100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 27-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Chat Pimp

Default SS Thunderbolts - not, not the BSA

I guess this is the right forum area for this thread. My appologies if this has already been done to death out there.

The other day, myself and a non-biker friend were admiring a custom build down on the seafront. The bike had SS Thunderbolts tooled into the seat and also subtly included in the paintscheme. When asked why, I suddenly found myself noobishly stumped.
The engine was by S&S. But elsewise all I could think to say was that the owner may have some history of enforcement with a patch club, or was a nazi. Or both.
As I try to shake off the last of my noobie tendencies, I wondered if anyone could tell me if the SS T'bolts are suggestive of something else when it comes to motorcycle design.
I ask also, as it would seem strange that publications like 100% or American V or BSH with a somewhat live-and-let-live attitude would indirectly glorify something like white supremacy by picking out SS logos as a positive design statement on some of their featured bikes.
Old 27-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

I have my own thoughts on what this means I have always associated the flashes with Satans Slaves. I may be totally wrong but somebody in here will have the correct answer.

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club Glasgow

http://www.tomccglasgow.co.uk/
Old 27-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Banned

The ϟϟ has been around biking for decades. Look at many of the old 60/70's pics and your going to see ϟϟ Iron crosses and 卐 all over them. Maninly shock and awe effect. Although I believe there are patch clubs that use them for their own reasons. And who are we to argue it. Personally I couldnt give monkeys about the symbols and there was a bike a lil whille back featured in magazines covered in Nazi symbols and paintings. Not inadvertantly shown but blazenly. Again who cares. I used to but don't no more lifes too short.
Old 27-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

I don't see that it matters how someone chooses to paint their bike, the last time the nazis caused trouble was in 1945 and we thought we had beaten them, I was in the British Army of the Rhine in 1961 and to my disgust we were told we had to salute german officers if we saw them in the street..I didn't see any..Years later we joined the common market and the richest nation were the germans..most of the people who fought in the second world war are gone now and the germans are the leaders of europe..it seems as a race they got what they wanted..

So some youngster sticks a few symbols on his back or bike or gets tattooed my thoughts are he knows nothing of the past and maybe it is better that he doesn't..back in the 1940's that same lad would have had the union flag displayed..

We have other enemies now, we don't need to dig up old ones..

John.
Old 27-11-2012, 07:07 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

bob man pictures i think displayed the ss symbol,as a sighn of strengh and commitment,the ss were very good troops,it was the ss totumkoph division that was resposable for war crimes,dont tar every ss man with the sane brush,viking symbols are all the rage,they were the enemy once,i guess in a thousand years the ss symbol will be ok.in the end it does not matter what some one displays,its how they feel about the symbol,and how that makes them act.
Old 27-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Is it just me or is the O,P, poking a stick into the shit bucket and giving it a stir, [My appology's[fucin spelin] if you realy don't know] it's the owners bike and that person can put on it whatever they like be it chrome, matt black, or symbols of any sort if it fucks some off so be it cos it will make others smile

Fuck i'm getting grumpy in my old age Dai