100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-11-2007, 01:23 PM
clanger's Avatar
clanger clanger is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Southcoast
Posts: 1,112
Default weird people online

I have a myspace thing, it's mainly to keep in touch with mates who live further away, and get updates from bands/DJ's and the like. Anyway, from time to time I get people asking me to add them as friends...so I always write and ask why they want me to do that. I'm not one of these people that will just add any person...

Anyway, the other day this fella in Portsmouth clicked on the 'add me' link...I thought okay, he's local and could be potentially interesting to chat to regarding that he rides a bike and is a tattooist... but he totally took my email the wrong way...wrote back calling me hostile, a xenophobe, crass, childish, judgemental of him...and all sorts of crap!!!! What?

Why do people react so violently to a simple question of why do you want to be my friend? Is it a crime to want to know who you are talking to...who is checking you out...apparently so!

There are some right weirdo's out there, the net is crawling with them...
...be careful peeps
__________________
I dont suffer insanity...I enjoy it!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-11-2007, 01:35 PM
kitkatman's Avatar
kitkatman kitkatman is offline
Beefy Pickle doesn't bat for the other side (as far as we know)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: the garage ( i fuckin wish )
Posts: 14,913
Send a message via MSN to kitkatman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanger
I have a myspace thing, it's mainly to keep in touch with mates who live further away, and get updates from bands/DJ's and the like. Anyway, from time to time I get people asking me to add them as friends...so I always write and ask why they want me to do that. I'm not one of these people that will just add any person...

Anyway, the other day this fella in Portsmouth clicked on the 'add me' link...I thought okay, he's local and could be potentially interesting to chat to regarding that he rides a bike and is a tattooist... but he totally took my email the wrong way...wrote back calling me hostile, a xenophobe, crass, childish, judgemental of him...and all sorts of crap!!!! What?

Why do people react so violently to a simple question of why do you want to be my friend? Is it a crime to want to know who you are talking to...who is checking you out...apparently so!

There are some right weirdo's out there, the net is crawling with them...
...be careful peeps


thats why i only talk to you weirdos , as i have met most of you and i can see a person who i have spoke to in real time and not online
__________________
I THOUGHT I SAW YOU NAME ON A LOAF OF BREAD.......

.....THEN I REALISED IT SAID THICK CUT




QUALIFIED MEMBER OF THE MOBILE DRUNKEN DISPLAY TEAM....


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2007, 01:50 PM
John Hopkins's Avatar
John Hopkins John Hopkins is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tredegar, South Wales
Posts: 16,062
Default

Please put me down for one....I am available fridays at 12 o'clock... John
__________________
Beauty is skin deep; ugly goes right to the bone
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-11-2007, 02:25 PM
hellkat's Avatar
hellkat hellkat is offline
Chatter Box
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Here.
Posts: 437
Default

Weird?
Who's weird?

*wanders off, in a flurry of cat fur, to water the grass seed in the carpet and see whether the easter eggs on the mooseheads have hatched yet*
__________________
Eh?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Grav's Avatar
Grav Grav is offline
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: in a house and a tent at weekends
Posts: 19,061
Default

Wibble!

__________________
Dark Lord Of Custard

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-11-2007, 02:34 PM
hellkat's Avatar
hellkat hellkat is offline
Chatter Box
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Here.
Posts: 437
Default

Now Grav, see ... he's PROPER weird.
__________________
Eh?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-11-2007, 03:16 PM
willie2006's Avatar
willie2006 willie2006 is offline
Been out, but rather stay in!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in the city of learning
Posts: 1,452
Default

care in the comunity. thats probably were these nutters come from
__________________
Make me smile. Slap a bike thief
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Bosun's Avatar
Bosun Bosun is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: surrey but wanna be in devon
Posts: 22,404
Default

i dont have myspace or facebook , tried, didnt suit
think people just expect too be added withouyt courtesy of an introduction
its courteous to ask nicely
__________________
Warning: Dates in your calendar are closer than they appear!

Bosunsbikes.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-11-2007, 04:26 PM
philtrixxxter philtrixxxter is offline
Chat Slut
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 100
Default

ive ended up joining all those things mainly when drunk somebody manages to talk me into it, (women can talk me into lots of things when drunk) main ones that want to add me are people i went to school with that i cant care less if i see or not, but i have also got in touch with a few friends who moved away that i hadnt heard from for ages
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Kylie's Avatar
Kylie Kylie is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Morley (50 yrs behind the times)
Posts: 7,425
Send a message via MSN to Kylie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayji
i dont have myspace or facebook , tried, didnt suit
think people just expect too be added withouyt courtesy of an introduction
its courteous to ask nicely
I don't just add people, but although i attract all sorts of wierdo's in the real world i seem to be avoiding them fairly well online
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Bosun's Avatar
Bosun Bosun is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: surrey but wanna be in devon
Posts: 22,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie
I don't just add people, but although i attract all sorts of wino's in the real world i seem to be avoiding them fairly well online
no railwaty arches online
__________________
Warning: Dates in your calendar are closer than they appear!

Bosunsbikes.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.