100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Shows and Meets

Notices

Old 20-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Send a message via MSN to Kylie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEViE
Just as well I'd had my breakfast an' medication then, wasn't it.
Surely you never get grumpy Stevie

It is quite common tho when the blood sugar drops too far, and of course not with everyone.
Old 20-06-2007, 05:37 PM

When I don't have some food an' medicament when I'm in need of it I can get exceedin'ly antsy. That's diabetes for ya.
Old 20-06-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEViE
When I don't have some food an' medicament when I'm in need of it I can get exceedin'ly antsy. That's diabetes for ya.
antsy.... is that when you grow extra legs and run around in search of sugar? Oh aye... well without the extra legs

its the nature of the game, but then you have no choice, smokers get right arsey when they want a fag... and thats self inflicted!
Old 20-06-2007, 09:29 PM

Well i ain't diabeeatical, but i'm one proper grumpy fucker if i'm hungry and there ain't no snap about.
Old 20-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiViz
Not good enough, chap. People have paid to get into the Farmyard, they are customers and marshals are there to police and run the events and be 'customer-facing' (and no-one, as far as I know, forces them to volunteer). If this had been a member of a patch club working at one of their big events, then people would have been up in arms about his grumpiness and attitude.

And what the hell was he doing going for his meal break if he was on shift? Was he checking the quality of the catering or the comfiness of the cafe's seating?

Again, like it or not, those people who've paid to get in are customers. Get jumped-up little oiks in fluorescent jackets throwing their weight about and those customers take their money somewhere else next year.

HiViz

Not intending this to degenerate into a slanging match but if you must quote me please quote the full sentence
"Regarding the grumpy marshal in the farmyard cafe, unfortunatly thats people isnt it, not a lot can be done if you dont know who it was though ?"

meaning give us a clue who it was and we will have a word with him, Shelly and the girls from the farmyard cafe happen to be friends of mine and I would not be happy with anyone abusing them, but without details or even a complaint from the girls themselves its pretty hard to do much as I said

And I'm sorry but buying a ticket does not give any one the right to abuse me or any other marshal, as said elsewhere I paid for my ticket too.

Just to clarify about marshals being on duty and taking breaks, some marshals particularly area managers are on duty from Friday morning till Sunday and eat/sleep when they can.

Step forward and join the crew HiViz, we always need fresh people as others get burned out and grumpy
Not much point in getting Maggie B to deal with this, I will speak to Pete W. myself

Keith
FYP Crew

Last edited by Porthos; 21-06-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 21-06-2007, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiViz
If this had been a member of a patch club working at one of their big events, then people would have been up in arms about his grumpiness and attitude.
Similarly, had this been a member of a back patch club, at the Farmyard, recognisable as such, by a belt buckle or tattoo, in the absence of any patches, not as unusual as people may think, then there'd have been similar rants on here to the tune of who the hell do these people think they are, the signs are clear enough, why should they expect special treatment...
Old 21-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Maggie B

Yep
I have already told Pete W (main organisor for his sins) about this & will send details or see him soon.
I think he is catching up on a bit of missed sleep!

please don't jump on the band wagon HiViz-I have been pm'd by the people who it happened to, it is being dealt with
and Keith & I both agree that wearing a Flourescent Jacket doesn't give anyone the right to rip a strip off anyone.

If anyone else has had any problems with Marshalls at Farmyard let me know & I will pass onto Pete.
I especially took notice of Stevie & Minxy as they are not the type to make up or embellish a story
Old 21-06-2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff
Well i ain't diabeeatical, but i'm one proper grumpy fucker if i'm hungry and there ain't no snap about.
You and me both - I take my own food with me to rallies usually. Just camp near me cos I always have too much food with me... and if Andy is with me then yes, I will have meat in the cool bag!
Old 21-06-2007, 09:01 AM

You will if i camp near ya bitch....
Old 21-06-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff
You will if i camp near ya bitch....
I do a mean fry up
Old 21-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie B
I especially took notice of Stevie & Minxy as they are not the type to make up or embellish a story
I saw Minxy just after the caff incident - both she and Jester were gobsmacked by it. However, on the other hand, I'd like to say that the marshalls I dealt with on the gate were brilliant - especially the lad in the bush hat whose name unfortunately I don't know, but who was a real star.

The real star of the Farmyard was Pete Walker's new hair, though.
Old 21-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Chat Virgin

Pete's hair was funnier a couple of weeks ago, truly bouffant