100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 04-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default Mick Berrill motorcycle shop

Based in northampton.

Are they good eggs, it be nice to know before buy from them
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 05-01-2013, 08:02 AM
Chatter Box

Location: Berkshire boy at heart, now living in sunny Northants

Very very old fashioned sort of bike shop, seem genuine enough on the few rare occasions that I have been in there.... I might be wrong but aint used em much

Making bad taste look good!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:49 AM

Not been in there for 10 years or more. Last time I went in there, the guy was a right miserable whinging fucker. Didn't like him at all. There again he probably didn't like me. Maybe I caught them on an off day.

They used to have some pretty decent stuff in there. Prices were ok and I had heard from others that service was pretty good. To be honest, when I lived in Northampton I don't think I heard anything that would have made me avoid them completely. Not heard any horror stories about them.

If you are in Northampton and need bike stuff. Have a word with Dave Barringer at "Northants V-Twin. I know him well, know his work very well and know for a fact that he is an all round good guy. Proper mechanic of very high standing.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post
They used to have some pretty decent stuff in there. Prices were ok and I had heard from others that service was pretty good. To be honest, when I lived in Northampton I don't think I heard anything that would have made me avoid them completely. Not heard any horror stories about them.
Chopper

Thanks mate good to know
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 05-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Chat Virgin

good people from what i remember sold jawa's cz's a crossers been around for ages ian kilner at revo's was a good bloke i worked at a bike breakers in northampton for a short while years ago "davrons" when i was 17 they bought there old stock of forks engines frames etc they were down st micheals rd i was dumped there for a week sorting it all out for the van trips there was loads of it up a down 2 flights of stairs! ian was really nice and the rest of em ncc blokes saw some nice builds going on about 2 years? later i went to the tt with my dad and he said hi at ramsey sprint i was suprised he rememberd me he let met and my dad sit on his drag bike a green fj1200? it was in bsh i had a sniff of the petrol (methonal?) they used it stank!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Chat Virgin

sorry to change the subject just mick berrils rung a bell and i thought of revo's my bike came from them so iv been told
Old 07-01-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt d View Post
good people from what i remember sold jawa's cz's a crossers been around for ages ian kilner at revo's was a good bloke i worked at a bike breakers in northampton for a short while years ago "davrons" when i was 17 they bought there old stock of forks engines frames etc they were down st micheals rd i was dumped there for a week sorting it all out for the van trips there was loads of it up a down 2 flights of stairs! ian was really nice and the rest of em ncc blokes saw some nice builds going on about 2 years? later i went to the tt with my dad and he said hi at ramsey sprint i was suprised he rememberd me he let met and my dad sit on his drag bike a green fj1200? it was in bsh i had a sniff of the petrol (methonal?) they used it stank!!!
Blimey, that brings back memories. Davrons was well known for being blody mean when it came to prices. I used to supply them with workshop consumables. The bloke in charge was called Alex. He had ears like the FA Cup handles. Great bloke that could drink for England.

Unfortunately the bloke that actually owned Davrons, was a complete asshole. Everybody hated him. Alex used to order stuff for himself and I would put it on the owners invoice. Daft twat never caught on. I needed a pair of calipers for my FJ and told Alex. Alex found me a pair of R1 blue dot calipers in return for another order of stuff he needed for hiw own work. I never got round to fitting the calipers as Ian Kilner gave me a pair that fitted perfectly. I still have the R1 calipers.

I was calling at Davrons one day when there was a bit of a flurry outside the shop. The pykies were on the hunt for something to steal. Everyone rushed around locking stuff up. All except the owner of Davrons, he had left a Yamaha Majesty outside. The pykies had it away. The owner was going nuts because nobody would go to the pykie camp and get it back. Couple of hours later the owner of Davrons saw the Majesty parked up. He jumped on it and managed to get it started just as the pykies saw him. He roared off with the pykies chasing him to get "Thier" scooter back!! The pykies chased him all round town, even up on the pavement. He managed to get as far as the cop shop, parked on the pavement and ran into the cop shop. While he was telling the cops about it, the pykies roared off on the scooter.

The owner of Davrons called the shop and told one of the guys to come and pick him up, then take him back to his nice new shiny car. All of us just sat there drinking tea and laughing at him. In the end he got a taxi back to where his car WAS!! The pykies had that as well. Horrible bastard went bust in the end.

Alex went off on his own and opened his own bike shop. I used to suply his workshop. Very sad, but the poor sod died soon after from liver cancer.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Chat Slut

Send a message via ICQ to Mash Send a message via Skype™ to Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post
If you are in Northampton and need bike stuff. Have a word with Dave Barringer at "Northants V-Twin. I know him well, know his work very well and know for a fact that he is an all round good guy. Proper mechanic of very high standing.
Dave's an absolutely top bloke...My only complaint is that its a bit far to go for a service
Outstanding service from Northants V-Twin as well...Alongside a cracking cup of tea