100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 30-04-2016, 10:47 AM
Chatter Box

Default 100% biker

I haven't posted for a while, but just got new issue through the door and thought I'd post some of my opinions on the mag, for what their worth.

Over the last few months I 've not enjoyed the mag as much, and I wasn't sure why. With this new issue I think I'm starting to know what I don't enjoy as much.

Now bear in mind this is just my opinion:

To many classic / vintage type bikes. , I know it's the current fashion, but to many cafe racers, and I just find the mag a bit bland at times.

To redress some balance, the mag is informative, polished and professional.

When I look at my post, I find I'm contradicting myself, but I don't enjoy the mag as much and I've read it since issue one. What do others think.
Old 30-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Jedi Chat Master

I can't speak about 100% Biker, but I have noticed that cafe racers conversions of older bikes has gone too far.
There are too many and only a small percentage are built well or very well.
I still like cafe racers, but it's a bit limited.
Old 30-04-2016, 11:40 AM
Chatter Box

yeah know what you mean about some of the bikes featured, thought the same myself. each to there own though im just not open enough to some of the new ideas in building and customs.
still a good mag (even though I didn't get the event guide mag with mine)
Old 30-04-2016, 12:30 PM
Chatter Box

Maybe that's what I'm picking up on, that I'm just not in tune with the current styles in the custom world. Some of the bikes look either unrideable or just poorly put together. I really don't like the current trend of cafe racers or the lifestyle fashions and trends that go with it. Maybe it's to much of that I'm picking up in the mag.
Old 30-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Send a message via MSN to BikerGran

I never get to see the mag nowadays - they used to have it in my local newsagents, and it always sold - I know that cos if I didn't buy it as soon as I saw it, there would be none left when I went in again!
But new people took over and they don't have it any more...

But my five penn'orth is that a lot of these bikes are built purely for looks, and not for riding. I blame all these TV progs that make building stuff look so easy.
Old 30-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Chatter Box

I always liked chops, bobbers and more street based customs and my tastes have never changed since the early days of me getting into bikes and reading BSH, AWOL etc.
I can appreciate the Vic Jeffords, Choppershack bikes etc, and I know they get ridden. I used to like Odges bikes, but the ones he's building now look to classic for my tastes.
Think the mag has lost some of its character, or maybe it's me not moving with the times. Still enjoying the 2 other bike mags I get though.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

I've just spent ages writing a monologue and the effing machine has logged out so I've lost all the input! Fuckit! I aint writing it again!

Suffice to say that Customizing is an evolution, and now the mag has had a new editorship (for sometime now I may add) it is inevitable that the style will change, with each change of a new leadership.