100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 06-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Chatter Box

Send a message via MSN to IPC_Jules

ah cool ive been riding about a year and a half. and like you i wont let anyone spoil it for me. i was shakey for days after almost dropping my cb when riding it down to a bike yard over some gravel and almost lost the rear end... i think that was more the fact i had just painted it and put the decals on though

"It's goodbye to the shortcuts, Hello to the grind, Nobody ever said it would be an easy ride, Suffer for your art"
Old 06-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Send a message via MSN to Kylie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPC_Jules
ah cool ive been riding about a year and a half. and like you i wont let anyone spoil it for me. i was shakey for days after almost dropping my cb when riding it down to a bike yard over some gravel and almost lost the rear end... i think that was more the fact i had just painted it and put the decals on though
I've dropped mine several times... that didnt shake me up - being hit by a car did.... even though the chap was really nice and admitted it was his fault. Scared me senseless and i didnt stop shaking for hours!

I suppose its all part of learning....
Old 06-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Chatter Box

yeah it is really i suppose? maybe im not pushing hard enough to fall off and im a scaredy cat already... or maybe that expensive rubber i got cut price is helping?

yup although i think i need to spend less time arsing around on the bike and more time working on the trike!

"It's goodbye to the shortcuts, Hello to the grind, Nobody ever said it would be an easy ride, Suffer for your art"
Old 06-12-2006, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPC_Jules
yeah it is really i suppose? maybe im not pushing hard enough to fall off and im a scaredy cat already... or maybe that expensive rubber i got cut price is helping?

yup although i think i need to spend less time arsing around on the bike and more time working on the trike!
I wasnt pushing it when i fell off. My bike is really top heavy so at low speeds its a nightmare for falling over - and thats basically what happened each time i fell off (well except for the wet grass fallings off at farmyard a few years back!)

No point pushing things - best to be sensible. I would love to meet the person on the R reg CBR600 that i've followed a couple of times on the way to/from work. He/she has given me a way through the traffic a couple of times since my confidence got knocked.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Chatter Box

i was only messing when i said its because im not pushing enough. pushing at your limits is dangerous ...well i think so. ok i lie i fell off my bike once but i wasnt moving so does it count... got my boot caught under the fairing when i went to put the stand down and went over *whistles* luckily the bike landed on the lawn and wasnt damaged and nothing by my pride was hurt

My bikes very light as its only a little aprilia rs125 but its great fun to throw around and i think a very easy bike to ride. although someone with more experiance could probably do a lot more with it. cool its nice to learn and be helped by other riders and most are really good.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:08 AM

I won't even begin to embarass myself in public with my highly embarassing falling offs!!!!