100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 16-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default Bah Humbug! Do you work for Mr. Scrooge?

Injured at work last week, I'm signed off until next Thursday. I was supposed to work all this weekend.
I was supposed to be off 25th to31st, then work through the New Year.

Now the boss says, I've gotta work 29th/30th to make up lost time, and work the first two weekends in Jan to get the rota back to normal!

I feel a little argument coming on!

Does anyone else work for a Mr. Scrooge?

It isn't the journey or the destination ........it's who you ride it with.
Old 16-12-2004, 10:52 AM

injury at work... tell him to go **** himself... or get yourself signed off for even longer.. that will teach the asshole
Old 16-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

I am not dumping on the forum but:

My eldest son Ashley (7 years old now) was born 8 1/2 week premature.. At first it was very touch and go and we didn't know if he would survive.

My wife was ill and had to have an emergency cesarean section otherwise he would have suffocated while in the womb.

I took the weekend off as expected but when I rang work on Monday morning to let them know I would be off work for at least the rest of the week he gave me an ultimatum !!

Be at work for 10.00am or don't be there at all !!!

You can imagine what I told him (The Bastard)

How long did I work for him ?? 9 f'ing years !! 12 hours a day 7 days a week. 1 weekend off every three months !!!!

On the same job (before this event) we used to employ temps to cover shutdowns etc.

We were working xmas day digging coal from under a 3 foot high converyer that takes 4.5 hours to rotate (just to give an impression of it's size)

We had just finished at about 11.00am and stopped to smoke a fag. Unusal these days but you could smoke anywhere outside.

One young lad who had been there for the full term of the shutdown, and the last to emerge as black as the ace of spades sat down to roll his fag on a pipe. The manager of the plant (Tony "I'am a cunt Haynes) walked round the corner just in time to see him sit down.

"What the fuck are you doing?" he asked the lad, "nowt, just rolling a fag" ! "Then finish rolling it at home ! Your fired.. you don't sit sown on my shift!"

We couldn't believe it!!! xmas day.... 7 hours under a 3' high conveyer on your hands an knees.. wet through and black.. and he f'ing fires him.

Guess what?? We ALL spent xmas afternoon at home !!!!

And the rest of xmas until the boss was nearly crying for us to return.

Unfortunatley the young lad never got his job back but Tony "I'am a cunt Haynes never f'ed about with us again !!!
you'll dance with the reaper."
Old 16-12-2004, 02:45 PM

Send a message via MSN to krammer

christ wegit, that sounds like something out of dickens!

Old 16-12-2004, 03:20 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

I found it quite hard to believe as it was happening.

As it happens it was all for the best 'cause not long after that I went back to uni for a couple of years and now I run my own multimedia & design business and doing very well indeed.

Just secured a new contract with a well known flexible hose company.
Old 16-12-2004, 03:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to krammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegit

As it happens it was all for the best 'cause not long after that I went back to uni for a couple of years and now I run my own multimedia & design business and doing very well indeed.

flexible hose? i did'nt know there were stiff ones!

Old 16-12-2004, 03:44 PM

Send a message via MSN to Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
Injured at work last week, I'm signed off until next Thursday. I was supposed to work all this weekend.
hope you are getting full pay

yoda yr gwefan

Look At My Goodies
Old 16-12-2004, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegit

Mrs R says:

Good on you. Cnuts like that are the reason I am at Uni for 3 years and then off to set up my own business, haven't got time for power crazed mini Hitlers any more. I think I've worked for all of them!!!

Switch off TV, get a life... www.whitedot.org
Old 16-12-2004, 11:22 PM

Send a message via MSN to BikerGran

Scrooge? Oh yes!

I broke my leg rather badly in Oct 03, and went back to work - still with a stick, still in pain, still having to sit with my leg up - in Feb 04. 4 months and 2 weeks off work, in spite of my GP saying it would be quite usual to have 6 months off with that kind of injury. (I know, I know, but the longer you stay off the harder it is to go back).
That was a long time off work, and I wouldn't have been surprised if they sent me to see the medical officer to check whether I was ok to work but they didn't.

Until I started having more problems with the leg, and more time off work, and then told them that I had to have another operation on the leg. THEN they decided that I'd had a lot of time off and I should see the FMO to see "whether I was fit to do my job".
Well of course I wasn't effing well fit to do my job, I had to have another op! Why didnt they take more interest earlier, they might have got my op arranged sooner! Anyway, that was ok really - till they wanted to drag in the matter of the arthritis in my hands. Now thats an entirely different problem, which they only know about cos I mentioned it when I was complaining about the chairs in the office that neede repairing, that made my hands worse cos of the wrong sitting position. But I have NEVER taken any time off becos of my hands.

But it's kinda funny that they started caring about my health just when the office is overstaffed cos they given half our work to another department......

Any way tomorrow is the day I have to go to the FMO to see if I am fit to work. In plaster. On crutches.

So I may be retiring shortly. Which would be very nice but my pension ain't goin to amount to much, and my GP says I'm not disabled cos when the leg is fixed I'll be ok.

Bosses - doncha just love 'em!

And Shep - do what Gypsy said
Quote:
get yourself signed off for even longer..
Not just to piss him off, just to get what you're entitled to! We don't owe them a thing, and if they're not reasonable, then you have to play the game their way!

Rant over!
Old 17-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

A mini rant on behalf of Mrs Wegit....

The f'ing NHS...... The management are a bunch of wankers. They give no regard for the ppl on the shop floor. The NURSES!!!!

My wife has been a qualified nurse for the last 8 years and worked in the same dept for most of that time. 10 years ago she tried paragliding of the back of a motorbike without a parachute !!! She has suffered serious back injuries but that didn't stop her realising her dream of becoming a nurse.

Because she crushed two vertibre she suffers when it is cold with her back and particularily after lifting heavy patients. Something that she has to do regularily on a medical ward.

Because of this she has had some time off sick, which is quite understandable. But saying that she has worked many extra shifts when she didn't need to !!!

Because my business was doing really well she decided to take a year out to spend some time with the kids and to have a think about what changes she wanted to make to her life.

Unfortunatley business turned sour for a while so, because the mortgage has to be paid, and the kids need feeding, she had to go back.

So she applied for her old job back and got it.

Now to jump out for a second::: If you read the papers or watch the telly you'll be quite aware that they are desparate for nurses !! They can't get enough of them and are asking retired nurses to come back.

Back to the story::

They gave her a job and a 1 MONTH contract !! They have renewed it several times without a problem. That was until she was ill, and I mean ill. She rang work and said that she was too ill to work that night. They rang her back asking if she could come in anyway, to which she replied "NO". So they reminded her that her contract was up for renewal !!! They didn't ACTUALLY say that it wouldn't be renewed but they certainly IMPLIED it.

Now that is one incident and I won't bore you with the many others. Needles to say that she is thinking of applying for a job in ASDA !!!

So if any of you are thinking about starting a career in the NHS think hard and long about if you want to be treated like a 5 year old, with monthly contracts, beaten up by Druggies (who should be shot, not nursed back to health). Old men and women, Bullied by Doctors (who think they know better when the majority of them havn't got a f'ing clue) Blackmailed by the ward managers for having time off and basically treat like sh!t then go-ahead.

Sorry if any of you are disillusioned by this but you ought to know.

You'd think the days of Florence Nightingdale are gone, but you'd be wrong!!!

(On behalf of Mrs Wegit)
Old 17-12-2004, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep

Now the boss says, I've gotta work 29th/30th to make up lost time, and work the first two weekends in Jan to get the rota back to normal!

I feel a little argument coming on!

Does anyone else work for a Mr. Scrooge?
Get a sick note and tell him where to stick it!
Old 17-12-2004, 01:00 PM

[QUOTE=wegit] to know.

You'd think the days of Florence Nightingdale are gone, but you'd be wrong!!!

QUOTE]

For the NHS, they would like the days of Florence Nightingale to ARRIVE! She realised that dirt and filth was the major cause of peeps dying of ordinary wounds and no MRSA then!!!