100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 08-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to devon-tony

can totally relate to your original question, was a guy in my town that would tell all and sundry that he was HA, said he had a membership card, but he couldnt show you it, had a tattoo but he couldnt show me that either. total knob to be honest and always thgouht he was full of ****, but you just cant be sure, Im not originally from this area so dont know the locals etc, maybe he was also from another area etc, then a guy at work mentioned that he knew him and that he had lived here for his whole life and never been involved in club as far as he was aware

so easy way to tell, me a little worse for wear one night, winding him up, chatting about HA memebrs that I knew back in essex, incidently they were all made up names LOL, and he knows them, yeah they his drinking buddies, then told him it was all crap and he was full of it, end result pint over his lap and punch on the nose, he ran out of the pub!!

point proven LOL, doubt I would be here if he had been genuine club

have to agree though that in all the years I been doing the bulldog etc, never yet met a member that was rude or in any way nasty, only time I ever felt a bit uneasy was around a couple of well pissed up prospects.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Also there are people who are not members but who are associated with patch clubs, e.g. hangarounds and support clubs, who are eyes and ears when out and about.

When I was with the Celtic Warriors, we went to a local pub (that we hadn't been to before) for a gig, which, as far as we knew, was neutral ground; within the hour a local Club member was in the pub, having been phoned by someone also in the pub who had clocked the patches but didn't know who we were.

Moral: Fakes get spotted very quickly.

Firedance Roadshow - www.firedance.biz
Old 08-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
there is no age limit to joining the Hells angels, and if you are single and can afford the time, it could turn out to be the best thing you have ever done...
Or worst, if you are joining for the wrong reasons, or sadly, if you find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Beefy Pickle doesn't bat for the other side (as far as we know)

Send a message via MSN to kitkatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TektroG
or sadly, if you find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time.
that, i'm afraid, can happen in any walk of life, people have their reasons for joining and leaving......

.....THEN I REALISED IT SAID THICK CUT

QUALIFIED MEMBER OF THE MOBILE DRUNKEN DISPLAY TEAM....

Old 08-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon-tony
said he had a membership card, but he couldnt show you it
so easy way to tell, me a little worse for wear one night, winding him up, chatting about HA memebrs that I knew back in essex, incidently they were all made up names LOL, and he knows them, yeah they his drinking buddies, then told him it was all crap and he was full of it, end result pint over his lap and punch on the nose, he ran out of the pub!!
Wouldn't show you my 'membership card' either.

That's an excellent way to suss a phoney. Or just ask too many questions, about another member or particular patches you've seen on the net club sites.
Or tell him you've been asked to join a few times, wouldn't even have to prospect, but don't like all the rules, being told where to be and what to do blah FÚCKING BLAH, an old favorite of bullshítters, should only be one of you standing by the end of the conversation. Then you'll both know who's lying.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:24 PM

like has been said, you can tell a true member, well certainly with the HA, if their wearing colours or not. The wife spotted one of the lv lads and said it straight away, the way he held himself. As the same member told me once, where ever he is, what ever his doing, he is a Angel, 24/7. It ain't no weekend thing, it's what he is. I feel it's that, along with other things of course, such as true brotherhood, not the fake weekend bikers calling each other 'bro' that has kept the club together all these years.

Now I'll be called a arselicker no doubt
Old 08-09-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
he is a Angel, 24/7. It ain't no weekend thing, it's what he is. I feel it's that, along with other things of course, such as true brotherhood, not the fake weekend bikers calling each other 'bro' that has kept the club together all these years.
Well i agree with you,i have always tried to be the type that would help a mate whenever and however and stand shoulder to shoulder if the **** hits the fan.
My club and its members were always like that.
Now i know there are 3 members that i would and could trust.
Others, who just over the last few years have got a bike,tatts and an attitude i might just think twice.
If being an Angel or any patch club member gives you that kind of club and member then i can understand why they are proud of it.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:29 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

So what happens when you get really old then, and il health means you can't ride the distances any more? Do you stay in if you have been a member of good standing for many years, or do you hand in your patches and call it a day?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TektroG
So what happens when you get really old then, and il health means you can't ride the distances any more? Do you stay in if you have been a member of good standing for many years, or do you hand in your patches and call it a day?
When you see an MC club member wearing a patch or clothing with 4 or 6 letters, the middle two being 'F' - that stands for 'Forever'.

Firedance Roadshow - www.firedance.biz