100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 27-02-2011, 10:05 PM
TektroG's Avatar
TektroG TektroG is offline
Type like a Twat Me...
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toulouse, France
Posts: 777
Default New bike for the missus

Looks like the missus is just about to land herself a spectacular new job, and to celebrate she's thinking of a new steed to transport herself to and from, and for our biking pleasure the rest of the time (i.e. I get to ride it too).

Current thoughts are along the lines of an 883 shitster or Bonneville, most likely new, or 2 yrs old sort of thing. I had a look and most like the look of the 883 Iron, but then I know bugger all about Harleys.

New they seem to be within a 100s of each other, but given we'll probably keep it for ages, which is the better bike? Btw she's had a licence for years but hasn't ridden in a while.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27-02-2011, 10:49 PM
John Hopkins's Avatar
John Hopkins John Hopkins is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tredegar, South Wales
Posts: 16,062
Default

I would think the Harley is probably the easiest for her to ride but she should take them both for a long test ride, it you are thinking of buying a new one this is the time to ride as many bikes as she can..fun..fun..fun..

John.
__________________
Beauty is skin deep; ugly goes right to the bone
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 28-02-2011, 01:20 AM
ChopperFXR's Avatar
ChopperFXR ChopperFXR is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somerset
Posts: 2,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TektroG View Post
Looks like the missus is just about to land herself a spectacular new job, and to celebrate she's thinking of a new steed to transport herself to and from, and for our biking pleasure the rest of the time (i.e. I get to ride it too).

Current thoughts are along the lines of an 883 shitster or Bonneville, most likely new, or 2 yrs old sort of thing. I had a look and most like the look of the 883 Iron, but then I know bugger all about Harleys.

New they seem to be within a 100s of each other, but given we'll probably keep it for ages, which is the better bike? Btw she's had a licence for years but hasn't ridden in a while.
Making comments like that about a bike you freely admit you know nothing about, just makes you look thick as fuck. If that is your opinion of Sportsters, maybe you should catch the fucking bus.

Chopper.
__________________
MADE IN ENGLAND.
MY COUNTRY RIGHT OR WRONG.


WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28-02-2011, 08:50 AM
mickturate's Avatar
mickturate mickturate is offline
Type like a Twat Me...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerset
Posts: 941
Default fukkin 'ell chop

that got to you somewheres eh?



ps. would that be the 'shortbus' BTW???


sportster v triumph:
my sportster now its had a good service & i've taken off most of the funky chicken bling off is a beaut, still not yet had the loooong ride on it but thats in the offing.

Last edited by mickturate; 28-02-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28-02-2011, 10:36 AM
kidhaf's Avatar
kidhaf kidhaf is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 1,141
Default

Triumph America or Speedmaster great bikes. Am biased I canny see beyond Triumph. Tried a few Harleys just not my thing cannot seem to get comfortable on them.
__________________
The Geek

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club Glasgow

http://www.tomccglasgow.co.uk/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 28-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Sounds like a fair swap!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-03-2011, 02:07 AM
Steve D Steve D is offline
Jedi Chat Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Seaford, East Sussex
Posts: 689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
Sounds like a fair swap!
My thoughts exactly.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 28-02-2011, 02:48 PM
ChopperFXR's Avatar
ChopperFXR ChopperFXR is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somerset
Posts: 2,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickturate View Post
that got to you somewheres eh?



ps. would that be the 'shortbus' BTW???


sportster v triumph:
my sportster now its had a good service & i've taken off most of the funky chicken bling off is a beaut, still not yet had the loooong ride on it but thats in the offing.

Just makes my shit itch when someone slates a bike that they know nothing about. It is usually people talking about a bike that they either do not own because they cannot afford it or they don't have that bike and wish that they did.

I have seen some fucking horrendous looking bikes, ridden and owned a few as well, yet when I have spoken to some of the owners they absolutely love them. Quite often for some pretty strange reasons.

Ducati's do nothing for me, never have. I borrowed one from a dealer just to try it out and see what all the fuss was about. Got to admit it was fun blasting round bends. I would not buy one as I just don't like the look of them or the way they sound. They have a very dedicated following. Just because I personally would not own one doesn't mean they are crap. Just not my choice of bike is all.


Chopper
__________________
MADE IN ENGLAND.
MY COUNTRY RIGHT OR WRONG.


WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 28-02-2011, 04:59 PM
John Hopkins's Avatar
John Hopkins John Hopkins is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tredegar, South Wales
Posts: 16,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post
Just makes my shit itch
Chopper
How do you scratch something like that..

John
__________________
Beauty is skin deep; ugly goes right to the bone
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 28-02-2011, 05:33 PM
harry's Avatar
harry harry is offline
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Taunton
Posts: 3,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
How do you scratch something like that..

John
Just wash you're hands afterwards.
__________________
si is does non opportunus vos postulo a maior pango
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 28-02-2011, 08:48 PM
TektroG's Avatar
TektroG TektroG is offline
Type like a Twat Me...
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toulouse, France
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post
Making comments like that about a bike you freely admit you know nothing about, just makes you look thick as fuck. If that is your opinion of Sportsters, maybe you should catch the fucking bus.

Chopper.
I think you might wanna ease up a little, you'll do yerself no good gettin wound up by something that was merely a turn of phrase. One used by certain members on this site who have forgotten more than I may ever know about Harleys.

And yes I am aware that you may fall into this category....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.