Chat Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
*sigh*

Not again....
great input
Old 20-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Administrator

It's a twist on an email that has been doing the rounds for a decade. Back in 2000 the BBC reported on people trying to get the UK to boycott BP. This email has cropped up every year since as a moronic chain mail.

Boycotting petrol stations is pointless for a number of reasons that have already been covered on this thread - for a start, BP and Esso supply countless supermarket forecourts as well as their own branded stations.

72% of the price of fuel is tax, but the oil companies have a higher visibility than the government. Petrol stations make more from the products sold in the shops than from fuel. By boycotting BP and Esso franchised garages, all you will do is to drive small businesses to the wall.
Old 20-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

I have to agree with Blue. if the small businesses go to the wall we are at the mercy of the big supermarkets as well as the oil companies.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 20-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Chat Pimp

OK let me get this straight

we should all just bend over and let the government and fuel companies
shaft us because there's nothing we can do from our armchairs settees or computer desks

tell you what Grav or any other moderators on-line
can you lock this thread please

no point continuing this one

lets all sit on our hands and look forward to the 10 gallon...............................
Old 20-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

What I was trying to say is there is no easy solutions to ever higher fuel prices. Boycott the oil companies if you wish, but the big supermarkets will just have a lot more leverage to buy their fuel at a cheaper price, especially if the small petrol retailers go bust. There's no guarantee that this will lead to cheaper petrol for us as I reckon Tesco et al will happily take our money and still get their supplies from the very oil companies you wish to boycott.

It's a vicious circle, governments and oil companies across the world are laughing at us cos they have us quite firmly by the balls.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 20-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Fuck me. I remember the outrage of STAKE hitting the 1 a pound.
Still we all kept eating it.
I used to pay 5p a pint for cider and I still drink it.
Petrol 1.30 a litre....? Shit I still got places to go and unfortunately they are in this Country.
Now we got THREE parties to vote for and guess what?
Whatever one gets in they are still gonna hit us at the pumps.
Dont matter what you do. Dont matter what I do. Dont matter what they do.
We always gonna pay it.
Old 21-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav View Post
What I was trying to say is there is no easy solutions to ever higher fuel prices. Boycott the oil companies if you wish, but the big supermarkets will just have a lot more leverage to buy their fuel at a cheaper price, especially if the small petrol retailers go bust. There's no guarantee that this will lead to cheaper petrol for us as I reckon Tesco et al will happily take our money and still get their supplies from the very oil companies you wish to boycott.

It's a vicious circle, governments and oil companies across the world are laughing at us cos they have us quite firmly by the balls.
Quite. The problem lies with primarily with government, not with oil companies. Ponder these questions:

Who supplies the supermarkets?

Whose profit on every one pound spent on fuel is 4p, and who's is 75p?

Which nation has the lowest priced petrol in Europe before tax is applied?

Which government applies VAT after the other duties you already pay on fuel?

And 2Tellys - you asking to have a thread locked just because everyone doesn't agree with you??
Old 21-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Chat Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Quite. The problem lies with primarily with government, not with oil companies. Ponder these questions:

Who supplies the supermarkets?

Whose profit on every one pound spent on fuel is 4p, and who's is 75p?

Which nation has the lowest priced petrol in Europe before tax is applied?

Which government applies VAT after the other duties you already pay on fuel?

And 2Tellys - you asking to have a thread locked just because everyone doesn't agree with you??
NO.....................because everyone has given up without trying to do anything about the problem, my comments are only made to get people thinking about the problem and hopefully come up with their own solutions.
just look at all the negative comments saying there's nothing we can do, the people of this country (not just this forum) have given up that's why I asked for the thread to be locked

I'm not asking people to agree with me just to think for themselves and do something
Old 21-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Nik

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldybongo View Post
Fuck me. I remember the outrage of STAKE hitting the 1 a pound. Still we all kept eating it.
You must have bloody strong teeth ...
Old 21-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tellys View Post
NO.....................because everyone has given up without trying to do anything about the problem, my comments are only made to get people thinking about the problem and hopefully come up with their own solutions.
just look at all the negative comments saying there's nothing we can do, the people of this country (not just this forum) have given up that's why I asked for the thread to be locked

I'm not asking people to agree with me just to think for themselves and do something
we should all be petitioning the government
Old 21-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Nik

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirral chopper View Post
we should all be petitioning the government
Did you miss the 'ironic' smilie off? Do you want me to put it on for you?
Old 21-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastyman View Post
no but if you strain it through cat litter it takes most of the dye out
Fullers Earth will do the trick with red. Also if your in the country, i.e. no gas supply and on oil central heating (check its 22 second I think - double check and do it in the dark) oil mixed with a bit of forecourt will do the trick. Thats what I've heard anyway Take the scouser out of his city but......
Old 23-04-2010, 10:01 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Fact is... Liebour have sent us into so much poverty (before the recession hit!) that no government can afford to cut fuel duty, or road tax or any of the other sneaky taxes, why? Because that is all we have to run the country with.

Brown the Clown, came up with several schemes based on ideas cherry picked from other countries throughout the world (none of which have the same social stucture as ours) and came up with thousands and thousands of low paid work schemes, in a misguided belief that he could get the idle freeloaders off the long term dole queue. The freeloaders that were pointed at these schemes reacted by having all kinds of illnesses that increased thier benefit and decreased thier ability to work, whilst the do-gooders led them back to thier council houses in thier brand new cars.

Meanwhile Josef and his mates from Poland spotted this raft of created jobs in the lower pay band, that pays a shit load more than they can earn at home, so they came over and swept them up - and why the fuck not - Liebour are happy these made up jobs are now filled, so Brown's 'stats' look good, Joe and his mates are earning the same as Polish royalty, and the freeloaders are making more from the dole than the national minimum wage!

So look at the sums - every single penny earned from the national income tax bill goes on the welfare state. So liebour have to make enough money to run the country and come up with new schemes to cover thier constant incompetence somehow, and guess what his prime incomes are for the NHS and the rest of the essential services? Fuel, Booze and fags! How ironic.

The only way to bring fuel tax back into the realms of reality, is to can these fucking stupid schemes that are sending money directly out of th UK, via the foreign workers. And force the logterm (and some of these are generations in depth) back into the workforce. Ultimately lessening the burden on the real working man, many fold.

How will this happen? By having a PM that has the balls to put the needs of the country before his own political (and financial) aspirations.
Will it ever happen? I very much doubt it, the current contenders are all fancy suits, smart haircuts and NO BALLS!
But I believe that if the Brown clown gets in again then, we will definately end up in the third world rankings, with only those in the high end - or the dole being able to afford petrol.

I think if Clegg gets in it will give the other two such a fuck off pill, that come the following election, one of them may actually field someone with real man sized pods! I also believe it will give the whole political scene a much needed wake up call.