100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Trike Magazine

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 16-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Deathnix Deathnix is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Devon
Posts: 10
Send a message via MSN to Deathnix
Default

Hi maggot, glad to not be the only newbe to the site here now, heeh.
Much respect to your wife

I know I really should move this topic to the Trike section, but as I started here now, might as well continue

I got another Q to all ya helpful folk out there (And i really have appreciate all the positive feed back I have had so far )
But shaggy696969 said I should be looking at around 5k for the type of Trike am after, that gonna be a very long way away for me :-p
What is the cheapest way to get into Trikes?
Is there any where that does second hand trikes?

On a side note, has any one ever visited the B mad event that is held in the summer in Torbay?
Great fun
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 16-12-2008, 09:06 AM
The Beer Monsters's Avatar
The Beer Monsters The Beer Monsters is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathnix View Post
I know I really should move this topic to the Trike section, but as I started here now, might as well continue
I've moved it for you, with a temporary redirect from the original area.
__________________
And when I run out of drugs, I'm going to start using explosives (A J Stiles on The Register)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 16-12-2008, 09:22 AM
baldybongo baldybongo is offline
Been out, but rather stay in!
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,371
Default

Does that mean we cant post here anymore?











Obviously not...:-)


Now I`m confused.............

Last edited by baldybongo; 16-12-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 16-12-2008, 09:47 AM
mousie mousie is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: west wales
Posts: 14
Thumbs down

basicaily deathnix if anyone gives you any crap on here about your posts ,just tell them to go and fuck them selfs ,coz most of them dont know what they are talking about anyway ,this site is surpost to be nautrel,but as i have found out over the months of joining it ,it is not ,so as i said tell them to fuck them selfs ,i bet i get posts back about my spelling now for the next 6 months ,come on everyone have a go at me now instead of a youngster new to the site you big hairy bikers you
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 16-12-2008, 10:11 AM
The Beer Monsters's Avatar
The Beer Monsters The Beer Monsters is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldybongo View Post
Does that mean we cant post here anymore?

Obviously not...:-)

Now I`m confused.............
Posting to the thread from over there moves it to here.

<mode=Paul Daniels>
And that's magic!
</mode>
__________________
And when I run out of drugs, I'm going to start using explosives (A J Stiles on The Register)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 16-12-2008, 12:36 PM
John Hopkins's Avatar
John Hopkins John Hopkins is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tredegar, South Wales
Posts: 16,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beer Monsters View Post
Posting to the thread from over there moves it to here.

<mode=Paul Daniels>
And that's magic!
</mode>
smartarze...John
__________________
Beauty is skin deep; ugly goes right to the bone
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 16-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Titus's Avatar
Titus Titus is offline
Chatter Box
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bristol
Posts: 291
Default

Hi Deathnix,

You need a B1 category on your license, you use to be able to get it with a bike license but they have stopped doing it now, you also need to check with your car license if it will have it.

Hope that helps, best bet is the DVLA Welcoming to triking
__________________
Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 16-12-2008, 06:20 PM
maggot maggot is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathnix View Post
Hi maggot, glad to not be the only newbe to the site here now, heeh.
Much respect to your wife

I know I really should move this topic to the Trike section, but as I started here now, might as well continue

I got another Q to all ya helpful folk out there (And i really have appreciate all the positive feed back I have had so far )
But shaggy696969 said I should be looking at around 5k for the type of Trike am after, that gonna be a very long way away for me :-p
What is the cheapest way to get into Trikes?
Is there any where that does second hand trikes?

On a side note, has any one ever visited the B mad event that is held in the summer in Torbay?
Great fun
Hi, Get yourself onto Ebay and just wait for one to pop up locally to you. Thats where I got mine, Needs a bit of pulling together but thats half the fun to make it your own. All there running, an resgistered as a trike on the logbook.And all for 480 can't Go wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 16-12-2008, 11:01 PM
northernpesant's Avatar
northernpesant northernpesant is offline
Chatter Box
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bromsgrove
Posts: 269
Default

TRIKE
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 17-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Deathnix Deathnix is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Devon
Posts: 10
Send a message via MSN to Deathnix
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
Hi, Get yourself onto Ebay and just wait for one to pop up locally to you. Thats where I got mine, Needs a bit of pulling together but thats half the fun to make it your own. All there running, an resgistered as a trike on the logbook.And all for 480 can't Go wrong.

Ohh, Ebay, never thought of there, thanks mate!
I got a slightly Ebay phobia thou (Dont ask XD ) But my girl friend loves it, so will have to get her to do the dirty work for me, lol.

Also, cheers Titus ^^ A B1 category license =)
At least I know what to aim for now!

I have only ever rode a bike once, and never rode a trike yet, and rode a car a few times, but to me, a trike looks like it gonna control alot more like a bike then a car! lol.

Silly car license allocating people!

Thanks for the support mousie =D
Might not exactly say fuck off XD
Bet get the idea!
Also, lol at the big hairy bikers part
I will get there on day I hope

[EDIT] Also a quick cheers to Admin Beer monster for performing his "Paul Daniels"
Shame it wasnt Jack tho! =D

Last edited by Deathnix; 17-12-2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Forgot something :-p
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 17-12-2008, 12:51 PM
joebaddy joebaddy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousie View Post
basicaily deathnix if anyone gives you any crap on here about your posts ,just tell them to go and fuck them selfs ,coz most of them dont know what they are talking about anyway ,this site is surpost to be nautrel,but as i have found out over the months of joining it ,it is not ,so as i said tell them to fuck them selfs ,i bet i get posts back about my spelling now for the next 6 months ,come on everyone have a go at me now instead of a youngster new to the site you big hairy bikers you
NO cos your right - most just spout horse shit though there are anumber of knowledgeable people if you need help or advice. sadly though, you will also be bombarded with the wittering from some supercillious keyboard warriors who got nowt better to do than look for threads/posts they can cause the most offence on.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 17-12-2008, 04:54 PM
v8_trike's Avatar
v8_trike v8_trike is offline
Been out, but rather stay in!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North Lincs
Posts: 1,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathnix View Post
I have only ever rode a bike once, and never rode a trike yet, and rode a car a few times, but to me, a trike looks like it gonna control alot more like a bike then a car! lol.
Trikes control like trikes! don't expect to corner like a bike, or you will surprise yourself
__________________
Too many projects, not enough time (or )
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 17-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Deathnix Deathnix is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Devon
Posts: 10
Send a message via MSN to Deathnix
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8_trike View Post
Trikes control like trikes! don't expect to corner like a bike, or you will surprise yourself
Heeh, I was just summing up tho, it silly you need a car license to ride a trike.
Why can't there be a trike license?
Dont like cars one bit, and dislike the fact I have to learn to drive one, to drive a trike.
Would be much happyer learning to drike a bike, to ride a trike.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 17-12-2008, 07:35 PM
matthewmosse matthewmosse is offline
It's about time I shut the fuck up!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 1,572
Default

It is possible to ride a single seat trike on 'L' plates using the provisional car entitlement I belive though you might have a job insuring under this loophole.
__________________
Owner of Fnaarrrrr........ (TM)
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 17-12-2008, 08:39 PM
shaggy696969's Avatar
shaggy696969 shaggy696969 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmosse View Post
It is possible to ride a single seat trike on 'L' plates using the provisional car entitlement I belive though you might have a job insuring under this loophole.
Id check that, I know they allowed B1 entitlement on grandfather rights to existing riders but I think they plugged the hole.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 17-12-2008, 08:47 PM
joebaddy joebaddy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 290
Default

my only experience of trikes is having a go on a mates v max trike couple years ago at autumn nabd. I nearly shat meself. was a scarey experience cos as i was sat on it like a bike, me brain expected it to ride like a bike..........an of course it didnt.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 17-12-2008, 10:14 PM
eigerton eigerton is offline
Complete and utter git
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,406
Default

never ridden a trike, used to do a lot of sidecarring - how do you corner a trike then ?
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 17-12-2008, 11:19 PM
northernpesant's Avatar
northernpesant northernpesant is offline
Chatter Box
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bromsgrove
Posts: 269
Default

Like most vehicles you get your entrance speed lower than you think it will go round, add a bit of power to balance the trike then open up slow as your coming out.
The problem comes when someone in front brakes into or midway through the bend.
the big rule though is dont carry on following your mate on the bike when he filters.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 17-12-2008, 11:38 PM
joebaddy joebaddy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eigerton View Post
never ridden a trike, used to do a lot of sidecarring - how do you corner a trike then ?
fecked if i know. thought it was gonna tip over. thats when i nearly shat meself,cos me and it would have rolled down the bank.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 18-12-2008, 01:12 AM
cyclops12's Avatar
cyclops12 cyclops12 is offline
Chat Slapper
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy696969 View Post
Id check that, I know they allowed B1 entitlement on grandfather rights to existing riders but I think they plugged the hole.

https://www.askthe.police.uk/Content/Q504.htm
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 18-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Deathnix Deathnix is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Devon
Posts: 10
Send a message via MSN to Deathnix
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops12 View Post
Checked that site out, good info ^^
But....

Crash helmets
Riders/drivers of three wheeled vehicles with an unladen weight not exceeding 550kg, generally, will not require a helmet providing the distance between the centre of contact of the rear wheels is more than 460mm. Riders/drivers of three wheeled vehicles with an unladen weight exceeding 550kg will not require a helmet. It must be noted that even if a helmet is not a legal requirement, it is still advisable that one should be worn.

How retarded, never realised this.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 18-12-2008, 12:44 PM
wurzel wurzel is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,007
Default

Basically it just means if ou have one of those little mopeds with 2 back wheels then you need a lid but if the rear "axle" is more than 18'' long you don't
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 18-12-2008, 03:03 PM
John Hopkins's Avatar
John Hopkins John Hopkins is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tredegar, South Wales
Posts: 16,062
Default

Ok so what about a reverse trike with the two wheels at the front?...John
__________________
Beauty is skin deep; ugly goes right to the bone
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 18-12-2008, 03:33 PM
shaggy696969's Avatar
shaggy696969 shaggy696969 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
Ok so what about a reverse trike with the two wheels at the front?...John
Exactlcy same rules apply.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 18-12-2008, 09:10 PM
TheTramp's Avatar
TheTramp TheTramp is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernpesant View Post
Like most vehicles you get your entrance speed lower than you think it will go round, add a bit of power to balance the trike then open up slow as your coming out.
The problem comes when someone in front brakes into or midway through the bend.
the big rule though is dont carry on following your mate on the bike when he filters.
That's pretty good instruction, nice & simple, depends on the type of trike, I ride Harley trike with stiff suspension/solid axle, not a lot of body lean and that allows for fast corners. Gotta shift weight to inside, if someone in front slows, can feather rear brake and not upset yerself. I love riding on a decent road with twisties and proper banking... that's some fun stuff and 2 wheelers (heavy cruisers) won't get away much...
__________________
TheTramp@TrikeTramp.com
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 21-12-2008, 04:16 AM
TheTramp's Avatar
TheTramp TheTramp is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 17
Default

I'm rollin' through here wonderin' what happened to the trike threads? Even Trike riders need conversation i think...
__________________
TheTramp@TrikeTramp.com
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 21-12-2008, 11:44 AM
droid's Avatar
droid droid is offline
Been out, but rather stay in!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tamworth
Posts: 1,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernpesant View Post
Like most vehicles you get your entrance speed lower than you think it will go round, add a bit of power to balance the trike then open up slow as your coming out.
The problem comes when someone in front brakes into or midway through the bend.
the big rule though is dont carry on following your mate on the bike when he filters.
And don't forget to brace on the outside peg when cornering.

I didn't on a roundabout once, and nearly ran meself over with my own trike.

Now that WOULD have elicited some pisstaking....
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 28-12-2008, 07:14 PM
LaughingGravy LaughingGravy is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7
Default

Not read the thread completely but concerning the licence needed to ride a trike..

If you have category B then you can ride a Trike. if you have Category B but passed in an automatic car then you can ride a manual trike as a provisional using L plates, if you take a passenger then they must also have a licence qualifying them to ride trikes.

If as I said above if you passed in an automatic car and you wish to ride your trike without L plates then you can take a test on it, you will not have to do a CBT, neither the theory test or the road awareness test.

If you find yourself as a provisional then contact bikesure for insurance


Trike is B1, though the DVLA no longer issue B1 (as a trike now comes under B) they will issue B1 onto a licence if special circumstances dictate it (disability etc)

You can only ride a trike on a motorcycle licence if you passed your test before the year 2000 (I think) after that then you would need to take either a car or trike test seperately.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Beano's Avatar
Beano Beano is offline
Qualified Sniggerer (MDLCSS)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blowing stuff up in a field..
Posts: 1,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzukiron View Post
Dunno about anyone else but summat just smells fishy about "Deathnix", especially the utter kack spouted about Trikes being more customisable??
Sheesh... ok i will bite..................

I guess he/she cannae balance on 2 wheels or is to lazy to actually sit a Motorcycle Test n get a bike licence....just anither wannabe, looking fer an easy way into the lifestyle alot of us hold very dear and close to our heart...

As a wise person once said...Just cos you buy a crown, it disnae make you a king!

Later
Ron
Hi Ron.
I have a taken a bike test 26 years ago...I am now dissabled and the only way to have the feeling of being on a bike for me is by using a trike.
I am sorry you are so angry and feel the way you do, but...its not sport..its not funny...and its not clever to try and upset folk who are enjoying themselves.
Kathy x
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.