100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Trike Magazine


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-02-2011, 11:34 AM
deano1 deano1 is offline
Chat Virgin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: manchester (at momment)
Posts: 1
Default help

hi all iam deano iam new to the trike world (well wanted one for a v long time) iam not working at momment and want a trike but i only have a full bike licence so what restrictions will i have since only having a bike licence ive heard if its over certain size or weight then you need a car licence plus (cheeky bit sorry) anyone know of any basket cases going cheap i dont mind doin work on something i know its cheeky so will appologise now in advance iam based in manchester at momment but will be movin hastings in next 12 months hopefully
Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 10:26 AM
John Hopkins's Avatar
John Hopkins John Hopkins is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tredegar, South Wales
Posts: 16,062

Hi deano1.

Welcome to the forum,

Don't buy a heap of crap that might cost you the earth to get on the road we had a really nice single seat trike in the classified section a few weeks ago fo 1,500 with mot and a single seat.

I'm fairly sure you can ride that, but they keep changing the goalposts..

They also have changed what you can legally call a trike so if you buy a fixer upper you may not be able to register it or tax it and the insurance may kill you.

Someone else on here will put you straight about what you can ride.. When I got my licence they hadn't even invented the internal combustion engine.

Beauty is skin deep; ugly goes right to the bone
Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Mistress Maker's Avatar
Mistress Maker Mistress Maker is offline
It's about time I shut the fuck up!
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the land of the northern angel
Posts: 1,731

To ride a trike you need group b1 on your bike license, so it depends when you passed your bike test, it was around 2003 I think they dropped it from the bike license.......you get a full group b with a car license that covers b1 for trikes.

becareful what you buy as said, so of the cheap fixer uppers are not proeprly registered and you may have problemswhen it comes to MOT time if the mot tester highlights its not as per the V5.
men can be like dogs , stroke them and they beg!!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.