100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 21-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Snigger....

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 21-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

[QUOTE
I will be having a word with the dealer about it.

Chopper.[/QUOTE]

Oh to be a fly on that wall
Old 21-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post
Well the build quality on mine is pretty good. I went over her with a fine tooth comb before I signed the handover paperwork. I told the sales guy that there was to be absofuckinglutely no advertising on the bike as they normally do on the reg plate. Made him take the plate off and cut the dealers name off the bottom of it before I took delivery.

Only problem I have found so far is the seat leaks!! Soaks up water, looks dry until I sit on it then get a wet arse. Now stop it you lot.

Chopper.
blimey you've taken it out in the rain

that'll void the Warranty
Old 21-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
looks dry until I sit on it then get a wet arse. Now stop it you lot.

I will be having a word with the doctor about it.

Chopper.
Wotcha.

There, fixed it for you

Sorry, couldn't resist.
MOONSHINERS M.C.C.
Old 22-05-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
[QUOTE

Chopper.

Oh to be a fly on that wall [/QUOTE]

Well I had a word...... several in fact. Got the expected bullshit about not being covered by the warranty, as the seat is stitched it cannot be made waterproof, Harley are really tightening up on warranty claims blah blah blah.

I did mention a few things like, "Brand new bike", "Trading Standards", "Two year manufacturers warranty", "NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE", "EXTREMELY BAD PRESS", "LOSS OF CUSTOMERS" last but not least, "I AM NOT HAPPY.... GET IT FUCKING SORTED...... I WILL SEE YOU ON MONDAY TO COLLECT MY NEW SEAT".

Service manager came and had a look, took details etc and promised "I will call you on Monday....save you having to come back in!!" Got the distinct impression he would rather I did not come in on Monday.... or any other day for that matter.

Chopper.

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 22-05-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugwash View Post
blimey you've taken it out in the rain

that'll void the Warranty
Jesus, I didn't buy it to just sit and look at it.

Know what you mean though. Sales guy did mention that corrosion is not covered by the warranty!! (Wonder if he was trying to tell me something then?).

Joking apart, you would expect to be able to keep the bike in good order with the minimum of effort, having spent so much to buy the bike in the first place. Harleys are definately NOT the cheapest bike on the market. Parts wise, I have found that if it has the HD name on it, is shiney or Go Faster parts, they cost about three times what you might expect to pay for Jap parts.

Don't get me wrong, I love Harleys and have spent god knows how much on those I have owned and still own. I always alter my bikes to how I want them to look and perform. To do that you have to spend money, quite a lot of money if it is HD stuff.

What Harley offers for sale is the basic bike in my opinion. Everything else is an optional extra. I am not a lover of chrome, too easy to fuck up and costs a fortune to have re-done. I much prefer polished alloy or stainless steel. However, a huge part of the Harley customer base is the HOG members who have shiney part syndrome. Most of them have yet to learn that chrome will not get you home and paying outrageous amounts for chrome bolt on shite does not normally increase or enhance the value of a bike.

Brilliant marketing exercise on the part of HD. Build quality has had to improve over the last decade or so. In my opinion Harley have done the bare minimum to move with the customers demand for better build quality, improved braking, suspension, styling and engineering. The plethora of after market products available and the numerous cloned copies of the HD design prove that there is a huge possibility for improvement, but that would mean that HD would lose a massive section of thier profit opportunity, if they built the quality and after market parts into thier standard bikes.

You pays your money and takes your choice.

Chopper.

Old 22-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs down

Quote:

Know what you mean though. Sales guy did mention that corrosion is not covered by the warranty!! (Wonder if he was trying to tell me something then?).

Joking apart, you would expect to be able to keep the bike in good order with the minimum of effort, having spent so much to buy the bike in the first place. Harleys are definately NOT the cheapest bike on the market. Parts wise, I have found that if it has the HD name on it, is shiney or Go Faster parts, they cost about three times what you might expect to pay for Jap parts.

Don't get me wrong, I love Harleys and have spent god knows how much on those I have owned and still own. I always alter my bikes to how I want them to look and perform. To do that you have to spend money, quite a lot of money if it is HD stuff.

What Harley offers for sale is the basic bike in my opinion. Everything else is an optional extra. I am not a lover of chrome, too easy to fuck up and costs a fortune to have re-done. I much prefer polished alloy or stainless steel. However, a huge part of the Harley customer base is the HOG members who have shiney part syndrome. Most of them have yet to learn that chrome will not get you home and paying outrageous amounts for chrome bolt on shite does not normally increase or enhance the value of a bike.

Brilliant marketing exercise on the part of HD. Build quality has had to improve over the last decade or so. In my opinion Harley have done the bare minimum to move with the customers demand for better build quality, improved braking, suspension, styling and engineering. The plethora of after market products available and the numerous cloned copies of the HD design prove that there is a huge possibility for improvement, but that would mean that HD would lose a massive section of thier profit opportunity, if they built the quality and after market parts into thier standard bikes.

Chopper.
Have you thought about triking it?

If so don't try filtering..

John.
Old 22-05-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:

Chopper.
Thing is half the reason Harleys "Market Share" is dwindling is because there bikes are seen as ,

1) A Luxury Item for people who collect shiny things

2) A Must have item for the Weekend Bad Ass Office Worker

3) Overpriced piles of crap built in the yesteryear of Nostalgia but at Tommorrows Prices

4) HOG OWNERS .....erm not saying nuthing thats another shit storm

5) Twin Cam "B's" , god alone knows what Cunt at the Motor Co came up with the Idea of putting a Balancer shaft in a V-Twin , From varying sources i've been told it was done because all the "Newer" Owners where whingin about the vibration ( Maybe there EX Honda Owners )

5) The Land of the Rising Sun ( or should that be Tidal Wave ) Building clones for a Cheaper Price (thing is though your Average Honda V-Twin sounds like a sewing machine and even with loud Pipes its well still like Susans Boyles Boyfriend , Flaccid when you Ride It .

Entertainment Value can be had on any Sunny Saturday by popping along to your local Stealership and openly laughing at the prices for Genuine bolt on Crap Shiny bits

I'd skip going on any cloudy days as the Dealership Car Parks are full of Cars , there again so as there "Theme Cafes" filled up with Leather Clad Hero's and just not many bikes outside it kinda explans a lot anyhow
Old 22-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Default Hog v harley riders

t'other week:

saturday afternoon in a town 'somewheres in the south west'

Belgium HOG: fill up a petrol station 30 dentists, sorry, HOG riders, FILL up the petrol station, don't let anybody out as they close the exit with HOGS until all their 'patch' wearing HOG riding friends have filled/paid up

cue motorists getting F'irate with said HOG riders (are there that many dentists in belgium?)

I don't know any Harley riders'd do that...but y're right open pipes & speakers in the seat IS unforgiveable

tho' the only time i've had a wet seat of late is when I gave a young 'lady' a pillion thru' open country....
Old 22-05-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
Have you thought about triking it?

John.
I would rather discover my sister shagging a welshman.

Chopper.

Old 23-05-2011, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugwash View Post
Thing is half the reason Harleys "Market Share" is dwindling is because there bikes are seen as ,

1) A Luxury Item for people who collect shiny things

Mine is not shiney, but I do seem to collect them!!
2) A Must have item for the Weekend Bad Ass Office Worker

Got to agree with you there as per my earlier comments. Problem is that because these fucking wannabes are stupid enough to pay for all that bling, THEY have created the market which HD are happy to supply.

3) Overpriced piles of crap built in the yesteryear of Nostalgia but at Tommorrows Prices

That opinion tends to be voiced by those that do not own a Harley, never have and never will, but are jealous of those of us that do own one.

4) HOG OWNERS .....erm not saying nuthing thats another shit storm

I think there is not much to say about HOG owners that has not already been said and in rather colourful language.

5) Twin Cam "B's" , god alone knows what Cunt at the Motor Co came up with the Idea of putting a Balancer shaft in a V-Twin , From varying sources i've been told it was done because all the "Newer" Owners where whingin about the vibration ( Maybe there EX Honda Owners )

A very wise man once told me, "You can't polish a turd". I suppose if you try you end up covered in shit. A Harley is what a Harley is.

5) The Land of the Rising Sun ( or should that be Tidal Wave ) Building clones for a Cheaper Price (thing is though your Average Honda V-Twin sounds like a sewing machine and even with loud Pipes its well still like Susans Boyles Boyfriend , Flaccid when you Ride It .

I have owned and ridden several jap V-Twins. They have thier good and bad pints the same as every bike on the road. The bit that makes me laugh is the amount of jap V-Twin owners that buy a new one and then spend thousands trying to make it look and sound like a Harley. For the same money or usually a lot less they could buy a good used Harley that already has the extras done.

Entertainment Value can be had on any Sunny Saturday by popping along to your local Stealership and openly laughing at the prices for Genuine bolt on Crap Shiny bits

Now you are stating an obvious, well knownand often lamented fact.

I'd skip going on any cloudy days as the Dealership Car Parks are full of Cars , there again so as there "Theme Cafes" filled up with Leather Clad Hero's and just not many bikes outside it kinda explans a lot anyhow
My recent visit to the local dealer where I bought my new bike from was quite amusing in some respects.

I pulled into the carpark, making a few slack jawed HOG people move rather sharply. Got off the bike and hung my helmet on the handlebars, just about to walk away from the HOG triple that were looking at my bike and one of them says "Excuse me, that number plate is highly illegal".
Me: "Yeah Probably", and walked away.

It was a short conversation.

Chopper.

Old 23-05-2011, 03:05 AM
Jedi Chat Master

the greatest compliment i was ever given.........

stuck behind some dayglo derek on a f800 all the way into town...20mph...yawn
got ont the old iron bridge on st davids hill, two lanes, nothing oncoming....

pulled alongside on the TL, big handfull, second gear, up she comes like a goodun

40 yards over the bridge, smles thru my pisspot as i overtakes......

at the lights , Mr Fuckwit pulls alongside, caberg flip front goes up, and the immortal line.......
"it's hooligans like you that give us motorcyclists a bad name "

fuckin job done ,........