100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 27-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Chatter Box

Default My projects

Keeps me busy...

First the Compbike, pretty much all home made in a shed, took three years so far and still not finished.

Next a simple rigid chop, with 127 El Bruto motor, 6 speed box, and decent brakes, taken from a Ducati 998. Its going to have a one off exhaust, oil tank forwards etc, not sure of the details yet, but its looking ok so far.

Last, my Merch 131 spent a lot of time on my mates new dyno over the winter. We filmed one of the early dyno runs on an iphone, aint too great, even with baffles, its too much for the mic. Its here on You tube

http://youtu.be/gJq4fZk--jI

It was clear the V&H exhaust would have to go, so now making a new system in stainless with one off conical megas, hope to have it all done by next week.
Attached Images

Old 27-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Chatter Box

coolies
Old 27-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Chatter Box

Default Forgot to mention

The pipes are being made by Saf at Not A Fridge. I got a new camera the other week, which can take moving piccies, so here's a quick tour of Saf's workshop, as I wander about trying out me new fancy camera... lots of weird stuff being built... I like the little white ducati cafe racer, in for new pipes and Turbo Yam GTS...

The black Harley Bobber at the start had been ridden in for some tidying up, someone beforehand had got the oil lines mixed up, its surprising how far a Harley will go without any oil in the motor ...

http://youtu.be/gwzmi75QUvU
Old 27-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Chatter Box

Default Couple more pics

Racing at Santa Pod on my Merch 120 (+NOS).. just doing a burn out during qualifying, and waiting for the light... won that one
Attached Images

Last edited by MisterB; 08-04-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 27-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Chat Slut

Looking good!
Old 27-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Excellent.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 29-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
BTW that bike is now on the road
ridden by the nutter Saf by any chance?
Old 29-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Chatter Box

How did you guess Yes its a bit different now, not quite finished yet but its otr.. I got to keep all the drag race stuff, air shifter, rear sets, exhaust system etc, so intend to build another big inch Evo racebike someday.
Attached Images

Last edited by MisterB; 18-04-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 29-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Chat Virgin

Default Help

I'm changing my bike from belt to chain I'm using a 530 chain fitting a bandit1200 rear wheel,the problem I've got is the transmission sprocket is hitting the reverse side of the primary case ,I can't get the case machined down as there's not enough meat on it the sprocket off set is 0.900 offset which is right for what I need my bike is a hayley 1450 dyna anyone got any ideas???????:
Old 29-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve abs View Post
I'm changing my bike from belt to chain I'm using a 530 chain fitting a bandit1200 rear wheel,the problem I've got is the transmission sprocket is hitting the reverse side of the primary case ,I can't get the case machined down as there's not enough meat on it the sprocket off set is 0.900 offset which is right for what I need my bike is a hayley 1450 dyna anyone got any ideas???????:
Depends how much clearance you need.. several options..

1) Move the rear wheel slightly off centre (with new spacers), say 5mm to 10mm, you wont notice the difference on the bike, an easy way of gaining some room.

2) Machine down the sprocket carrier and or the wheel itself, so the sprocket sits closer to the wheel centre.. depends how much clearance there is between the chain and tyre.

3) Fit a narrower tyre/wheel. Being a Dyna makes it more involved to fit wider tyres than say a Softail.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Chatter Box

Finally got around to taking off the heads, as I wanted to replace the pushrod covers and maybe paint the heads silver/grey. I hate opening up an engine that runs ok, turns out for good reason. It was all going to plan, when I hit a problem. The new lower push rod covers wouldn't fit over the old (none standard) inner cover. This was a surprise, as I'd assumed even aftermarket inners would be the same, since they cant be seen. But no. This stopped the work dead in its tracks. I've ordered new inner pushrod tubes, which have to come from Holland, no idea how long that will take.

The order didn't take long to arrive, so got busy cleaned and painted the heads, new pushrod covers, head bolts and rocker dome head nuts..

The paint was taking its time to cure, so helped it along with 30 mins at 80c..

Got this stainless starter button, think I'll fit it here, on the top motor mount, I may be able to fit the horn button there too, which will keep the wiring out of sight..
Attached Images

Last edited by MisterB; 08-05-2014 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Just an idea but as the starter and Gen have horizontal fins on the end rather than drill the sprocket cover some horizontal slots on the side might fit better visually rather than the vertical row of holes?
Old 13-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Send a message via MSN to BikerGran

I don't understand the reason for the drilling - is it cosmetic? If so - don't cos it's not an improvement (only my opinion of course).
Old 09-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Some post up in a foreign tongue that have now been deleted

just deleted mine as it made no sence with others gone

Nice work your doing
Old 15-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Chatter Box

The electrics tray is done now, and the rectifier bolted to its underside. I also made a stainless base to bolt to the seat unit, as it needed a bit more support. I still need to make another vertical piece which will bolt to the seat hump. Then the seat needs to be raised about 10mm as its resting on the shock mounts otherwise.
Attached Images

Last edited by MisterB; 08-04-2014 at 03:54 AM.