100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 30-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty
Strictly speaking, if the tester thinks it's "significantly louder" than standard then it's a fail - that's all the law says as far as I know (there may be testers on here who can correct me if I'm wrong).

However, my Harley's pretty loud (Screamin' Eagle slashcuts) and I never have a problem - it's flown through 6 MoT tests since I've had it. Try and find out (if you don't already know) where most Harley owners round your way go - as you know there's hardly one out there with standard pipes on.

Excuse me Sir, the only Harley owners round here are in the local Hog group and as I've said in another thread, they are a bit snooty. when their bikes need an MOT, they go trade them in with 250 miles on the clock

However, I have a cunning plan. I can take it to a lad who I've known since he was at school and if he fails it, I'll just give him a slap - that should sort it
Old 30-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryB
Excuse me Sir, the only Harley owners round here are in the local Hog group and as I've said in another thread, they are a bit snooty. when their bikes need an MOT, they go trade them in with 250 miles on the clock
Do you know where the Harley stealership get used bikes MoT'd? Might be worth finding out, that's what I did and like I said, no problemo. Nice to be called "Sir" though

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryB
However, I have a cunning plan. I can take it to a lad who I've known since he was at school and if he fails it, I'll just give him a slap - that should sort it
That option sounds more fun, I must admit.
Old 30-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Banned

Had a great day today. fantastic ride out and no knob heads whatsoever. Rode the Trumpet out then ended up at Stratford and there were loads bikers there.

Hub had the electric carving kinfe on Trumpet seat and I can now touch the floor better. superb job. He one of these clever sorts who can do anything, very irritating sometimes, but very handy too
Old 30-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Glad yer enjoyin' the new bike. I'd have gone out for a ride today but me old Mum was coming round for lunch so we couldn't. Might be off out somewhere tomorrow though.
Old 31-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

I have half a standard exhaust on my sv...my ex fitted a small plate to the exhaust with the correct BS number (pot rivetted on) and it has been through three MOT's at three different places and passed without comment!!!
Old 31-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanger
I have half a standard exhaust on my sv...my ex fitted a small plate to the exhaust with the correct BS number (pot rivetted on) and it has been through three MOT's at three different places and passed without comment!!!
SShhhh.... John