100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > The Workshop

Notices

Old 16-12-2005, 08:28 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Send a message via MSN to excalibur

well I do have disabilities so I would like to know
Old 16-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

carry on the way you are!!! and you,ll get all the answers you,ll ever need!!!when your too fucked up to drive!!!
Old 17-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Chat Virgin

It will mainly depend on your local DVLA office, they should come out & check that the chassis number & engine number are right at least but in some areas they don't even bother with that, other than that you get the trike insured then go for your mot ,when it has passed you then go to your local dvla office ,fill in some forms saying what parts from the doner vehicle you have used, they then sort out the paperwork give you the tax disk & they send off the v5 for the details to be changed, again it will depend on your dvla office whether they let you keep the original registration or give you an age related number.
Old 17-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

it,s not the dvla that come out it,s the local police vehicle inspection team! they are the one,s who check that what you put on the forms are correct!!!! as stated in a previous post!!! i think your a wind up merchant who should stick to riding his moped!!!
Old 17-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Chat Virgin

It depends on the area you are in, i have never had anyone come out to check any of the trikes ,either from dvla or police, i thought that was what was supposed to happen ,but no one bothered to check anything.
A mate of mine has just registered a trike within the last month & no one was sent to check that either, but they did give him an age related number ,so he had to pay a registration fee .
The only sure way to find out how to register your trike is to go to your nearest dvla office & speak to the person who deals with registering trikes, they should give you a form where you list all the parts you have used ,another form to register it which you have to fill in all the vehicle details as they will go on the v5, they will probably give you an msva form as well ,but turn it over & near the bottom it tells you a vehicle built for a dissabled rider or passenger does not need msva.
Old 21-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Chatter Box

But surely if I said I dont want an msva because its for a dissabled person they wouldnt just say ok then and register it anyway, just on my word.???
Old 21-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Chat Virgin

Yes they will ,you don't need to prove its for a dissabled person, a mate of mine has just registered his this way, but you are probably best to go to your nearest dvla office & see what they say, as different areas seem to interpret the rules differently
Old 21-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Chatter Box

I see. I know the forms can be downloaded off the dvla site. Cant I just fill them in and send them to swansea. Also the trike will actualy have to be ment for a dissabled person surely? Ie somkind of modification so it actualy is genuine, not a fraud.
Old 22-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Chat Virgin

Not sure if you can just send off the forms to Swansea as i've never done it that way, as for the trike being adapted for disabled ,no one from the dvla has ever checked any i have built, but again this will probably depend on your area, in some ares they send someone out to check the chassis numbers etc or sometimes even the police to check for chassis & engine number etc, but we've never had that ,they've allways registered ours without even looking at it