100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 23-09-2006, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria
The only reason they are hounding the BMF is so that they can make more profit through sensationalist articles.
No, it's not the only reason.
Old 23-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Need to Get out More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria
Wow - you go back a long way.

This whole sh*t with MCN and riders' rights organisations really needs addressing. MCN has done a lot of damage.

Maybe the best way to go is to write an editorial on all the bullsh*t stories they write - the latest being how MCN have stopped the govt from introducing ISA technology. You can go through all the so called 'Riders Rights' stories and find that all they've done is copy from either BMF or MAG - then usually get it wrong.

Best defence is attack. Mr Mutch wrote a wonderful spoof on MCN once - which is probably why they won't publish our stuff.

If EMAP (aka the Evil Empire) destroys riders' rights in this country (and they seem to be doing a pretty good job so far) then we're all screwed. The only reason they are hounding the BMF is so that they can make more profit through sensationalist articles.
lol - yeah - I hold a grudge good and tight for a long, long time
MCN needs shutdown. It peddles lies, pure and simple. It doesn't represent any motorcyclist who can change their own brake pads or many who can't.

I don't quite understand why they've got no competition
Old 23-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Jedi Chat Master

well we all know what MCN stands for...............

MORE CRAP than NEWS

any other variations..........................
Old 23-09-2006, 11:57 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Send a message via MSN to BikerGran

I've been a MAG member since I started riding, and belong to a club thats affiliated to BMF. I chose to belong to MAG cos I felt BMF was more of a glossy organisation for glossy bikers, and I'm not one of those. But I believe both do sterling work, they do support each other nowadays and as someone mentioned, they are both parts of FEMA, the European riders rights association.

Having been a member of loads of committees in my time - biking and charities and local matters - I think what people tend not see is that the people who are really active in any organisation are usually strong-minded folks with firmly held beliefs and opinions - you do need those sorts of folks or nothing ever gets done! They need to be confident and self-opinionated to get out there and DO stuff! But because they are that way, they do tend to upset folks and get involved in big controversies.

Of course that's what you hear about most, not all the times they work together and achieve something good - cos good news isn't news, is it?