100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Default Maybe of some interest

Copy of an NABD related blog that may interest you....

http://forum.disabledbiker.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3962

Some years ago the NABD were approached by some people from the BBC who were involved in making the short film sections relating to different causes on Comic Relief day. They wanted a short piece about the NABD to include in the ‘Disabled People’ section of the programme.
We agreed to this and a dozen of us spent a long freezing-cold day filming in the Peak District for what was planned to be a thirty second piece of the five minute section to do with disabilities.

Some weeks later I had a call from the director saying that they were so pleased with the film and the positive image it portrayed of disabled people pro-actively helping each other that they were going to make it the lead two-minute feature of the disabilities section.
Obviously we were rather proud of this and happy to see the BBC moving away from the ‘pat the poor drooling cripple on the head’ type of image they had previously favoured when dealing with disability related charities. We wrote to all of our members and supporters and to the bike press encouraging people to support Comic Relief and to look out for our bit on the day.

The BBC sent me a video of the piece and our bit was set to the song “I Wasn’t Born to Follow” off the Easy Rider soundtrack. It was really impressive and showed disabled people reclaiming their independence and living life to the full (and looking cool doing it).

Then three days before Red Nose day I had another call from the BBC director saying “I’m really sorry about this Rick but we’ve had to edit the NABD piece out completely!” There had been a meeting to finalise the running order for Comic Relief and one of the presenters, a tenth rate media nobody called Emma Freud (daughter of the MP Clement Freud who’s only notable contribution to British society was a set of dog food adverts where he was up-staged by a baggy faced dog) had objected to our inclusion on the basis that “Comic Relief should not be associating itself with bikers” and the rest of them agreed so the piece was dropped.

It has pained me every year to see hundreds, if not thousands, of bikers getting involved in fund-raising for a charity that is controlled by people who so obviously despise bikers. I for one will never support such a cause in any shape or form and I urge all other bikers to take the same stand!

So please don’t send me any Red Nose related requests. As far as I’m concerned Comic Relief and the bigoted shite that control it can kiss my hairy arse!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Borg

Is someone going to tell him ?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg View Post
Is someone going to tell him ?
Nah let him read all of that forums answers properly. Some people jump in so fast I dunno what the worlds coming too , kids of today I blame the parents myself, it wernt like that when I was a lad.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Chatter Box

Its a cut and paste job, whoever he/she is they probably can't read anyway. Good first post though, resurrecting one that is still on the front page
Old 09-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Oooh fuggit first post sets the tone for a rather dismal FAIL.....

ah well let me introduce meself Am the geek from the Glasgow Triumph Owners Club . Been about bikes for way longer than is healthy have the mechanical skills of a nun I am more than capable of breaking any mechanical engine left alone with a spanner for anything over 10 seconds.......

Do the usual rallies Stormin Farmyard Quay Vipers Alba West and a few more in between all depending on finances........Ride a Triumph America after a short enforced break from riding.

Thanks for not tearing me a new one no doubt somebody in our club will see that and it will be "see that daft c*nts been at it again"

http://www.tomcc.org/gg/
Old 09-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhaf View Post
no doubt somebody in our club will see that and it will be "see that daft c*nts been at it again"

http://www.tomcc.org/gg/
Bound to happen,sods law.
Afternon by the way
Old 09-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Welcome to the forum, Kidhaf.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 09-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Borg

How do mate
Old 09-03-2009, 04:39 PM