100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 30-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Chat Virgin

Default It makes you wonder.

This morning at around 5.30am, a 55yro biker, local to our area lost his life.
He rode his bike down a straight road, crossed a junction and into a hairdressers. He was riding in access of 80mph, the bike & rider went through the outside wall, and through at least 2 internal walls. We can see where it happened from our front door.
It makes you wonder what drives someone to a point that they would feel this was the only option.

RIP
Old 30-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Need to Get out More!

It's tragic when anyone feels this is the only option.
We had a self employed man in his late 50s who decided he couldn't go on reported in the local papers.
He was due at a job early in the morning but he didn't arrive. His wife phoned the police who then found his van parked at a local reservoir and he wasn't in it.
Well we could work out the rest.
His body turned up days later in the water.
I guess he just couldn't handle it anymore.

Strange how us older blokes get no help or support.
I've known two older guys who fell off the system and ended up homeless and dying. You don't seem to exist as a particular group to get any help?
Old 30-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Need to Get out More!

Life gets tough sometimes and then you find you're on your own....
Happened to me in 2003. 18 months after a bad smash with lifetime injuries I walked out on my wife and kids.
18 months of no sleep and chronic pain I became inhuman. Not safe to be around anyone.
So I became homeless and it's very easy to die (again) from there.
Old 31-05-2016, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator

The main thing is you found a way back, ok life maybe a hell of a lot different but you are still managing to live it.
Old 31-05-2016, 06:44 AM
Need to Get out More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
The main thing is you found a way back, ok life maybe a hell of a lot different but you are still managing to live it.
I certainly do Friar because I am not a quitter.
But I understand that some people can't handle their lives and seem to think thats the best option.
I believe life is a gift and its not up to you to decide when the game is over.
Life is a big game and its knowing that that helps.
We play the game and we laugh like hell at the idiocy of all of it.
Old 31-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Send a message via MSN to BikerGran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
It's tragic when anyone feels this is the only option.
Strange how us older blokes get no help or support.
I've known two older guys who fell off the system and ended up homeless and dying. You don't seem to exist as a particular group to get any help?
We had a 16 year old lad staying here as a lodger, he was with us 6 years and then he got a council flat. Shortly after that he got married to a much older woman and moved into her house. Two months later he was dead, he hanged himself.
We heard later that the had problems and she had told him to get out - his friends asked if he'd move back in with us but he told them we didn't have room. We did have a vacant room and would have had him back here, we loved that boy, but he never contacted us.
It wasn't a matter of lack of support with him, he just didn't tell anyone how bad he felt.

I'll never forget him because I never told him that I loved him as if he were my own because I knew he was trying to rebuild a relationship with his mum. I was wrong and I'll never cease to regret it, now I always tell people how much I love and value them.

Sorry for the long story but this thread touched a nerve.
Old 31-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Chat Virgin

Today, very regrettably, I heard some details about this. All I will say is, he wasn't wearing a helmet, and the two people who witnessed the immediate aftermath (both where on scene within a minute) will be seriously mentally scared for years. I know I would have been !
(I grew up in NI, and I've wrhnessed some nasty scenes)
Old 01-06-2016, 03:24 PM
Chat Virgin

And there's the reason !
The guy had been in a physiatric ward in the local hospital, despite both his daughters (18 & 19) insisting he wasn't ready, the hospital discharged him to free up beds.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philxs11 View Post
And there's the reason !
The guy had been in a physiatric ward in the local hospital, despite both his daughters (18 & 19) insisting he wasn't ready, the hospital discharged him to free up beds.
More crimes to add to lay at our governments door.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerGran View Post
We had a 16 year old lad staying here as a lodger, he was with us 6 years and then he got a council flat. Shortly after that he got married to a much older woman and moved into her house. Two months later he was dead, he hanged himself.
We heard later that the had problems and she had told him to get out - his friends asked if he'd move back in with us but he told them we didn't have room. We did have a vacant room and would have had him back here, we loved that boy, but he never contacted us.
It wasn't a matter of lack of support with him, he just didn't tell anyone how bad he felt.

I'll never forget him because I never told him that I loved him as if he were my own because I knew he was trying to rebuild a relationship with his mum. I was wrong and I'll never cease to regret it, now I always tell people how much I love and value them.

I understand your thinking that it would be better if he got back with his mum. We have a similar situation but hopefuly with a better ending. Two friends of ours are getting married. The parents are opposed to the marriage and are refusing to take part. So I have been asked to stand in. This is all because it is a lesbian relationship. I dearly hope the parents get sensible and the real father walks his daughter down the aisle. If not and I hope this makes you smile, I may have to walk both girls down the aisle.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
I understand your thinking that it would be better if he got back with his mum. We have a similar situation but hopefuly with a better ending. Two friends of ours are getting married. The parents are opposed to the marriage and are refusing to take part. So I have been asked to stand in. This is all because it is a lesbian relationship. I dearly hope the parents get sensible and the real father walks his daughter down the aisle. If not and I hope this makes you smile, I may have to walk both girls down the aisle.
It always amazes me that parents cannot accept who their children have become, especially if it doesn't fit into their way of thinking or lifestyle.... Good on you for helping to make their day one to remember.

My lady befriended a homeless guy who was camping in the local woods. She then found out that he was a brilliant painter and decorator and she used him to decorate her house and then took him in as a lodger. His big problem was alcohol and every penny he earned went on drink. We got him loads of work and I ran him around to his jobs in the car and he was doing well. He moved out of my friends house to live with a mate and the drinking got out of hand, he then fell for a woman that lived close by. He asked her if she would go out with him and she said no. Two hours later he hung himself in the woods nearby. We arranged for his funeral (on the council, as he was penniless) and got all his mates from the pub to attend. Later we took his ashes home to Scotland and scattered them in Bishop's Glen. He was a funny guy and a hard worker, just a shame that he was so fragile......
Old 04-06-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
It always amazes me that parents cannot accept who their children have become, especially if it doesn't fit into their way of thinking or lifestyle.... Good on you for helping to make their day one to remember.

My lady befriended a homeless guy who was camping in the local woods. She then found out that he was a brilliant painter and decorator and she used him to decorate her house and then took him in as a lodger. His big problem was alcohol and every penny he earned went on drink. We got him loads of work and I ran him around to his jobs in the car and he was doing well. He moved out of my friends house to live with a mate and the drinking got out of hand, he then fell for a woman that lived close by. He asked her if she would go out with him and she said no. Two hours later he hung himself in the woods nearby. We arranged for his funeral (on the council, as he was penniless) and got all his mates from the pub to attend. Later we took his ashes home to Scotland and scattered them in Bishop's Glen. He was a funny guy and a hard worker, just a shame that he was so fragile......
Another sad story, but you gave him a 2nd chance and also some happy times.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:51 PM
Need to Get out More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerGran View Post

I read every word BG and I know what you mean.
I've tried to live my life without creating any regrets but its not always possible. The collateral damage of things that happen in your life anyway is fairly widespread. But I can't change the past and what happened happened, everyone moves on.
Old 31-05-2016, 11:12 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philxs11 View Post
This morning at around 5.30am, a 55yro biker, local to our area lost his life.
He rode his bike down a straight road, crossed a junction and into a hairdressers. He was riding in access of 80mph, the bike & rider went through the outside wall, and through at least 2 internal walls. We can see where it happened from our front door.
It makes you wonder what drives someone to a point that they would feel this was the only option.

RIP

What a tragedy.