100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 29-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Enya is good for chilling out to with a nice glass of malt.
Old 29-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Hmmm, where to start...

A bit of a folkie by nature - mainly stuff by Fairport Convention and Jethro Tull; have gone down the road of 'Death Folk' lately - recently bought Mrs R a CD called 'Love, Death and the Lady' by Shirley & Dolly Collins (from about '73) for her birthday after hearing a track on Radio 2 one night (lots of songs about love, death, rejection and war - nice fluffy folky stuff with yer finger in yer ear, Not!).

If I'm in need of a chill out, I stick some Mike Oldfield on (or Air, but we've played their albums to death in the car recently). He still rocks after all this time (saw him in Horseguards Parade, London back in 1997 when Tubular Bells 3 came out and it completely p1ssed it down!)

There is also a heavier side to me, I was brought up on Motorhead and Saxon (1980 Ace of Spades and Wheels of Steel - not that new-fangled version from't Celtics this year), that drifted into Iron Maiden and Metallica (as someone else said, before the 'Black' album ) - very happy that Maiden are still going (saw them at Download last year). Combining Folk and Thrash, I used to love Skyclad though that's the original with Martin Valkieure (or how ever you spell his name, ex of Sabbat) singing - they've gone all fluffy now.

I also attempt to play the guitar and mandolin now and again (yeah, I do mean attempt! Just ask Mrs R!!) - I was in a thrash band (playing lead) just after I left school so I now nick sprog's guitar if I get the urge well, when he's got this gert big Marshall 4x12 stack in his bedroom you've just got to haven't you?
Old 29-07-2004, 01:37 PM
A part of the whole..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch
I used to love Skyclad though that's the original with Martin Valkieure (or how ever you spell his name, ex of Sabbat)
Martin Walkyier. I used to work with Frazer Craske's (Sabbat's Bassist) dad
Old 29-07-2004, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch
Hmmm, where to start...

A bit of a folkie by nature - mainly stuff by Fairport Convention and Jethro Tull; have gone down the road of 'Death Folk' lately - recently bought Mrs R a CD called 'Love, Death and the Lady' by Shirley & Dolly Collins (from about '73) for her birthday after hearing a track on Radio 2 one night (lots of songs about love, death, rejection and war - nice fluffy folky stuff with yer finger in yer ear, Not!).

If I'm in need of a chill out, I stick some Mike Oldfield on (or Air, but we've played their albums to death in the car recently). He still rocks after all this time (saw him in Horseguards Parade, London back in 1997 when Tubular Bells 3 came out and it completely p1ssed it down!)

There is also a heavier side to me, I was brought up on Motorhead and Saxon (1980 Ace of Spades and Wheels of Steel - not that new-fangled version from't Celtics this year), that drifted into Iron Maiden and Metallica (as someone else said, before the 'Black' album ) - very happy that Maiden are still going (saw them at Download last year). Combining Folk and Thrash, I used to love Skyclad though that's the original with Martin Valkieure (or how ever you spell his name, ex of Sabbat) singing - they've gone all fluffy now.

I also attempt to play the guitar and mandolin now and again (yeah, I do mean attempt! Just ask Mrs R!!) - I was in a thrash band (playing lead) just after I left school so I now nick sprog's guitar if I get the urge well, when he's got this gert big Marshall 4x12 stack in his bedroom you've just got to haven't you?
i last see maiden on the last night of the clive burr charity shows, had a good blast thought, ended up back stage and a few of us even managed to weasle our way to the private party... think we fell outta thhat bar at about 5.30 am
Old 29-07-2004, 01:47 PM

Blazin Squad
Britney
Busted
The Darkness
Justin Timberlake
Robbie Williams

And I'm still shocked that we dont hear much of the above at Rallies THANK GOD

But Seriously

Rage against the Machine, Audioslave, Led Zep, Rammstein, Metallica, Steve Earl, Springsteen, Clash, the list goes on and on.
Old 29-07-2004, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huw Beer Monster
Martin Walkyier. I used to work with Frazer Craske's (Sabbat's Bassist) dad
All together now, YOU LUCKY, LUCKY BArSTARD!!!

Last time I saw Sabbat was at the Duchess of York pub in Leeds (now gone sadly to make way for yet another shopping centre - sniff!) bloody years ago.

The pub was tiny, the stage was only about a foot off the ground with a low ceiling. You'd still get a few folk stagediving (myself included - bashed my knee at that gig, when I hit the floor from 2ft 6! - ) that was until some daft sod went to jump off the amp, went flying through the air and went 'urk!' when he caught his neck on't cables taped to the ceiling!!!!!!
Old 29-07-2004, 07:12 PM

Mitch that sounds likee a gig worth watching, if not just for the comedy stage diving.
Old 29-07-2004, 07:34 PM

Send a message via MSN to krammer

alabama 3 nick cave, the beta band, bram van 3000, floyd ,roger waters, faithless plus just about all the other bands mentioned, aint music just the best? ps does anyone around the brum area remember a pub call bogarts on new street? it was eventually closed down by the powers that be.
Old 29-07-2004, 07:53 PM

Default Music tastes

New Model Army,Rammstein (AMAZING live!),Rory Gallagher,Sensational Alex Harvey Band,Type O Negative,The Byrds,Stabbing Westward,Rush (got tickets for Glasgow,last saw them Farewell to Kings tour),Hayseed Dixie,Sisters of Mercy,Nazareth,Yes,Jethro Tull,Chili Peppers,Hawkwind,Gong,Neil Young,Purple,Zep,etc etc.
Old 29-07-2004, 08:59 PM

I will admit to listening to Mike Oldfield when i need to relax.
also but led zep have song for evey mood i think.
been into them from a very early age learned to play stairway at 11. properly too.

Oh Kings X too sometimes. ty tabors solos are so mellow.
Old 29-07-2004, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyfp
I will admit to listening to Mike Oldfield when i need to relax.
also but led zep have song for evey mood i think.
been into them from a very early age learned to play stairway at 11. properly too.

Oh Kings X too sometimes. ty tabors solos are so mellow.

I like a bit of Kings X meself, got a couple of their albums.

I listen to all sorts of stuff, nearly always have (apart from a brief period when I got into heavy metal around the time of Judas Priest's 'Sin After Sin' album. When if it wasn't METAL it wasn't sh!t .... actually there was a lot of sh!t)

For many years now I've thought along the lines of

There's music I like
There's music I don't like
An' then there's the stuff I ain't heard yet.

It works for me

I've got me favorites - Steve Earle (bit obvious that ) an' Tom Waits, but I listen to loads of stuff.
Old 30-07-2004, 11:36 AM

Bloody hell Stevie, I never knew you liked Steve earl as well

Yeah I know its the lowest form of whit.