100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 19-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Chat Pimp

Default lairg

gonna be using this as a base for a highland tour next year anyone know of decent places to eat and visit?????????????
Old 20-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Chat Pimp

Places to visit, Lochinver, Durness, Tongue (gotta visit the Post Office to buy your " I love Tongue" sticker!) Ullapool. Inverness has many attractions, not the least being my Army Surplus store, Fort George well worth seeing if you're at all interested in military history, also Culloden battlefield and visitor centre with its 360 degree videod re-enactment. Fortrose on the Black Isle for dolphins, and Skye if you fancy a longer trip. No shortage of good eating places around Lairg, but while you're away from base, I'd recommend sticking to the local pubs for good nosh at a reasonable price.

I almost recommended a run out to John O' Groats, but to be honest theres nothing to see really. If you want to head that way to say you've been to the most northerly point on the British mainland, you have to go out to Dunnet head.

If you time it right, you may catch the rallies at Groats, Nairn, Skye or Orkney.

Feel free to pm me for more info.
Old 20-08-2010, 12:07 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

A great wee day trip would be, up to JoG, across the top coast to Durness (mine and Annes favourite place on this sceptred isle), then down via Scourie, Inchnadamph and Ledmore. Epic run.

Don't forget to visit Dunrobin castle, you can also go and scramble over Skiall Brae, see the mudhuts we were living in when the Minoan city Knossos fell to an earthquake!