100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 20-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Chat Virgin

Exclamation Apologies for being an ignorant git!

I'm an ignorant slob but I got an excuse (Banged me head).
I joined the forum when I bought the FZ6, lovely bike. I also splashed out and went a bit mental. Bought a Yam' 900, an Enfield 500, a Honda XBR 500 Thumper and a GSX750 se Suzuki!
Realised that things had gone seriously srong when I spoke to my doctor and he said he was "Wary of renewing my licence"! This worried me so I started to lose stuff, helped pay a few debts at least.
Now the only things I have left are the XBR 500, it's a twin port, single Cylinder "Thumper" from '89 and I love it, and the Honda 125 that I posted about in the Swaps board.
The reason I say I am ignorant is that, through all of my worries about stuff, I haven't used either bike for a month or two and haven't made more than 1 or 2 posts on any forums I use. I apologise for the rudeness and will try and get my act together a bit and post more.
I am now going to take my Cojones and get out for a ride for an hour or two to try and get the feeling back, speak soon!
Old 20-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbad View Post
I'm an ignorant slob but I got an excuse (Banged me head).
I joined the forum when I bought the FZ6, lovely bike. I also splashed out and went a bit mental. Bought a Yam' 900, an Enfield 500, a Honda XBR 500 Thumper and a GSX750 se Suzuki!
Realised that things had gone seriously srong when I spoke to my doctor and he said he was "Wary of renewing my licence"! This worried me so I started to lose stuff, helped pay a few debts at least.
Now the only things I have left are the XBR 500, it's a twin port, single Cylinder "Thumper" from '89 and I love it, and the Honda 125 that I posted about in the Swaps board.
The reason I say I am ignorant is that, through all of my worries about stuff, I haven't used either bike for a month or two and haven't made more than 1 or 2 posts on any forums I use. I apologise for the rudeness and will try and get my act together a bit and post more.
I am now going to take my Cojones and get out for a ride for an hour or two to try and get the feeling back, speak soon!

Don't apologise for lack of posts on here! get yerself sorted out, and ride when you feel up to it!

all the best
Old 20-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Qualified Sniggerer (MDLCSS)

As V8 says dont apologize ....life happens.
Hope things sort themselves out and you enjoy the bikes you have.......and post when you fancy.
Old 21-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Chat Virgin

Thanks people. Only got the XBR500 Thumper left now but it's an 80's bike and smaller/lighter than other stuff. Had a ride yesterday to shake it down a bit and discovered that the M.O.T. runs out today so I'll be out for a pootle while I can. Book it for the test next week and hope the twin Dunstall type exhausts aren't too loud for mister tester
I quite like tyhe idea of doing an old style Cafe Racer on it with it being a twin port single it could look pretty good?

Last edited by Dogbad; 21-02-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: typo
Old 21-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

They make very good Cafe Racers cos that's where the inspiration originally came from when our Japanese chums designed it.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 21-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Chat Slut

Honda GB500.
I wanted to do this to my XBR500, but never got around to it. So I sold it.
Still love the look though.
Attached Images

Old 22-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Nik

No need to apologise, mare, none at all.