100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 28-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

never thought its maybe because they would grudge paying the asking prices for what they get rather than not having the dosh?
a sporty can be had for just over 2k and a big twin from 3.5k so they aint exactly mega bucks?
Old 28-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick2 View Post
lol, thats the most often used comment from harley owners to people who dont want one.
why cant they understand that some people genuinely dont want them and cost has fuck all to do with it?
talk about snobbery or what.
If you genuinely don't want one, that is your choice. Just the same as it is MY choice to own several Harleys. The fact that Harleys do cost a lot has got a lot to do with it.

I have met a lot of people that would like to own one but as they cannot afford one they choose to follow the ignorant and jealous in slating them. These people do not have the honesty to admit they would like to own a Harley, but see slating those of us that do as the "Thing" to do. I almost feel sorry for them. Manyof these slaters do not think outside the box and think about the possibility of finding a Harley that has seen better days and working on it to bring it up to the standard they want. It is easier to sit back and bemoan the fact they cannot go out and buy a new bike with all the shiney bits. Old fashioned ways of doing things like innovation, adapt, improvise and overcome have gone out the window.

I fell in love with Harleys many years ago after seeing an article in Easyriders about a New York Hells Angel that owned a beautiful Shovel chop. The bike was pictured on top of a New York skyscraper. It was white and gold with girder forks. I had that centre spread picture pinned up in my army locker for years.

I was determined to own one. I worked hard and went without a lot of things so I could save up and buy one for cash money. Been owning and riding Harleys for 27 years now. I have also owned and still own a lot of jap bikes too.

Some of us work a lot harder at our passions than those that slate us.

Chopper.

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 28-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Qualified Sniggerer (MDLCSS)

I agree. I dont understand why people slag them off.

I havent got one and I would like one, so I am off to Nevada in Sep to test before I buy.

They are incredibly unique and my friends who own them, from stock to chop, love them and I love to see and hear the passion that they speak about them.

You know when a harley is coming along the road and it always makes me smile. Then you hear a loud cruiser and feel that its a bit of a wanabe trying to copy that 45 degree V sound.

In My Humble Opinion

Last edited by Beano; 28-07-2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: ..I have no idea....
Old 28-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

ive never had one BUT wouldnt rule out ever having one.
i wouldnt buy ANY new vehicle as the depreciation is ridiculous.
it would need to be a scruffy one that i could tinker with cause thats what i like doing
Old 28-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Ridden a few V twins over the years but they are not my cup of tea. I did have a trundle round on a mates harley many moons ago and whilst it did everything it it promised, I wasn't over enthused about the whole experience to be honest.

The problem with Harley riders is that they rise to the bait every time someone pokes them with a stick and takes the piss. You will always get them giving it the big " spent loads on this" or "harleys have more class" etc kind of replies. Guaranteed every time. Even Chopper falls victim to this age old ploy as his many long and eloquent rants will attest, bless him. My advice to any harley rider is to stop defending what you ride and why you ride it and just get out there and do it. Fuck em, it's your bike, you wanted it so enjoy every minute of it. I know that's what I do with my old Kwaks.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 28-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav View Post
" spent loads on this" or "harleys have more class"
lol have you seen my back rest ..... most harley owners would kill me for stickin it on but it was there and we made it fit and it serves its purpose lol
Old 28-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff View Post
God dont people who cant afford Harleys go on...
Hook, line and sinker Taff