100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 25-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Bastids.....

I would love to go there just to cause trouble.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 06-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Chat Pimp

Default 6 months later Who'da thought it ?

http://www.bikernews.net/index.cfm/d...ad/newsid/9512
Old 06-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
I'm in for a tenner!
I'll look after the donations.

Make cheques payable to the lets send grav from England to south australia as soon as possible fund...or CASH for short.

Please enclose and extra tenner handling charge.

John
Old 06-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tellys View Post
Not an unexpected move from the yanks but one that faces many hurdles as I'm pretty certain it breaches several constitutional rights held sacred by Americans since they spat their dummy out in the 1770's...

Seriously though, if it can happen in America, it will happen here.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 07-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Bit different in the states, they have street gangs who are like the mafia who extort and sell drugs, kill rivels, and run prostitutes, and they identify each other by their colours, We don't have much of that here, the odd rivel druggie shooting or stabbing, mostly black on black as far as I can see... Back patch motorcycle clubs for the most part, keep to themselves and have a certain respectability.

Young policemen who take things too seriously can stir themselves up about MCCs but in general they are satisfied if they can fine you...If they banned the back patch they would have less easy targets and therefore less income from fines.

Public opinion in Britain is still on the side of the biker and you can't park a bike anywhere without someone coming up to look at it and make a favourable coment.

John
Old 07-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Any-one fancy starting a club called the Free Mason's MC

That'd confuse them it's not hard
Old 07-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Need to Get out More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
and this was only 20 25yrs ago,a time you could pull up at a beach,set fire to something and get shitfaced and party all night with no helicopters n jonlaw turning up(local plod is all,,,breifly)...
Somewhere since, the matrix reset something n its all gone..i wasnt aware of it for sure,juss woke up n the world had gone mad..
"full of 'smellies' necking newky brown and reeking of dope and patchouli oil."yep n not a kevlar jacket in sight,fullfaces were just openfaces with a bit on t front n resembled buckets..
Wouldnt have missed any of it,the women,the bikes,the multiple types of herb,mushroom wine,go fast,,brilliant time to be alive...

"here here"
Old 07-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Need to Get out More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav View Post
I was doing that in the 90's mate as anyone who attended the Wigan Peer Rallys at Haigh Hall, and several other North West Rallys will attest. Me and my mate Stu along with Paul The Stall from the Woz Wolf grabbed the chance to get away from R&B and Classic Rock, slotting in plenty of Punk, Indie, Grunge, Dance etc to drag the Rally scene kicking and screaming into the new millennium and beyond.

We have developed that formula over the last two decades and it still works. There will always be plenty of new music that folks love to dance to and my own personal music tastes have changed considerably from my younger days when AC/DC and Led Zep were all that mattered to me.

So Ner.

Seriously though, going back to the point of the thread, in order to stay relevant and popular we have to evolve, failure to move forward will inevitably result in decline. Successive governments have gradually made learning to ride as awkward and as difficult as they possibly can.

The way the test was before this latest upgrade was spot on IMHO. A two part test that covered all the bases we would normally encounter on our travels. The car test has not developed in years, in fact the last upgrade was the theory and hazard perception tests that applied to everyone, not just one group of road users. It is my honest and humble belief that driving standards in this country need to be seriously improved. Learner drivers need to be made to understand that driving is not a right, it's a privilege.

I would make all new drivers take a form of CBT just as we have to. I believe that once they pass their test they should be restricted to low powered cars for 2 years just as we have to. I believe that we should have total parity between the bike and car tests to improve driving standards and safety for all roads users.

With equality in the licence regs we would see a rise in folks choosing to ride bikes. Fuel economy, low taxation and the sheer fun of riding will do the rest.
I to was doing that at Rallies since late 90's,went down very well too..Had lots of repeat business too.....
Old 09-02-2010, 06:10 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff View Post
To my mind, way back when, when i chose this path for my life, being a biker was something to aspire to, cos it was cool, the people were cool, the scene was cool, and the whole thing was a little bit, well, scarey. Bikers in town pubs, the ones that'd let 'em in, were kept away from, walked round rather than through, and the proper biker pubs were avoided as dens of iniquity not to be entered.
Me first few rallies in the early 80's left me in awe, there were the rally chaps, beer towels and badges all over 'em, the grubby brit bikers, all rally badges and ripped jeans, and them black and yellow Triumph or Norton little arm rockers, which i wished i was bad ass enough to wear, or the proper scarey chop riders, all oily, tatty, 'orrible axe murderers.
The music never attracted me particularly, i was a dyed in the wool 'heavy rocker', which was prominent to a degree. But the main floor fillers in the rally hut if i remember rightly, was Hi Ho Silver Lining, Spirit In The Sky, and other such nonsense. And the bikers seemed to have their own special dance, a strange cross between a skinhead moonstomp and the can-can. Was all new to me, and god was it great, no 'trendys' came in, they wouldn't have dared, it wasn't the place for 'em at all, full of 'smellies' necking Newky Brown and reeking of dope and patchouli oil.
A young aspiring would-be biker now, having seen a few Sons Of Anarchy episodes, and HA You Tubes, and wanting to be in on it, will be faced with a bunch of fat bearded fucking nancy boys wearing tutus and dresses, or ridiculous hats in the shape of fluffy frogs or bananas or other such shite.
The scene aint cool no more, it seems to be a competition to look as fucking stupid as is humanly possible. I dont feel at home in these places no more, i dont wanna be there. Neither do my two brothers, both dyed in the wool bikers, neither of 'em outlaw bikers. Neither does my nephew, 22yrs old, just hitting the biker scene with his second HD, first Big Twin, 6th bike all in all.
Why dont he wanna be there, as a fledgling up and coming biker he should wanna be there?
"Cos they're full of queers and daft cunts..."
Make of it what you will, that's my take on the biking scene today, as a deliberately self-ostracised ex-rally-going, outlaw club member, and lifetime biker.
Now this I totally agree with and breathe a sigh of relief. Thank fck it's not just me who feels this way.

BUT I do have a theory... Way back when. I got my first bike, just like most lads of my age, because it was the only affordable means of transport and you could have a half decent ride (250cc) at the time, so just about everybody had one. We then split into two discernable groups, some people moved on and ended up getting cars and continuing with thier life down this route.
Others of us remained in this ethos of alternatives - you know, bikes, the biker scene, the self imposed and self regulated hierarchical scheme.

Alas! as has been mentioned already, cars became far more affordable and the bike license has moved futher from grasp. So the younger blokes of today find the expensive option to be the bike - exactly the opposite of xxty years ago. Hence the present day decline.

And as for the silly hat brigade at the rallies, well, remember those who split off and took the mainstream route? Well they thought, in later life, what a blast I had on my bike 'way back when' and so off they go to do thier test and move into the rally scene 20-30 years later. These are also the type that ride with fervous religeon every sunday between May and September (providing it's dry!) and to be honest, don't really give a toss what happens to the biking scene, because to them it's just a part time hobby. They form quite a large percentage of your current 'British Biker'.

The only ones that do get het up and genuinely incensed about such matters, are the likes of the folks on here.

The other thing I think is, that because there is a real diversity of people on bikes, it will be very difficult to get a cohesive effort together. And you would very likely end up with two divided camps, the 'full time biker' - pretty much most people on here, and the weekend warrior hobby rider. What is the answer - I don't honestly know, but it is nothing to do with the music associated with the scene.

We now stick to some of the smaller rallies and the bikes only venues. And of late we have taken to having a wee group, pile away and camp in field, gettin' pissed, talkin' shite, pullin' stupid stunts, then all crowding round a boombox.

Perhaps one answer. More pillion kids at rallies and a prize of a bottle of beer for the person NOT wearing a twat-hat.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Chatter Box

Bike and trike are almost clean, isnt road salt a bitch. Twat Hat out of the cupboard to stop the bald head burning in the sun. Home brew to be started
soon, as looks like ill be skint this year. A few rallys booked and a 10,000+ ride out comming up( the thought last in the que and asphixiation seem to go together). I,m going to make sure life stays a party. If biking dies with our generation then at least we didnt miss it, its our responsibility not to kill it and the young to decide what they do next.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

S'funny when you her what drew people to biking in the first place, im probably different to a lot of people on here ( no shit I haer you say)
I didnt get into bikes to stat with I rode scooter in the early eighties right through to the end of the 80's, liked going away for the weekend with me mates, having a laugh at seaside towns all over the Uk and europe.
Then I got heavily involved with MAG, started going to bike rallies and saw a lot of what I liked, the people ( as a whole) where decent as long as you werent a prick. Was going somewhere ( cant remember where) and my scoot was off the road, so a mate lent me a Z thou ( first bike I ever road) loved it, binned the scoot when I got home and got into bikes.
Everything does seem to have changed a lot over the last few years, as has already been mentioned, I used to fear the proper bikers, always big fukers as a whole, rode custom bikes and didnt take any shit. My local bikers pub was kept away from by most people in the town except for roofers.Sadly its now a trendy boozer full of twats, but then again a lot of bikers have their own places to drink in now.
I can honeslty see why a lot of bikers ( not motorcyclist ) stay away from rallies, there are a good proportion of twats, dressed in dresses, cant hold there drink or worse still a rally club/mcc that think its really funny to treat a prospective member like shit in front of other people, by dressing them up, covering them in shit etc..........do these people think that anyone who might be at their first rally and thinking about doing a few more, maybe joining a club will look on these clowns and think ''Yep that for me''?
Rally virgin bollox is just for bully's to humiliate someone and use their group as an excuse. It aint funny its just fukin pathetic.

Last edited by Simon B; 10-02-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 14-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Chatter Box

Still got my twat hat out and planning to attend a few rallys. In the biker community i have been around, tolerance of others has always been part of the life style. If some want to hang around in skirts thats up to them, the scots have done it for generations. Me i like a rally where you get folk from all sorts of places, where you can make new friends and sit around a camp fire pass a bottle or a coffee and talk shit or serious all night.
The danger is in becoming part of a party club rather than a bike club. Nearly made that mistake. Fortunatley we realised the problem and started making sure we got together for a ride every other weekend, we also help each other do jobs on our bikes, this didnt gurantee a perfect running bike but is a great laugh.
On the point of Rally virgins, its a matter of no one should be forced to go through the treatment, it should be there choice.
Old 23-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Chat Virgin

was chatting to a mate down the pub the other day,about how much the world has changed in the last 20 years,he said im glad i had my fun in the last 50 years cause there wont be much fun in the next.i think he had a point..
Old 23-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by george shuttleworth View Post
was chatting to a mate down the pub the other day,about how much the world has changed in the last 20 years,he said im glad i had my fun in the last 50 years cause there wont be much fun in the next.i think he had a point..
Hello george, welcome to the forum.

Didn't I see you leaning on a lamp post at the bottom of our street?

John
Old 24-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
Hello george, welcome to the forum.

Didn't I see you leaning on a lamp post at the bottom of our street?

John
thanks for the welcome.its very possible was i playing my ukulele