100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 21-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default Davida helmets

Anyone got/had one?

Dropped me Momo lid yesterday - well pissed off cos it's the best open-face lid I've ever had.

The shop near me hasn't got them in the right size anymore and I don't ever buy a lid without trying it. They do have Davidas which I like the look of, but some piss-pots I've had that have no visor lift up and try to strangle you above about 70mph.

Anyone had one of these, or the cheaper polycarb version? http://www.davida.co.uk/type.php?id=jet
Old 22-05-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Alternatively...

Alternatively does anyone know of a dealer in the East or West Midlands (or South Yorkshire for that matter) that sells Momo helmets and carries a decent stock?
Old 22-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty
Anyone got/had one?

Dropped me Momo lid yesterday - well pissed off cos it's the best open-face lid I've ever had.

The shop near me hasn't got them in the right size anymore and I don't ever buy a lid without trying it. They do have Davidas which I like the look of, but some piss-pots I've had that have no visor lift up and try to strangle you above about 70mph.

Anyone had one of these, or the cheaper polycarb version? http://www.davida.co.uk/type.php?id=jet
I've got a Davida Jet and I really like it. It's takes a few miles to break in the leather lining but once done it's really comfortable.

I haven't had any issues with it trying to strangle me, but I ride a Harley so I never go very fast

A mate has the Speedster and he's very happy with that.

The other alternative is the Ninety-One which has a very thin lining and will probably cut down on drag.

Cheers,
Rob.
Old 22-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Quote:
Anyone got/had one?

should be ok to drop mate ... unless you dropped it outta a window or something .. the only reason they say about "drop and replace" is that it can dent the polystyrene(sp!) on the inside.... coz ya can't see it!!! The shell of the lid pops back out lookin like no damage, save a couple of scrathes ...and if ya hit the same spot again it will shatter cause the poly backing aint there no more (dented) ... but a drop from say ya saddle or hands is fine IMO..it wont dent the poly like an impact will - I've dropped / cracked / broken / smashed / scraped more lids than I care to mention over the years..
Old 22-05-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1
I've dropped / cracked / broken / smashed / scraped more lids than I care to mention over the years..
Me too mate but I don't ever take chances with lids anymore - once the polystyrene padding inside the shell has deformed (one drop's enough for that) it won't do it again, therfore it's no longer able to absorb the impact as well as it should.

Appreciate what you're saying (and I'm all for saving money ), but after an accident 2 years ago, which in an imperfect helmet would most likely have killed me, I'm a bit paranoid about these things.

On a bright note, it looks like I've found somewhere to get my first choice of lid, another Momo. Designer Helmets are close enough to go and try on and seem from a couple of email to be pretty good service-wise.

Thanks for the advice though folks

Last edited by Shifty; 22-05-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 22-05-2007, 05:42 PM

ive had one for years bloody excellent lids

try their website i think its cheaper to get em direct
Old 23-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Quote:
but after an accident 2 years ago, which in an imperfect helmet would most likely have killed me, I'm a bit paranoid about these things.

yeah good call ... what kind o crap advise do I give sometimes ... yeah go out wear a sh1te lid .. you'll be alright !!!! am a twonk. Sorry fella, not thinking proper there ain't it ... fine to advise me self on how not to die, but shouldn't be telling others ... feel like a right numpty !! heh heh ( am serious, not pi55 takin )

good news on findin a new one though .... i got a matt black pi55 pot .. would buy another but also cant find one that don't make me look like CONE HEAD

J
Old 24-05-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1
am a twonk.
No you're not mate, quite possibly it would be alright (I dropped the lid right on the top, annd I'd be bloody unlucky to have the top of me head touch down in an accident, but better safe than sorry I guess.

Anyway, I've gone for another Momo (bit of a wussy I know, but having a visor's good for prolonged motorway speeds). www.designerhelmets.com have been really helpful so I've ordered one up from them.
Old 26-05-2007, 06:28 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

I have a Jet which is the most comfortable open lid I have had todate. I got it from custom lids westgate road in Newcastle. They were open to a bit of bartering as well which was good.