100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 30-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default The state of the nation.

It seem that your childs teacher or part time school nurse have the power to give the ok on wether your daughter can/should have an abortion....

But cannot administer an aspirin!

Is this correct??
Old 30-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyfp
It seem that your childs teacher or part time school nurse have the power to give the ok on wether your daughter can/should have an abortion....

But cannot administer an aspirin!

Is this correct??
no booldy way i would want to know if it was chelse i would`nt want some person who does`nt really know us or has to live with the after maft (long time off yet shes only 2) but some kids are just scared to tell there mums/dads or scared to have the baby if they told there mums then they mint have other options like adotion or the mum mint bring the baby up

my friend had abortion at 15 and she has never forgiven herself ...........she was not given any help in making the choice or told her options , they just did it.
Old 30-01-2006, 01:42 PM

Wouldn't trust the teachers at the boy's school with a decision like that. They can't even get the girlies to wear school uniform unless it's hitched up their backsides...
Old 30-01-2006, 01:47 PM

Send a message via MSN to krammer

i really, really doubt that a teacher would have the power to sanction such a thing. but a doctor is and the consent of a parent is not required due to patient confidentiality and all that.............

Old 30-01-2006, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violetmay
Wouldn't trust the teachers at the boy's school with a decision like that. They can't even get the girlies to wear school uniform unless it's hitched up their backsides...

an what's wrong with that? ... well until my girls are at secondary school *LOL Then there'll be hell to pay.
Old 30-01-2006, 01:55 PM

I think there was a case where a school nurse advised a lass to go for the morning after pill - and teachers in the past have accompanied girls to clinics - however if under 16 it's up to the doctor not the teacher to decide - over 16 - it's up to the girl

some girls get pregnant and are lost and alone and frightened - their parents have said stuff like

'if you come home prengant I'll effing kill ya'

so no wonder they are scared to tell the people who can look after them the best (also debatable)

in such cases, thank god they have got a responsible adult to turn to (school nurse/teacher/big sister/ aunt - whoever)

but I do agree that teachers should be able to administer aspirin

mind you -as a 1st aider - I wasn't allowed to give folk aspirin either - even if I knew they were having a heart attack
Old 30-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

[QUOTE=Doro]I think there was a case where a school nurse advised a lass to go for the morning after pill - and teachers in the past have accompanied girls to clinics - however if under 16 it's up to the doctor not the teacher to decide - over 16 - it's up to the girl

some girls get pregnant and are lost and alone and frightened - their parents have said stuff like

'if you come home prengant I'll effing kill ya'

so no wonder they are scared to tell the people who can look after them the best (also debatable)

in such cases, thank god they have got a responsible adult to turn to (school nurse/teacher/big sister/ aunt - whoever)

I do agree but shouldnt the parent be told aswell if their KID is going to abort a baby so that the parent can help!!! so that the kid does`nt make a mistake just because they are afraid of what the parent mint say im shaw most parents would be but willing to help i would do anything for chelse no matter what see does ..............

if she come home prengant i kill her ................... then bury her in the garden...................
Old 30-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Beefy Pickle doesn't bat for the other side (as far as we know)

Send a message via MSN to kitkatman

just another case of the nanny state taking control of all the decisions that you make.....big brother IS watching, this goverment is too p.c. and are fucking useless

.....THEN I REALISED IT SAID THICK CUT

QUALIFIED MEMBER OF THE MOBILE DRUNKEN DISPLAY TEAM....

Old 30-01-2006, 05:05 PM

I guess it depends if the termination is the morning after pill - or a D&C type operation

I believe you need a parent signature for any op on a child (ie under 16) unless it is a life or death emergency

in fact - the only op that can be performed on you without your consent is an *episiotomy (unless it's life or death)
Old 30-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Beefy Pickle doesn't bat for the other side (as far as we know)

Send a message via MSN to kitkatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro
I guess it depends if the termination is the morning after pill - or a D&C type operation

I believe you need a parent signature for any op on a child (ie under 16) unless it is a life or death emergency

in fact - the only op that can be performed on you without your consent is an *episiotomy (unless it's life or death)
so, any idea how they get around it!

.....THEN I REALISED IT SAID THICK CUT

QUALIFIED MEMBER OF THE MOBILE DRUNKEN DISPLAY TEAM....