100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 18-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Complete and utter git

I would'nt mind bettin them fuckers would'nt have one of these.

you're not wrong there - most hog people seem to regard the sporty as an entry level bike, something in between the golden handshake and (probably) a heritage softail. All I ever heard from that lot about my 1200s was "when you gonna get yourself a proper harley". That pissed me off, as far as I was concerned, my harley was a proper fekkin harley. They are history. Unfortunately so is the harley.
Old 19-10-2006, 03:43 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Borg

Quote:
Originally Posted by krammer
credit where it's due, harley are certainly not afraid to break with the norm.

Break the Norm, there trying to catch up

But I do think I might just maybe like it, a bit, maybe
Old 19-10-2006, 06:02 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eigerton
you're not wrong there - most hog people seem to regard the sporty as an entry level bike, something in between the golden handshake and (probably) a heritage softail. All I ever heard from that lot about my 1200s was "when you gonna get yourself a proper harley". That pissed me off, as far as I was concerned, my harley was a proper fekkin harley. They are history. Unfortunately so is the harley.
Ever thought that this has been fed and watered by sportster owners who invariably buy a sportster than trade it in for a bigger model.
Seen it dozens of times, the only guy i know who's kept one has an old ironhead he's kept for 20yrs.
And the fact that a lot buy 'em then dress 'em up to look like a big twin with fatbob tanks and mudguards, which doesn't actually work, not one bit.
And cos they're little and short with two foot ground clearance and they look bluddy stoopid...
Old 19-10-2006, 07:31 AM

Mate3 of mine built both his modified Evo FXR and his wifes Evo Sporty 883/1200. He loves his FXR but even he admits the Sporty is a better ride.
I have no intention of trading in my 883/1200. I might buy a bigger Harley as well one day but Ill keep the sporty.

As for the guy who only got 18,000 before he knackered the 1200s, try looking after it! Mine has 15,000 on it (about 10000 as an 883 and 5000 as a 1200) and I only really consider it run in. My mates wifes one is an early evo and has a lot more than that on it has had two complete rebuilds but runs great.

Harleys of any description are as reliable as you make them. Look after your bike and it will look after you but if you want a high revving, high horespower, reliable bike that needs no looking after, you need to talk to a man at the Honda dealership..
Old 19-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Complete and utter git

Harleys of any description are as reliable as you make them. Look after your bike and it will look after you but if you want a high revving, high horespower, reliable bike that needs no looking after, you need to talk to a man at the Honda dealership

i appreciate that - the sporty was good for 50-60mph tootling, as soon as it got the berries though things fell off / broke / packed up. Unless hd can resolve those problems what is the point of this new sporty? (i'd still have one)
Old 19-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Chatter Box

this is the daddy.
why didnīt harleys make this themselves?

Old 19-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Borg

Harley do not 'make' any of their bikes, the parts are made in Taiwan and assembled in the USA now
Old 19-10-2006, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erizo
this is the daddy.
why didnīt harleys make this themselves?

There is not a Harley part on that bike! Its a kit bike. Id still like one though!
Old 19-10-2006, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eigerton
Harleys of any description are as reliable as you make them. Look after your bike and it will look after you but if you want a high revving, high horespower, reliable bike that needs no looking after, you need to talk to a man at the Honda dealership

i appreciate that - the sporty was good for 50-60mph tootling, as soon as it got the berries though things fell off / broke / packed up. Unless hd can resolve those problems what is the point of this new sporty? (i'd still have one)
Something wrong with that then. Ours regularly go over 100mph and often keep up well over 80 for relatively long rides (German Autobahn). Now I admit mines a 2004 and so rubber mounted but still, nothings fallen off it in 15000 miles (except me once).
Old 19-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILRCGeff
There is not a Harley part on that bike! Its a kit bike. Id still like one though!
precisely.

thatīs why i asked the question
Old 19-10-2006, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erizo
precisely.

thatīs why i asked the question
Well if harley actually made it, no one would buy the kits!