100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 05-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

I mourn the loss of any life but lets face it,they were idiots and i wonder what the feelings would be if the had wiped out some kid in a buggy.
They paid a heavy price for there actions,but it was there own decision,no one else.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:23 AM

Sh*t happens, feel sorry for the parents, especially Dad as it was his bike. His wife will always feel that if he had not had it, it wouldn't happen. A mate at work had his son die on a borrowed bike. His mate lent him a bike knowing he had no licence or experience and gave him a crash helmet that was split across the top. The helmet didn't really matter as he lost it big style on the approach to a roundabout. He hit the central barrier, richocheted into a lampost and finally went through the chevron barrier on the roundabout. He was dead at the scene. I am not excusing his actions, riding a high powered bike with no no experience was his own choice, just like the two lads in the story. I spent ages talking to and consoling a father that had lost his only son aged 29. Our kids mirror our own actions, we were stupid or reckless as kids and so are they. Just as most of our parents forgave us, then we forgive them (unless it gets really heavy). Hopefully we all love our kids and to lose one in such a stupid way is a hard burden to carry. I saw what happened to my parents after my brother died. He did 9 years in the army and left to start a new life with his family. He died in the Paisley train crash less than 2 months after leaving....

The kids were stupid, but the parents are paying..... for the rest of their lives.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Chat Virgin

me 3 elder brothers all had bikes - i rode them from 11 across fields/lanes with their blessings - but occaissionally when they didn't know i rode them still -dont think that makes me a theiving scumbag chav. if i'd stacked them i'd have had to pay (probably in blood) but they'd have understood why i'd borrowed them.

still riding 33 years later- only now me bruvs borrow my bikes.

if they nicked the bike from someone they aint close to then stuff'em, but if it was high spirits that got out of hand then maybe its a sad end to a very short biking life.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:08 PM

Absolutely... Its not as if they went out hotwired and stole some strangers bike is it. It was the riders Dads from what i have read.

Ok so they should not have been on it at all. but how many on here rode illegally and on a bike too powerful for them when they were younger... I certainly did...

so because some on here including me survived and these didn't that makes them thieving chav scum bastards?.. and they deserved to die because they took their fathers bike out without permission?

Got no time for bike thieves at all.. but these are hardly in that league are they..

Bloody shame they paid with their lives for a bit of stupidity..
Old 05-06-2007, 04:54 PM

Location: In the same Farmhouse for 14 generations with NO OUTSIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman
Bloody shame they paid with their lives for a bit of stupidity..
Spot on, I can't believe some have said they got what they deserved etc etc. They may have earned severe retribution but not death.
Not when kiddie fiddlers, rapists and murderers roam free.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

I spoke to my 11 year old Son, George yesterday about this incident. I read the news story to him and explained that the lads father was devastated as it was his bike they were riding and had taken it without him knowing as he was on holiday.

He promised me he would never take my bike out of the garage and would get his own when he is old enough to learn to ride. He wants to do it the right way, so at least a bit of good has come from this incident.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 05-06-2007, 09:41 PM

I did the same with my dads bike when i was a teenager with no sense and loads of balls..........i was stopped in Liverpool by a bike cop who arrested me for taking and driving away without the owners permission, luckily my dad not wanting to see me up **** creek, said he lent me the bike and took the **** for me..........i never fecked about with his bike ever again........
Old 06-06-2007, 09:21 AM

Default bikes

my kids know that stealing bikes carries the death penalty, even from your dad!!! and besides, i bought a cheap safe fro 25 quid from screwfix, and the keys for all the bikes live in there!!!

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php