100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 27-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Default Road Tax.

I renewed the tax on my bikes yesterday..It's gone up again 70 each now..

Still at least I haven't got a car to worry about..

I understand that if you are over fifty you can get free road tax.

provided you are accompanied by both maternal and paternal Grandparents.
John.
Old 27-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Default can I borrow their specs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
I

provided you are accompanied by both maternal and paternal Grandparents.
John.
or your bifocals? almost missed that at the bottomg
Old 27-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
I renewed the tax on my bikes yesterday..It's gone up again 70 each now..
When I taxed my bike last month I was told by the postmaster that the tax rise was "just like the 1p on fuel, it was post dated by Alistair Darling in his last budget."

Cnut.
Old 27-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

taxed two of mine online today. cost me feck all for either of em!!!

pre 73's are so cheap to keep!!!!

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php
Old 27-02-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearthefoxhat View Post
When I taxed my bike last month I was told by the postmaster that the tax rise was "just like the 1p on fuel, it was post dated by Alistair Darling in his last budget."

Cnut.
Well the current government could have change that, but would they hell... They take your earnings then give fek all back, including a fekked economy!
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 28-02-2011, 11:11 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothtec View Post
Well the current government could have change that, but would they hell... They take your earnings then give fek all back, including a fekked economy!
Oh don't start that pish again, it was your mate Brown who broke the country, this mob has to try and get us back on out feet, left to Liebour we would be third world by now.
Old 28-02-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Buster View Post
Oh don't start that pish again, it was your mate Brown who broke the country, this mob has to try and get us back on out feet, left to Liebour we would be third world by now.
No he didn't the Americans did... and most of tthe worlds economy with it...
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 28-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Default It was Brown wot done it...

by bailing out the bankers after the septics fucked the world...unfortunately most folks have forgotten by now that it was the septics who were doing the fucking...all Brown did was to try & stem the bleeding.

now that we've sorted that: back to the Tax

if these feckers were really interested in 'climate change' rather than just raising more taxes from it-bikes should be taxed at a lower rate.
Old 28-02-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothtec View Post
No he didn't the Americans did... and most of tthe worlds economy with it...
Nope, wrong again, we had the biggest post war defecit BEFORE the yanks started dodgy dealing with bad loans, we didn't even have the bullion to back us up at that point, he had sold that at bargain basement prices, and raped the private pension pots.
Old 28-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Jedi Chat Master

acually guys n gals ........int old days ,you paid 'Road fund duty'.......now cunninly changed to 'vehicle excise duty' ........so if you go of the wording ....you aint contributing to the roads no-more ,you are taxed for owning a vehicle............another example was ,you bought a 'television licence', now cos you can get the Beeb on other things ,sattilite,computer,etc..you now have to buy a colour 'Reciever' licence......its all in the small print folks
Old 28-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Need to Get out More!

The country was in the black during Conservative era..? it ought to have been... they SOLD all our Fukin assets....National Treasures and Utilities...Fuk em all ...Buy the Sporty.... it will hold its money for years.
Old 28-02-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie View Post
The country was in the black during Conservative era..? it ought to have been... they SOLD all our Fukin assets....National Treasures and Utilities...Fuk em all ...Buy the Sporty.... it will hold its money for years.

in the black? you sure? iirc one of the first things the blair govt did was pay off the outstanding debt owed to the americans since ww2 following the marshall plan. a debt which successive govts of both parties had failed to pay off in the good times.

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php
Old 28-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddman View Post
acually guys n gals ........int old days ,you paid 'Road fund duty'.......now cunninly changed to 'vehicle excise duty' ........so if you go of the wording ....you aint contributing to the roads no-more ,you are taxed for owning a vehicle............another example was ,you bought a 'television licence', now cos you can get the Beeb on other things ,sattilite,computer,etc..you now have to buy a colour 'Reciever' licence......its all in the small print folks
Hey I didn't mean to start a war..I was really just boasting that I could afford to tax my bikes..

As to the fine print on the TV license..

You must have a TV license to watch live TV as it is being shown so if you take down your aerial, connect a recorder and get someone to record everything for you and watch it a day later..you don't need a TV license..according to the fine print..

As to which government is worse, their entire job is to get as much money from us as they can, pay themselves as much of it as they can, and spend the rest of their time telling us that they are good enough for us to vote for them again so that they can keep on doing it..

And it doesn't matter what colour knickers they wear...

As long as we argue about them they know they are on easy street..If we all stopped arguing and nobody voted they would be out of a job..

We might get a lot better government if we only paid the sitting government and not the opposition..

John.

Last edited by John Hopkins; 28-02-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 28-02-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
just boasting that I could afford to tax my bikes..
don't start on saying how you can afford to insure them all 'fully comp' or we'll all be round asking for a loan.
Old 28-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Jedi Chat Master

You must have a TV license to watch live TV as it is being shown so if you take down your aerial, connect a recorder and get someone to record everything for you and watch it a day later..you don't need a TV license..according to the fine print..John.[/QUOTE]

didnt know that ....the way i tort was when the vcr was a reciver ,cos years ago a friend of mine to have just a black n white licence,and was a dab hand at swappin the telly over when the telly man called ...he stopped being lippy to him when he pointed out the word reciver on his licence .......and he got a day off work to go to court,and yes yer right ..it dont matter wat colour knickers they wear,in fact id say there were only 2 types of polictition ...a c.unt and a bigger c.unt
Old 02-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Default i'll just leave this here.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Buster View Post
Nope, wrong again, we had the biggest post war defecit BEFORE the yanks started dodgy dealing with bad loans, we didn't even have the bullion to back us up at that point, he had sold that at bargain basement prices, and raped the private pension pots.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...mes-banks-cuts

not me wot said it, its the guy wot runs the munny bank....
Old 02-03-2011, 11:08 AM

I don't dispute that at all, it is the bail out that has wiped us out, but we would have faired significantly better had Liebour not run up the biggest 'Credit card' debt ever, before they had to start bailing the greedy fckers out..

Brown was coasting along creating the biggest national defecit in three generations, all the while becoming the harvest basket of europe.. If he was as good a financier as he made himself out to be, he would have seen it coming... Perhaps he did, perhaps he sold us into slavery for the price of a vote?

The main reason we will be one of the last countries to recover and suffer worse and for a lot longer than most..

Still at least his marvellous job creation schemes has taken so many eastern europeans out of poverty and put them on British benefits.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

When I rule the world.......

Kenneth Clarke Chancellor 1993 - 1997 Law
Gordon Brown Chancellor 1997 - 2007 History
Alistair Darling Chancellor 2007 - 2010 Law
George Osborn Chancellor 2010 - History.

I did an apprenticeship and to do MY work I need qualifications, licences, permits and all of that.
Get an important job like national finance, and any unqualified numpty can do regardless of qualifications or experience.
In fact, the only qualification you really need is the depth of the brown smudge on the end of your nose.
And we are surprised when someone completely unqualified makes a balls up of it?
When I rule the world the Chancellor will need to have a qualification in Economics, which I why I thought Vince Cable would get the job.
Wrong again.

Did Gordon fuck it up?
Yes. Tax and spend and save nothing for a rainy day.
Not to mention New Labour's Swansong.
"let's REALLY fuck it up in the last six months, when it's obvious that the country has turned against us and Gordon has left a microphone switched on and left the country in no doubt what he really thinks of them. In our last budget we will bring in complicated post dated taxes that will take an act of parliament to overturn. Then without telling anyone, we will sign the Lisbon Treaty (the one we were promised a referendum on) and commit the future government to billions of pounds to Brussells. And when the next government is trying to wring blood out of a stone, we can look smug and say 'it was better when we were in power, you know'.

Political commentators were commenting on the Poison Chalice of New Labour tactics a year ago. Not everyone was listening, it seems.

PS. Did I mention 'Quantitative Easing'? It doesn't matter how much you try and polish a turd, it is still a turd
Printing money to get yourself out of the shit but put a polysyllabic name on it and by the end of the week Alistair Campbell's spin doctors will have the Red Top readers believing he really is the saviour!

Last edited by wearthefoxhat; 02-03-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill? View Post
don't start on saying how you can afford to insure them all 'fully comp' or we'll all be round asking for a loan.
66.42 to insure both my Vmax and my Honda VT700 third party only with bennetts.

That'll do me..

John.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Default Inside job?

anybody (else) seen this?