100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 01-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Chatter Box

All over, north and south.
Back and forth between Auckland (Mum) and Timaru (dad).
So obviously, a lot of countryside down Timaru way, LOL, although I spent a lot of time taking my mum's car out of Auckland, up North.

I'm starting to prefer the countryside to the city, strangely enough, which is a fairly world-shattering discovery in the land of hellkat. Thinking of buying a place out in the country, dunno what island, anywhere would be good, so long as its by the sea.

I saw one of those harriers once, as well, out in the McKenzie country, when I was there YEARS ago ... but it was squashed as well, and right beside a (more squashed) possum. Musta pootled on down to check out the possum ... and been so greedy and chocka full of possum guts, that it coudnt get out the way in time and got hit itself
Old 01-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Damn good Mexican restaurant in Timaru called South of the Border,close to the campsite,closer to the pub!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:23 PM

In the last 45 years I have been stopped loads of times on the bike and caught on one speed camera, but never got a fine or points. The car is a different story not having a clean licence for many years, speeding, jumping red lights etc. Last one about three years ago from a speed camera in Rushden..... Barstewards.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Beefy Pickle doesn't bat for the other side (as far as we know)

Send a message via MSN to kitkatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue38 View Post
Is pics you with said Plod? How or who got the pics?
think you will find Taff aint a prospect any more.........

not been pulled yet ( bet it happens today now.....)

.....THEN I REALISED IT SAID THICK CUT

QUALIFIED MEMBER OF THE MOBILE DRUNKEN DISPLAY TEAM....

Old 09-08-2008, 11:53 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

When I had my 50cc ped got pulled 6 times in 6 months 'We get a lot of these stolen see' said one of the coppers, Ok see where he's comming from appart from the total lack of 20 year old peds in the area at the time
they hated that ped, tried to book me once 12 hores after mot 'because the lights wernt bright enough' Got into court saw the charge sheet which said contravention of lighting regs 1985 and pointed out it was a '81 ped, they dropped it fast. Appaet from that, only once on my (T)rusty cb500/4 when I 'rammed' an 05 jag on way home from Builth show. Just got a producer but the cop nearly ticked the box on her form as no tax and mot cos she assumed my bike was old enough to be exempt Supprising that outfit don't get stopped more often as it's genrally sporting loud pipes, often spits fire from the pipes and when I'm off the bike I still often get Id'd for booze and recently for superglue
Old 09-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Chat Slut

Stopped a few times, but last was outside my house, had my 12yr old on the back, he pointed out that he was too young to be on the back!!! I asked him what he meant as a) his helmet gloves and boots all fitted correctly, and b) his feet were on the footpegs. His response... "soon they will be making it 16yrs old to deter "joyriders"!! and as a rider himself there is no way that he would take his son on the back". He was not overly amused when I pointed out that the law doesn't yet stop me from takiing a young pillion and then suggested that not only was I possibly a better rider than him, but also a better driver than him, as he had stopped me on a junction, and had left his engine running and door open (blocking the junction completely)whilst talking to me. I then invited him to give me the reason that he had stopped me and asked him to do it "under caution", when he asked why, I told him that he would find out in the sherrifs court. He muttered something like "take this as advise for the future if they change the law", got back in his panda car, and looked VERY p1553d off when I later overtook him!!!!

By the way YES they are thinking about changing the law!!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to devon-tony

I get pulled a fair bit both in car and on the bike, but used to it, mainly I suppose due to my work and the results of PNC check that I assume they do as they pull you

now registered one of my bikes in fathers name, dont get pulled on that one
Old 09-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Chatter Box

I been randomly pulled maybe a a half dozen times but not for anything serious....loud pipes....looking behind me!!!...apparently I looked suspicious! riding thorugh the middle of slow moving traffic.... and a group of us who fillled the road!!! this was all in late 70's early 80's since then nothing.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:48 PM

Matthewmosse, should have asked him how he thought changing the age limit would discourage "Joyriders" when most of them are riding illegally anyway? The law has no bloody idea! String them up by their testicles may go some way to discouraging the scrotes!!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Banned

i never get pulled on the chop, unless its for a chit chat about the bikes looks and comfort.
interestingl though. i found out the other day that our local comunity copper got a reading of 47mph. she was showing the local scouts how the speed gun works and other safety issues. i dont know if the gun was set up to work accuratly though because i was doing less then 30 like i always do through our village (it makes a lot of noise in 1st).
personaly i think the police down here just see me and bike as to much paper work
Old 10-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatman View Post
not been pulled yet ( bet it happens today now.....)

Ditto.

Not for a couple of years anyway.
last time was for 110 down the Tamworth bypass (allegedy). Got let off that one. Copper claimed he was 'on holiday tomorrow' but in reality it was because he was in an area car and didn't have a calibrated speedo.....