100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Shows and Meets

Notices

Old 07-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Send a message via MSN to Creature
Default CReatures 4th Any Spare Change Rally 14th - 16th may 2010

Its getting to that time again. I will enlarge on this thread as things get agreed. Also will be adding to my website in the few days (time permitting)

Flyer Kindly done once again by Drew Rivers

Webmasters Please feel free to add this link to your website or even create a post on your forum. It will be very much appreciated..

14th - 16th May 2010
The Plough
Ramsey Road,
Farcet Fen,
Peterborough,
Cambridgeshire,
PE7 3DR
Phone no:01733 844307.

Colin and his staff will again have some excellent Ales on sale and also provide excellent meals. The pub resturant will again be closed off from the rally, but you are more than welcome to go into the pub for a sit down meal. Altho there will be non rally people there, so please be respectful to any non ralliests in the pub.

It is also advisable to book your meal in advance. You can even book your meal before the event if you wish (Phone number above). Colin’s resturant is very popular and often sells out, so be warned...

Colin has again offered to sponsor the Marquee, Stage & Flooring - and he and I hope everyone supports him in this. Colin and myself dont mind reasonable amounts of alcohol brought onto the CAMPSITE as long as it is consumed at your tents. Once you enter the secured show arena we would ask you to buy your alcohol from the bar. If we are as successful in 2010 as we were in 2008/2009 Hopefully Colin will continue to sponsor the Marquee, Stage & Flooring.

Without his sponsorship of these the event would not go ahead as it costs more to hire than profit we made at 2008's fund raiser.

Onsite food wagon will be providing smaller meals, from normal rally food to a breakfast, veggie stuff, baked potatoes, french sticks, pasta ( On saturday the excellent roast again) ETC if you require more details please ring Colin on above phone number.
500 limit (plus 150 tickets held for those wishing to Pay On The Gate) so Pre-book advisable as we almost sold out last year. (booking form at www.anysparechangerally.tk in the anyspare change rally room on my website ) £15.00 Pre-Book £20.00 OTG

Hoodies £18.50 ( pre-book only) T-shirts £5.00 each & Patches £4.50 each (Please order with your Pre-book) There may be a few left for sale on the website, but to make sure please order with your pre-book tickets. There will again only be 100 patches for sale so its 1st come 1st served.
I hope that this years event will be bigger and better than the previous events, and I hope that you all enjoy yourselves, whilst raising money for a cause that is very dear to us all.

This fund raiser will continue for as long as it is wanted and is supported well by you. So please help me to help others by turning up.
I hope that everyone will agree that for £15.00 Pre-book (£20.00 on the gate) this weekend wil be great value for money.(due to site limitations Pre - booked extreemly advisable......)

Pre-Booking Helps Colin & Myself to try our best to make sure we have enough food & drink on the site as we don’t want to start running out of food or drink till around midnight on Saturday.

Pre-Book Form now Online !!

(heres direct link) http://66.7.221.56/~dejavuro/dejavur...rebookform.pdf
Hopefully we will see you there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usual Any spare change format

Bike Show (need someone to run this for me please)

Robin has kindly offered to do the stage lighting once again (Many thanx m8)

<center>Bands Confirmed so Far:

Friday
Chaos Roadshow
Jester
The Almaboobies
Chaos Roadshow

Saturday
Chaos Roadshow
Rick Hulses Comedy Club - Kindly Sponsored by...
[/center]

Smacked Arse Stand-Up Comedy at Creature’s
‘Any Spare Change’ Charity Rally

14th - 16th May 2010
The Plough, Ramsey Road, Farcet Fen, Peterborough, PE7 3DR
Contact Creature on 07957 375463 or mr_creature@hotmail.co.uk for more info

In addition to bloody good company and fantastic musical entertainment including;
Jester, The Almaboobies, Stevie Simpson, Tracey Browne, Exhibit A and Rubicon; the ‘Any Spare Change’ rally will once again feature a wonderful line-up of some of Britain’s brightest stand-up comedy stars.
As an added bonus one of Britain’s most promising newcomers will be adding a further dimension to the show in the form of a ten minute set as part of a brand new “Smacked Arse Comedy – Search for a Comedy Star” contest to be running at shows throughout 2010.

The Smacked Arse comedy show at the Any Spare Change Rally on the afternoon of Saturday May 15th 2010 (starting about 12:30pm) will feature;

Greg Cook (Headline Act):
46 year-old Greg Cook’s deadpan style and mastery of the spoken word led John Plowman, head of BBC Comedy, to describe him as “Les Dawson for the 21st century”.
A prolific writer of comedy, he has several hours of tested material to draw on, but reserves the right to dish up a blistering set drawn from this morning’s newspapers. Religion, politics, sport, terrorism, poetry, the police, philosophy, royalty and his long-suffering mum have all been given the Greg Cook treatment, since he began performing in May 2002.
Open spots on the Manchester circuit have given way to regular headline work all over the UK and as far-afield as the Middle East.
He abandoned a law degree after 2 years to devote more time to writing and performing comedy. “Law and comedy are essentially the same gig,” says Greg, “telling lies for money. But this way I don’t have to wear a tie.”
Greg’s first appearance in one of Rick Hulse’s ‘Smacked Arse Comedy Shows’ for bikers was at the 2009 Yorkshire Pudding Rally, where his performance was nothing less than a master-class in the art of British stand-up.

"Cook was unafraid to launch into bang-up-to-date topical material, with gags hewn from the previous days' headlines…any comic who can coin the phrase 'back-scuttling the baroness' has to have a future." – Chortle
"Greg Cook was a dead-cert from the moment he opened his mouth - his scary appearance shielding a delightful deadpan comedy routine which saw much of the audience falling off their chairs. Relentless gags, brilliant delivery. A worthy finalist." – Manchester Evening News
"... hugely funny... his fearsome physicality contrasts with his rapier-sharp intellect... the new Les Dawson." – Metro

Ruff Daddy:
Britain’s most unique stand-up comedian is two foot six inches of feisty drunken swearing Yorkshire pensioner.
“Like Les Dawson meets John Prescott pissed-up in a kebab shop”. He has burst onto the UK comedy scene like an exploding fat girl.
If you think that sounds intriguing, there’s more…
Ruff Daddy has a wife, she’s ‘Bad Mama’ and she “takes no f’ing prisoners!”
Visionary insight and outright filth with puppetry so sharp it’ll get you over Kermit. Written and performed by Steve Wright and Simon Kerrigan this act is something totally unique in the genre of stand-up comedy!
Rick Hulse first saw Ruff Daddy when they performed on the same bill at Manchester’s famous Frog & Bucket comedy club in an “Asylum” show. He laughed so hard that he spilt his own drink (that really doesn’t happen very often). A packed room of hardened comedy club regulars and nine other comedy acts, including the marvellous Richard Herring, were smitten by a rude, grumpy, incredibly funny, beer-swilling puppet and there was no question that Ruff Daddy just had to be introduced to the bike rally scene. At the You’ve Been Nabbed 18 motorcycle rally, 2000+ people were in pain from laughing so hard and so long when Ruff Daddy and Bad Mama took centre stage in the Frog & Bucket Comedy Club Roadshow. Over the past twelve months Ruff Daddy has become an iconic comedy act on the bikers comedy circuit.
“The audience loved it!” – Richard Herring
“I tried to think which of my mates it reminded me of, then I realised it was all of them.
It was almost a shock at the end of the performance to remember that two very clever men were in plain view operating Ruff Daddy; your attention is so drawn to Ruff Daddy and his little front room set.” – Rick Hulse
“Outrageously funny… really owned the show… Ruff Daddy has to be seen to be believed” – Barbara Rossa (BSH Magazine)

Last edited by Creature; 12-05-2010 at 06:47 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 14-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

hi bud i won't be at the rally(not a grate fan of the land lord ) but if you need my van its yours for the week end
Old 09-11-2009, 01:55 AM

See you there mate. I've added it to my MySpace giglist.

CHEERS !!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Got any room on your bill on the Friday for a new band?

Called 'Blast From The Past', they are a 5 piece (with keyboards), playing classic rock covers up to Y2K, featuring a former member of a well known biker band on lead vocals...

Website just at the holding page stage ATM until the full site is finished --> http://www.blastpast.co.uk

... alright, it's me. I've gone and joined a band again. On vocals this time

Firedance Roadshow - www.firedance.biz
Old 10-11-2009, 09:58 AM

will add you as backup as band slots are already filled
Old 10-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature View Post
will add you as backup as band slots are already filled
That's probably for the best...

Firedance Roadshow - www.firedance.biz
Old 10-11-2009, 10:14 PM

Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature View Post
15th - 17th May 2009
Creature
I don`t wanna seem picky but plz double check and edit the dates in your OP
Old 11-11-2009, 01:24 AM

ooops

done
Old 11-01-2010, 07:12 PM

heres direct link for preebook form

http://66.7.221.56/~dejavuro/anyspar...rebookform.pdf
Old 17-01-2010, 11:42 PM

added bands & stalls confirmed so far
Old 23-01-2010, 08:28 PM

added more bands - unfortuantly one band had to pull out for a slot on Friday - but the almaboobies have kindly offered to fill the slot
Old 27-01-2010, 10:55 PM

The Paypal account is now open !

email details: anysparechangerally@hotmail.co.uk

select the gift option - please also add details of what you are paying for
Old 29-01-2010, 09:53 AM

Another stall confirmed

Davinas Tean & Coffee plus home made cakes

her business is affliliated to N.A.B.D
Old 04-02-2010, 09:31 AM

The rally now has its own domain name !

http://www.anysparechangerally.tk/

I will be keeping link on www.dejavuroadshow.tk - but as I am splitting teh website up into more manageable sites, as well as performing a major facelift thought it would be best.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:22 AM

New sponsors added to top post and 99% of bands confirmed
Old 08-02-2010, 10:49 AM

Finally got caught up (well almost) 2nd batch of tickets posted this morn. Just for some more to turn up 10 mins later with postie

tickets will be posted out each wednessday
Old 13-02-2010, 03:33 PM

Due to circustances I am on teh lookout for some helpers this year.

Not yet 100% sure on numbers for daytime helpers, but

require 4 people to work the niteshift alongside Russ & Nell,

Dutes are as follows

start around midnight - finnish around 6amish
walk the site inpairs to make sure everythings secure, empty bins, clean and restock toilets ( on Sat night will be breaking down 3 small marquees).

Both Russ n Nell know whats to be done, but we require 4 people. prefurably at least 1 more woman (just in case we have any problems with any ladies).

There will be coffee/tea provided and some food provided.

Like all of us you will still need to pay ya ticket money - but you get to wear a high vis gross coloured marshals shirt and sunday dinner is provided after we have cleared the site.

If anyone can help please PM or email me
Old 08-03-2010, 11:01 AM

Busy morning - just posted over 100 tickets

Looks like club turnouts gonna be a fight this year )
Old 16-04-2010, 01:18 PM

Dave Twentyman:
Dave is an established star of North West comedy.
Hailing from the town of St Helens, his tales of home, work and the universe are delivered in a stream of consciousness both mesmerizing and friendly.
He started back in Christmas 2002 at Lock 'n' Load comedy club, were out with his mates and completely intoxicated got up on stage for the first time and made people laugh.
Ten gigs later he was to make his first and only TV appearance so far on ITV's ‘Made In The North West’: "It was a bit of a whirlwind experience but I just wasn't good enough or ready for it at the time, but I was flattered they wanted me on."
Since then, he's packed in the drink and has performed on nearly every North West comedy stage, playing the fool and bantering with audiences who love his chaotic, haphazard style.
He recently won the St Helens Comedian Of The Year competition and was promptly tipped to follow the success of fellow St Helens comic Johnny Vegas.
Last time Dave featured in one of Rick Hulse’s ‘Smacked Arse Comedy shows’ he was ankle-deep in mud but still managed to have the audience in stitches. At the ‘Any Spare Change’ rally he will be aiming for less mud but even more laughter.
"Quick on his feet, reminiscent of a young Johnny Vegas" – The Frog & Bucket, Manchester.
" Very funny, lovely young man " – XFM Manchester
" Very enjoyable, great to watch " – Off The Kerb

Richard Massara
Smacked Arse “Search for a Comedy Star” spot:
Richard is relatively new to the comedy scene. But don’t let his well spoken voice and Argos Catalogue face put you off, they hide a mind and a tongue that are as filthy as the bed sheets in a cheap Mexican brothel.
Based in Yorkshire, Richard has made regular appearances in “Beat the Frog” at the Frog & Bucket Comedy Clubs in Manchester and Preston. He’s flirted with Manchester clubs like The Comedy Store, X S Malarkey and the Comedy Balloon. Molested Comedy Central in Liverpool, and committed acts of sodomy on clubs in Leeds, York, Newcastle, Sheffield and London. All with the aim of bringing his brand of “Queens English filth” to the nation, and looking into the darker corners of the English psyche that others are often too reserved to peek at; from internet pornography, through talking dirty, to that very special relationship an Englishman has with his dog.
Richard first came to the attention of Rick Hulse when they were both performing for a group of weird theatrical types at a private party in Yorkshire. It was immediately agreed that he should have a spot in the Smacked Arse “2010 Search for a Comedy Star”.

“That man has some serious issues” – Roger Monkhouse
“He’s a good looking young bloke with a lot of potential; but despite that I decided not to kill him, because he made me laugh” – Rick Hulse

Rick Hulse (Host & Compere):
Rick Hulse's comedy style is brash, uncompromising and down-to-earth. Though the language can be raw, his insights into the world of, dieting, drugs, marriage, sex, and motorcycling never fail to entertain.
Having a twisted philosophical view on just about any subject, from ranting against life’s inequalities to musing on the design of human genitalia, makes for an unpredictable show.

His long involvement in the biking scene, seventeen years as the Chairman of the NABD and thirteen years of writing comic fiction and manic articles under such names as Professor Pierre O’Bollox, M Phetamine and Shirley Crabtree, together with his off-hand Mancunian manner have made him a firm favourite in hosting bikers parties and rallies.
If you are looking for political correctness bring a microscope. Rick’s acerbic Mancunian wit bulldozes its way through life, the universe and everything (everything sex or alcohol related anyway).
“If you need a good comedian for your rally, just get Rick Hulse. He’s as funny as fuck!” – 100% Biker Magazine
“Rick Hulse once again had the crowd in hysterics” – BSH Magazine
“Despite the scary appearance, Rick Hulse proved to be an affable chap with a wry wit” – Manchester Evening News
“If you haven’t been to one of Rick Hulse’s – ‘Smacked Arse’ comedy shows yet, you really should; but be warned, the laughter can leave your face and ribs really aching.”
– Barbara Rossa

Bike Show – In the Arena from 1pm – judging around 4pm – Voting slips available.

Stevie (Back again by Popular request)
Tracy Browne
The Legendary Vertigo Tarts
The Rory Gallagher Jam
Rubicon
Exhibit A (Back again by Popular request)

Stalls Confirmed so far............</center>
Dark Heart - Alternative through & through - I sell biker, rockabilly, punk and gothic clothing, accessories and footwear for all ages, starting at age 0-6 months’. some of the brands i stock are spiral direct, stardust kids, new rock boots. I also stock afew accessories and ornaments as well as smoking paraphernalia and a few bits that are weird and eccentric.

Leather repair stall - replaces zips and sows on patches - more details as i get them

Dragon Slayer Tattoo studio

The Mug stall – that was popular last year is back once again.

The N.A.D.B National Stall.

Tiny Designs - Sells Silver items.

DD Jewlry - Sells Jewelry

Fat Maggot - Offensive T-Shirts.

Keith's Clothing - Great stall

Nelly & Co - Leatherwaistcoats,combats,ma1,face masks,bad nannars,smoking stuff,hoodies,t-shirts,saddlebags etc....good old fashion biker style products!torches,batties,wallets (Baccy & Cigarettes as a try out!) etc

[center>Rally Sponsors

This ones a hard one for me as I'm not one to go chasing companies, I have tried, but get very few replies to emails or letters that it disheartend me big time. A quick reply even if they couldn’t help would have been something.

But there are companies out there who have been or are willing to sponsor this event - Many thanks from me, It makes a big difference.

This year I am pleased to anounce that This years Comedy club has been sponsored by www.TheGrassSeedStore.co.uk
The Grass Seed Store
Better known to me and you as Kerry & Freak - many thanks to you.

Creatures Disco

The Venue Once again Sponsoring The Marquee, Stage & Floor.

Back Street Guitars.Doncaster Phone 01302 328811 - Better Known to You & me as Bassman

Mel & Lee Wozwolf
group of bikers from Spalding - No Club
Old 18-04-2010, 12:33 AM

Hi all - quick update.

all the bands now confirmed (have 2 great bands on standby)

Rick has pulled out all the stops this year for the smacked arse comedy club - we have 4 great comedians this year

Stalls have all been updated

Patches are selling well only 39 left as of today.

NOTE ********** Special offer on the rally T-Shirts **************

This will be the last year that we will be having multipul years on the rally T-shirts (we normally cross each year off and add the next year). This is becoming increasingly difficult to do and the cost of 2 templates is just too much so.................................

For this year only............

T-shirts are £5.00 each on a 1st come 1st served basis. (those who have pre-booked there T-shirts and paid £10.00 will receive 2 T-shirts).
Now we only have a few left

Small 13 left
Medium 1 left
Large 26 left
X Large 36 left

These are sold on a 1st come 1st served basis. once they are gone thats it as I dont want to be bringing any home.

We can do this as T-shirt sales are well down this year and all T-shirts sold were left over from last years rally.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:43 PM

All Tickets Sold from Today will be held ON THE GATE.

Last Cheque payment to arrive NO LATER THAN Monday 10th May

Last Pay Pal Payment Accepted Wednesday 12th May

In all cases I will need your email or moby phone details so I can give you your ticket numbers.

Site map available here for those wishing to Pay OTG

http://66.7.221.56/~dejavuro/anyspar...s/rallymap.pdf

I will also have spare tickets with me at N.A.B.D this weekend
Old 13-05-2010, 08:39 AM

Right I'm off to get things ready fro all those coming this weekend

ride safe