100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 20-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Unhappy Oo me back...

Now backs are like virgins - you only get to f^ck 'em once... and mine got f^cked many years ago due to a lot of carrying around of a piddling small RD 400 engine, of all things...

So - off to the Big Boys Byke Shop again today to pay for my Sportster - BUT - since my last visit (and once I have got this thing called 'Probate' sorted out), my bike buying capacity has suddenly increased, so just for curiosity I tried the V-Rod.

*Aaargh* after just 5 miles of that feet-forward riding position my lower back was giving me major gip... same again on the Night Train, less so but still some on the Street Bob (It's a Chopper Baby)

Dammit! Can afford one, can't ride one! Finally my injuries have caught up with me. *Not Pleased*

So back to Plan A - will be picking up the Sportster with a stage 1 kit in 2 weeks, get a 1200 conversion after it's run in - and look around for a Revolution-style GSXR or Speed Triple chop (just like the one Minxy is flogging) for a second and faster bike!

Firedance Roadshow - www.firedance.biz
Old 20-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Well, its up for sale. Erol's old bike. You got Jester's number if you're interested.
Old 20-08-2006, 10:45 PM

Won't have the money before the end of the auction due to (i) aforementioned probate and (ii) have bought an MR2 turbo for Lyn - and the Harley this weekend. Funds won't probably be in me hand until the end of September now.

Thought I recognised it from somewhere...

So unless you can hold it for six weeks it's not on the menu, best I can do right now is a 500 cash deposit, and bidding's above that already.

Last edited by pagan_flame; 20-08-2006 at 11:07 PM.
Old 21-08-2006, 07:56 AM

We could work with those terms.

Drop Jester a line after lunch today or later this evening if you dont get the message and all being well, I'll pull the auction. Don't mind holding onto it for you until you get all sorted.
Old 21-08-2006, 07:58 AM

And notice how I havent even commented on the H*rley thing? How restrained am I?
Old 21-08-2006, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan_flame
So - off to the Big Boys Byke Shop again today to pay for my Sportster - BUT - since my last visit (and once I have got this thing called 'Probate' sorted out), my bike buying capacity has suddenly increased, so just for curiosity I tried the V-Rod.
Jesus that has got to be quite simply the most boring link i've ever clicked, thanks for that.
Old 21-08-2006, 08:42 AM

I suspected as much as resisted clicky finger syndrome
Old 21-08-2006, 09:17 AM

I have the opposite problem, I have problems riding race rep power ranger style bikes, more than 20 mins and I'm in agony, 15 years as a courier then pop 3 vertebrae in a fecking car accident. This why I like the FJ, the riding position is just right for long distance, lean forward any further and it starts to hurt my neck.

Free the binary 10
Old 21-08-2006, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff
Jesus that has got to be quite simply the most boring link i've ever clicked, thanks for that.
That was there to save me having to painfully explain why I am suddenly able to afford new and Very Expensive bikes... if you clicked on it 'cos you didn't know what Probate is and under what circumstances you would be seeking it, count yourself Very Lucky Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minxy
We could work with those terms.

Drop Jester a line after lunch today or later this evening if you dont get the message and all being well, I'll pull the auction. Don't mind holding onto it for you until you get all sorted.
Thank you, but I honestly don't know when I'll have the funds, I can't even get the Peterborough probate office to answer the phone today, let alone get an interview... and I don't have Jester's email either.

Leave the auction to run, and I'll take you up on it if it doesn't reach reserve at the end of the auction though, as long as a large deposit, guaranteed cash sale in a while at the Buy It Now price, and active encouragement to ride it in the meantime is OK...

Last edited by pagan_flame; 21-08-2006 at 08:49 PM.
Old 21-08-2006, 08:40 PM

Nice try but the bike aint goin anywhere unless beer tokens to the value of the agreed sale price are on the table.

See what happens.
Old 21-08-2006, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minxy
Nice try but the bike aint goin anywhere unless beer tokens to the value of the agreed sale price are on the table.

See what happens.
No, that was - active encouragement for YOU to ride it until the full price in beer vouchers is on the table, half a grand non-returnable from me to hold it unless you blow it or stuff it down the road.

I got a Hardley Moving, Son to run in so I can get a 1200 conversion done over the winter, so wouldn't be riding it so much anyway this year - better to have it thrashed regularly than sitting around with bits seizing up.

Old 22-08-2006, 07:39 AM

Oh! lol ... got the wrong end of the stick there.

OK. See what happens with the auction.
Old 22-08-2006, 07:59 AM

Quote:
So back to Plan A - will be picking up the Sportster with a stage 1 kit in 2 weeks, get a 1200 conversion after it's run in - and look around for a second and faster bike!
Quote:
I got a Hardley Moving, Son to run in
Obviously your first one, judging by the model you've chosen.
Though you seem to know all about 'em.
What perplexes me, is if they're so fucking bad, why you getting one?
You keep reminding us, even though it's such an embarrassment to ya.
Is it so you can wear the t-shirts and the belt buckle?
Old 22-08-2006, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff
Obviously your first one, judging by the model you've chosen.
Though you seem to know all about 'em.
What perplexes me, is if they're so fucking bad, why you getting one?
You keep reminding us, even though it's such an embarrassment to ya.
Is it so you can wear the t-shirts and the belt buckle?
Yes it's my first one - no I am not buying it as an 'entry model'. Please refer to first post in this thread as to why I am buying a Sporty and not a bigger one... it is, however, the first ever new bike I have bought, never had anything that wasn't at least 5 years old, hence the 'Xmas Morning' excitement.

No I don't know all about them. But my brother does - worked as a bike salesman for 12 years so knows all bikes inside out --- and HE has bought one. He banged on about 'em so much that I thought that I should take my lid, licence and an open mind to the Harley dealers and see what they were really like.

To take a step or two back - I started off looking at Yamaha MT-01 (1700 V-twin streetfighter) and thought that it was a bit plasticky in the flesh... looked at the Warrior but was put off by that humongous gatling gun of a silencer... and cast glances aside then to the V-Rod - of course now not an option due to injuries from a well-spent youth.

When I rode the stock 1200 Sportster, I came back asking "is that speedo accurate?", as it torqued up to the ton indecently quickly compared to what I was expecting from 22 years of big four jap bike riding and anti-Harley jibes - with the biggest ear-to-ear grin I have had from riding a bike in 10 years. Harley seem to have sorted all the gremlins in the last year or so that previously have kept me away from them - rubber mounted engines, twin discs and decent handling make it a much better riding experience than a rigid mount, single disc version.

And yes I tried one of them as well, the bast tried to kill me at the first roundabout - as I opened it up, the vibes made the mirrors droop down. So when I went for the front brake, the carbon knuckles on me gloves caught on the mirror - good jobI was on the back brake as well! I have always made a point of not going steady with a bitch that tries to kill me on our first date...

As aforementioned, plans for it are to run it in, then get a 1200 conversion and a few more tweaks while we're in there, which by all accounts will see off the big Hogs anyway; I can't get the all-black version in a 1200 or I would have had one.

Finally, my job requires me to have a clean licence now, if I get more than 6 points I can't do that job for 3 years - so the other obvious choice for a bike purchase of 180mph+ Hayabusa etc is going to get me in trouble far too quick.

Which sort of conflicts with buying a GSXR! *Tries vainly to extract head from arse*

<HUMOUR MODE=ironic>And yes, I will be getting a t-shirt, belt buckle and Live To Ride(TM) embroidered toilet seat cover. Also I will not be riding in the rain any more, and REALLY must stop waving to other riders now I own a Harley; and call everyone 'Bro' and end every sentence with 'Dude'... (Source: Jap Bike Rider's Big Book of Harley Cliches)

And Hurrah! I can get a full patch straight away from the HOG without all that horrid prospecting...

Do you think that I would get admiring glances in your clubhouse if I turned up with THIS on my cutoff?

</MODE>

I know that most people I know will be taking the p1ss so am just getting in ahead of the fun...

...and Lyn is still threatening to sew conchos and leather tassells onto me underpants...

But seriously, Taff:

Given that I can't have anything massively heavy or with a feet forwards riding position, what Harley is there that I could buy that will pull like a train, handle reasonably well and not rattle the fillings out me teeth? The Harley dealers ran out of suggestions... I did think that the Street Bob wouldn't be too bad if you changed the bars.

Last edited by pagan_flame; 22-08-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Old 22-08-2006, 07:31 PM

here ya go mate

http://www.100-biker.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22059

My Blog

Fuck it, BURN THEM ALL !!
Old 22-08-2006, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I know that most people I know will be taking the p1ss so am just getting in ahead of the fun...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike
See what I mean?

Old 23-08-2006, 11:01 AM

i loved my sporty and the parts weren't as hard to find as these fuckin honda rebel bits !!!! baaaah

I like harleys.... with the exception of dispatch riders, there is a harley for everyone . cruising, rasing, touring, show boats , slow boats , towing caravans ... they sound sweet an all.

I hate the way people take the piss outta sporties... especially harley owners, mine commuted well and raced everyrthing that moved off the lights ...lust needed forwards for touring cos my legs ached a bit.