100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 02-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default Dealer servicing

Took mi Dragstar to the dealer to get its third service.

A week later I took it back with an oil leak, they had a look tightened something with very very slight weaping (scratching mi chrome). Said it was fine...

A week later I take it back with, the dripping oil has got worse... Bring it back Thursday!

Got home, thought sod it I'll look miself... The plastic (Plastic!!!! ) neutral switch cover on the gearbox is broken (not cracked, broken!!! )....

Now why didn't they pick this up during my service? what happened to making sure the customer actualy rode away with things highlighted and fixed...

"oh it was noted that it was slightly damp on the engine casing!" So why didn't you drum up some business and ask me if I would like it fixing????

I'll source a new part and do it mi bloody self!!!
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 02-10-2007, 06:47 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

They probably had some work experience kid doing the original service on it and he fucked up, and they were hoping you wouldn't notice...

http://atmviheo.blogspot.com/
Old 02-10-2007, 07:00 PM

Do I smell a warranty claim in the air?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Banned

Glad it aint just H-D that do that kind of thing. When I had my bike - Brand New - it was delivered to me with a dent in fender. I told them I wanted a new one and they said I couldnt have one, they would get it fixed. I said I dont feckin want it 'fixed' its brand new and I want a new fender. They said, ' well you a good deal so you got to expect it aint perfect'

I said well it wasnt fecking dented when I bought it so you must have done it and I want a new fender. Took loads of letters and eventually involving MD of H-d to get new one.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty
Do I smell a warranty claim in the air?
Just out of warranty

Easy to fix, but the cost of the part may become a problem...
------------------------
Old 03-10-2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothtec
Just out of warranty

Easy to fix, but the cost of the part may become a problem...
Bugger. I'd get a decent local mechanic to do it rather than the main dealer if possible. Be a bit cheaper that way.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:40 AM

Default Service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothtec
Took mi Dragstar to the dealer to get its third service.

A week later I took it back with an oil leak, they had a look tightened something with very very slight weaping (scratching mi chrome). Said it was fine...

A week later I take it back with, the dripping oil has got worse... Bring it back Thursday!

Got home, thought sod it I'll look miself... The plastic (Plastic!!!! ) neutral switch cover on the gearbox is broken (not cracked, broken!!! )....

Now why didn't they pick this up during my service? what happened to making sure the customer actualy rode away with things highlighted and fixed...

"oh it was noted that it was slightly damp on the engine casing!" So why didn't you drum up some business and ask me if I would like it fixing????

I'll source a new part and do it mi bloody self!!!

A lot of the big dealers are just not interested in the little guy in the street. To them you are not even registering as a customer because you are not spending shedloads of money on finance. They tend to forget the most important part of any business, THE CUSTOMER! They are supposed to be the professionals.

Go back and tell them you want a brand new genuine part. Stand your ground and make a scene if they refuse. Don't get abusive or punch anybody, just state your case firmly and politely. Give them the chance to back down and make good. Tell them that you willl go to the Trading Standards. Your trump card is writing to Yamaha UK. The big japanese manufacturers do not like things like this and will often tell the dealer to get the problem sorted.

If I treated my customers like that, I soon wouldn't have any.

Chopper.

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:56 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Thumbs up Fts

Do THEM

The City of Lincoln is home to 84000 people - a centre for business, shopping, ... To go direct to the County's Trading Standards Section, click here. ...
http://www.lincoln.gov.uk/A_-_Z_det....id=722&id=4240 - 46k

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/

drew
Old 04-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Need to Get out More!

Taking a slightly different viewpoint to this as my OH works for a dealership (workshop manager) and sees similar things all the time.

What exactly do you expect from a service? Do you think that your bike is going to get a thorough going-over to check for any little problems it may have? It won't. A service is a fairly tightly-contolled list of checking and/or replacing specific worn parts at times when the manufacturer expects them to need it, no more no less. If you want your bike to be given the equivalent of a medical, then book it in for that not for a service. If it's making a noise, or leaking oil, or not running right, don't expect your dealer to pick up on that. If you tell them they will probably investigate for you but that is all, and if they find something unless it is covered by the warranty on a new bike expect to pay for it to be fixed as an extra.

Of course if you have reason to believe that the dealer may have broken the cover then by all means go ahead and sue the arses off them.........
Old 06-10-2007, 07:20 AM

Customer service is customer service I have enough experience of being the wrong end of a slightly mythed customer to know bad service when I see it...

When I used to take my car into a garage, when I had one, they used to point out any problem that may pop up in the next few weeks... leaking oil would equal job to be done and money in the till...

Were they waiting for the engine to go pop, run dry etc...etc... bigger job... more cash????

Apparently there has been a spate of these things cracking, so there seems to be an issue... Order the part (10) I'll argue the price when I pick it up.
------------------------
Old 06-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Need to Get out More!

Actually, re-reading your post I take most of that back in your particular case.

You took the bike back a week after the service to have the oil leak looked at, and it appeared whatever they did made it worse not better? To the point where they didn't notice the broken cover, didn't do anything about it or possibly broke it themselves?

Pah, I see why you are so angry. Sorry for not reading properly the first time.