100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Default Your top 5 favourite bikes

How about a thread were you tell us about your best 5 bikes the reasons for them and some pics too.

Heres mine
Number 1 my africa twin.
I had this noble steed nearly 4 years spent a small fortune in maintenance from daily use. It was a really good bike but it rusted fast and they have some cult following now that has push prices way up. Rims are a pain the alloy goes off quick a good bike but not worth thousands I always though the transalp was as good just did not have the aggressive looks.

2 fj1200 thirsty beast but had plenty of power all the luggage and big legs it could carry me anywhere at big speeds all day. And it was matt black.

3 bandit 1200 good power tiny tank and had to replaced every single bearing at 20000 miles but boy does the finish go ff on them quick.

4 xt600e or pinky as it was known. When I 1st got it it was just for laughs I live in the country then one day 6 months after I had bought it I realised my bandit 12 and zxr750h2 had not been used for months loads of fun bullet proof great on fuel just no good for short legs. Still looking for an xt660 for a backup.

5 And finally number 5 my current bike the k75rt yes its slowish heavy for what it is but lighter than the k100lt I owned but the engine is clock smooth the fairing is amazing I can do two weeks shopping on it easily(christmas shop is a challenge) Its low maintenance and very economical about 50 to gallon or more. I like all the little cubby holes for sticking things in papers, bag chips and loaf.

Well these are me top 5 from maybe 130 bikes plus over years each had its merrits. I have not mentoined any of the older bikes gs's gpz'z as good as they were because these are the ones that stick in my mind and at a push would not hesitate to own again.
Will try and post a pic of k75 so you can all be astounded by its super sleak aerodynamic lines lol.
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Interesting.. Here's mine

No 1. 1050 Speed Triple. The only bike I've ever bought new. The absolute bollox. Good at everything bar pillions and stability in the wind was a bit suspect. Sexy as an airbrushed Kylie

No 2. T509 Speed triple. Awesome bike, arguably an even better all rounder than the 1050 cos it was more comfortable, more stable in the wind (even though it met its maker by being blown off the top of a moontain during hurricain stonedski) and better at hauling luggage. Sexy as an un-airbrushed Kylie.

No 3. Me current steed (whey, not the winter GPZ but ye kna worra mean) ZRX12R. Corkin all rounder. Did Faro earlier in the year (4K+ miles round trip) without breaking a sweat or me!!! Looks proper n'all. Likin it

No 4. XJ550 Had this for years while other bikes came and went. Ended up being a spare bike used by me club for emergencies for a bit then was stripped and never re-built. Was sold as an 'extra bike for spares' last year so is still local. Never failed to make me smile. Like a 4 banger RD.

No 5. FZR1280 Street Fighter - Loved this for it's attitude. In truth it didn't partularly like going slowly. Looked naughty though. Polished frame, slab yokes n renthals, VFR single sider, R1 tail piece with strip LED tail light, flip up no plate etc etc...Blah, blah.. Liked this cos I hadn't had a custom bike for a while and the first few months were spent replacing broken bracketery after every ride. Twas fun. Soz no pics..
Old 04-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Chat Slut

Default Buy BRITISH

My favorite bikes past and present...

1 1964 BSA C15 250cc single - Scrapped after an offie

2 1959 BSA A10 650cc Twin Golden Flash - Sold to fund next bike

3 1964 Triumph T100SS 500cc Twin - fully rebuilt and still looking sweet

4 2008 Triumph Bonneville T100 - Needed a modern bike to keep up with mates...

5 1961 Triumph Custom Chopper - Club bike for showing off with.

Never owned a 'foreign' bike.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Chatter Box

gsxr750f (slabbie)
rd350lc and ypvs
z1 and z1100r
gs1000
vmax

the more I think about it ...I seem to have more ...r100s triumph t100 vincent jota sfc750 tz750 etecetc.....this is not fair

Last edited by voivod; 05-12-2010 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Hard to put them in any particular order, but the top 5 .....

Laverda Jota
Thunderace
FJ1200
1000Exup
My present ZZR1400 (first brand new bike in 36 years)
Old 04-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Chat Slut

1. My FJ 1100 custom thingy, took a while to build just makes me grin every
time I ride it.
2. Triumph Trophy triple chop, got to finish it, again it puts a grin on my face
when I ride it.
3. Hinkley Trident, lovely engine handles great.
4. 955i Speed Triple, hoot to ride.
5. GT 750 suzuki, went like stink, handled like a pig, entertaining to ride.
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2010, 10:06 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

1) cb500/4 with sidecar palma adult / child. Good looks, reliable and my first nice classic, Patina rather than rust- retired for overhaul after 160,000 miles that was mostly me. Awesome fun to ride and the most useful vehicle I've ever had til the landrover came on scene. The one bike I would never, ever sell
2) Kh125 - mainly cos it was / is my first bike, handled really well but poo reliability.
3) Suzuki FZ50 - King of cool that was and ran on Fresh air.
4) Honda rebel 125, bought off Borg a year or more ago, sccruffy but reliable transport that was cheap.
5) Bmw r90/6 sidecar outfit (busmar Asteral) with leading links 1000cc engine and twin plugging. Front lifted in 3rd even with the caravan sized chair. Awesome and as far as I'm concerned the ultimate outfit but had starting issues traced to carbs - one day it shall ride again. even have a flatbed dech with loading ramp to carry a bike in place of the Asteral body.

Last edited by matthewmosse; 05-12-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Reasons for liking missing
Old 05-12-2010, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator

1960s The Arial 1000cc square four sounded like an old lorry but overheated.

1960s the BSA A10 golden flash could be ridden blindfolded without oil and wouldn't fall over or burn out.

1960s the Matchless G11 pulled like a train.

1980s I love the adrenaline rush that riding the Vmax gives me one of the unsafest bikes on the road.

After that it's anything in the cruiser line even the Honda 750 Shadow.

None of them really fast by todays standards but great bikes in their time.

John
Old 05-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Chatter Box

Default mmmmm

1- my old candy apple red cb750 hardtail chop built by `ian borrowman` now owned by someone on here i think and sprayed matt blk... dam shame was on show early kent custom days when at ashford and bikes were on wooden boards and ya could get right up close....

2- cb 550 hardtail

3- gs 1000 hardtail (bit low this was as ya went round corners your boots got shaved.) fun though

4-xl 500 custom.. nickel plated frame.. 12v conversion.... some one loved it more than me thpugh and took it whilst i was sleeping....basterds

5- b12 custom fighter thing i`m on now

but there are loads of others so this list would be subject to change...
Old 05-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

OK, here we go, these also happen to be my last five bikes...
1) Triumph Trident 900. Just recently clocked over 100,000 and still going strong. Not particularly good handling or particularly comfy but I love her.
2) Honda Blackbird. What a phenomenal bike! I bought it for doing mega miles around Europe which it did without breaking into a sweat. 120 mph around the peripherique with a flat front tyre was "interesting". Had to sell it due to long term unemployment and lost a fortune on it.
3) FJ1200. Another mega mile muncher and a stonking engine. Part ex'd it for the Blackbird.
4) Kawasaki GT750. Not a particularly interesting bike but it was a great workhorse. I took it to Faro and the base gasket started leaking. It was pissing out oil. Only problem I had with it (apart from the base gasket leak) was coming back from the Elephant rally.
5) Suzuki DR600. Big single trail bikes rock! Just a bit of a bugger to start as you need the right technique.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Chatter Box

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr grumpy View Post
1. My FJ 1100 custom thingy, took a while to build just makes me grin every
time I ride it.
2. Triumph Trophy triple chop, got to finish it, again it puts a grin on my face
when I ride it.
3. Hinkley Trident, lovely engine handles great.
4. 955i Speed Triple, hoot to ride.
5. GT 750 suzuki, went like stink, handled like a pig, entertaining to ride.
nice ride dude....i love it.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Nik

Ones that you've owned?

Future Bike - 'cos ... well. just 'cos really.

Changeling - I love it despite the fact that it appears to hate me. Every time I look at it, it makes me smile ... and then swear when the fucking thing breaks down again. Proper love/hate relationship.

My Beezer - always like Brit bikes, but A10s especially 'cos o' the timing side. Wanted one for years, got this one built for me ex who decided she didn't really want it so had it repainted to the colour it should've been all along (was purple, changed to orange) and then had to sell it ... gutted. Oh well, s'pose you can't keep everything.

Muz Mastiff - one of the most fun bikes I've ever had. 45bhp, 100mph tops, 80 mile tank range, the most uncomfortable seat in history - I adored it. Taught meself to stunt on it (one handed feet-up figure of eights while drinking a pint when I was really good!), rode it like an utter twat, just made me grin like a loony all the time.

TZR250 - first ever proper 'stroker, just loved it. Rode the arse off it for the couple of years I had it until the gearbox started to play up (known fault with the early ones) so I sold it and bought something a lot more staid, but just as silly in its own way - an XJ650 with a full Mel Le Moto bodykit and rode that in various guises 'til it blew itself to bits one night on the A14.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Default favourites:

3ta, my first ever chop

tiger 100, aluminium (?) barrels bought from an old chap in a shed, not run for years... & v. cheap

RD250 when they was the fastest 2stroke-after being 'fettled' & after a weeks commute could lay a smoke trail for 1/2 a mile

honda 5t, not fast, not beautiful but went for years with nary a missed beat.

Moto Guzzi California 1100, present bike & expected to remain, does what it should & makes me smile doing it.....aaah...
Old 08-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

vs1400 intruder, the early 4 speed model. great bike, very torquey, stupidly small tank.

1100 katana first type not the jelly mold one. again great bike big old roller bearing engine, out handled by almost everything these days ..

rd 430 what can i say, a proper licence loser if ever there was one.

early z's 900/1000, no reason to explain why....

but the most remembered and loved. one of 2 i have owned, the kawasaki h2 750 2t triples. best fun i have ever had, the worse scares i have ever had, the most fuel hungry i have ever had.
i swear they used to watch you just waiting for an excuse to kill you deder than ded
Old 09-12-2010, 04:39 AM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphbill View Post
My favorite bikes past and present...

1 1964 BSA C15 250cc single - Scrapped after an offie

2 1959 BSA A10 650cc Twin Golden Flash - Sold to fund next bike

3 1964 Triumph T100SS 500cc Twin - fully rebuilt and still looking sweet

4 2008 Triumph Bonneville T100 - Needed a modern bike to keep up with mates...

5 1961 Triumph Custom Chopper - Club bike for showing off with.

Never owned a 'foreign' bike.

gotta be the best list ever!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:43 AM

My Sortster!!
My AR125 rat
My BSA Bantam
My ZXR 750 rat
My GSXR1100
Old 09-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Chat Pimp

Mine are.
1. RD350LC with full Rickman fairing in gloss black, Reliable 2 stroke hooliganism
2. GS 650 hard tail chop. Coolist bike Ive ever owned, not fast but a crowd puller.
3. CB250 super dream built up from a box of bits bought from local garage for 25 quid and missing parts sourced from scrap yard.. Never once let me down despite being dropped multiple times and being ridded in all weathers as a courior hack.
4. Zthou, pulled like a bloomin train
5 CB750, another reliable bike.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Chat Virgin

Heres mine in no order 1. suzuki bandit 600 i had it a few years gave it death every where! never went wrong spent loads on it jack up kit renthals dynojetkit etc very fond memories! 2. suzuki 750 katana inport looked like a big 1100 my dream bike when i was a kid lasted around 3 months and i wrote a lorry off outside jacks hill cafe on the a5 3.suzuki 1200 bandit what an engine loads of fun! couldnt afford to keep buying back tyres every 2/3 months so flogged it 4. yamaha tdm850 ratfighter only got it cuz it was very cheap never liked them a very underated bike! still got it 5. cz175 flat tracker bike me and my dad built it up when i was 12ish i used to ride it on a mates farm and a very posh golf course!!!
Old 18-12-2010, 09:32 PM

This one my first Ever Ground Build in 1987 , jeez i'm old

2nd Version of me old 12 Bandit Chop

The Original Mk 1 12 Chop

The Current Bike

Before that i'd Say my GS1000e which I thrashed to Death everywhere

A GS750e which I midly Customised and I think thats where the Bug bit for chopping things up Started
Old 19-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Chat Slapper

Well where to start.
1. My Kat

2. my gs1000g (sorry about the man in the pic mucks up the pic of the bike)

3. Miss scat6 gsxr1100 ish

4. My last build

5. no pic and not alive now a gs550 with a gsx1100f motor in it, motor now lives in the Kat, but what a bike that 550/1100 was

Last edited by S Cat 6; 19-12-2010 at 09:42 PM.