100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 17-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Default I remembered.

I went for a ride with Uk Rob yesterday and it reminded why i started riding in the first place.It was a gorgeous day, not to hot, dry clean roads decent corners and hardly any traffic and even though Rob tried to upset me with his libelous jibes i really enjoyed myself. .The best thing about the ride was not having a route to stick to,bloody marvellous.
Old 17-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigg
I went for a ride with Uk Rob yesterday and it reminded why i started riding in the first place.It was a gorgeous day, not to hot, dry clean roads decent corners and hardly any traffic and even though Rob tried to upset me with his libelous jibes i really enjoyed myself. .The best thing about the ride was not having a route to stick to,bloody marvellous.
Yeah mate, was a top ride out for sure. Dunno how but managed to clock up 120 miles. Not bad over a few hours Ha! Topped it off cause i got to have a play with a Subaru Imprezza after i left you. Silly silly car driver
Old 18-10-2006, 10:59 AM

You know what Bigg, i reckon a lot of people do not understand the concept of riding a motorbike for the fun of it. Its not a dig at anyone, just goes to show being a biker is about more than one thing.
Old 18-10-2006, 11:02 AM

I have fun riding my bike!! Christ, I've gone 50 miles for a pint of milk, just for the ride!!
Old 18-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Get on ride, enjoy, get home and get bitched at for not clearing out the garage, never mind it was worth it.I once rode to hull and back just for the hell of it.It was closed.
Old 18-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Send a message via MSN to Worjorj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigg
Get on ride, enjoy, get home and get bitched at for not clearing out the garage, never mind it was worth it.I once rode to hull and back just for the hell of it.It was closed.
Still is
Old 18-10-2006, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Terrorist
I have fun riding my bike!! Christ, I've gone 50 miles for a pint of milk, just for the ride!!
Im not saying everyone mate but seriously, how many people on here for example do you hear say they just went out for a great ride?
Bikes mean different things for different people no doubt but personally i dont understand the idea of just using your bike to ride to a rally then forget about it until you ride home. Bikes are to be used and have fun on, simple as that. Horses for courses i guess.
Old 18-10-2006, 12:19 PM

Rob, you have posted stuff like this loads of times.. The last time was when folk including me said they have to work for a living.. for whatever reasons mate.. you don't, so you get far, far more time to go for a ride for fun that I and a lot of others here do. I work 6 full days , sometimes until till 7 or 8 at night...I can assure you if I had the time you do, I would be out on it most days.. unfortunately..I can't.

So can i ask that, if you mean that having time for a ride for fun makes you more of a biker, does it then follow that we then must be less of a biker because we have to work and don't get the spare time?
Old 18-10-2006, 01:32 PM

Bassman, i know what work is about. You seem to get this idea i live a life of leisure. Believe me, its not leisure but if i had to explain, well its obvious you dont have a clue otherwise, well
Yes, ive worked 6 and 7 days a week and i rode my bike because it was a release, i found time, thats what bikes are for me fun and a release not a statement to society.
You also add do i believe this makes me more of a biker???? Why is there this competition? I couldnt give a monkies chuff what a real biker is supposed to be. All i said was i personally dont understand people not riding their bikes just for the sake of it, i never mentioned i was better or worse as i dont care, i just said i didnt understand.
Bringing up the fact i dont work is a bit out of order Bassman if im honest. You know why im not at work and it aint a life of leisure and all peachy and its also irrelevant as to why i ride my motorbike.

Last edited by GreatBritishRob; 18-10-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 18-10-2006, 05:44 PM

I'm chuffed for you that you managed to get a great ride out. I hope you have lots of them and keep telling us about them.. I enjoy reading about folks runs out.

I certainly wasn't having a go at you for not working, but when you have been for a ride out on a weekday, and then post general remarks about the forum members not posting stuff here about their great ride outs, and using bikes for just going to rallies etc. and that being a biker is more than just one thing...that you did post, i personally found it a bit tactless..

Of course i know why you are not able to work at the moment, and of course i feel for you in that....but the point I was making is.... that you are able to do the ride out at the moment is BECAUSE of the situation you find yourself in, and I and lots of others here can't, because we have to work during the week. Sorry if you don't agree, but I think that is a fair comment to make and not disparaging to you in any way.. you should know better than that....

Last edited by Bassman; 18-10-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 18-10-2006, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman
I'm chuffed for you that you managed to get a great ride out. I hope you have lots of them and keep telling us about them.. I enjoy reading about folks runs out.

I certainly wasn't having a go at you for not working, but when you have been for a ride out on a weekday, and then post general remarks about the forum members not posting stuff here about their great ride outs, and using bikes for just going to rallies etc. and that being a biker is more than just one thing...that you did post, i personally found it a bit tactless..

Of course i know why you are not able to work at the moment, and of course i feel for you in that....but the point I was making is.... that you are able to do the ride out at the moment is BECAUSE of the situation you find yourself in, and I and lots of others here can't, because we have to work during the week. Sorry if you don't agree, but I think that is a fair comment to make and not disparaging to you in any way.. you should know better than that....
I was more interested than anything Bassman as to how people use there bikes.
Look, i know im an arsey fucker and yeah, i know better etc. Look on the bright side, i didnt threaten to ban you
Sorry mate, perhaps i could word stuff better. Ah, lets forget it.
Old 18-10-2006, 07:22 PM

You both have valid comments. I missed most of the summer because my bike was getting fixed after an accident in July. I love to ride just for fun, sometimes hundreds of miles but not all of us can do it all the time. For some people its even down to a choice of food or fuel! the one thing we all have in common on this site is we love bikes (and maybe trikes) but we all enjoy and use them in different ways. Theres no right way or wrong way.