View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty
I've never understood why, in the last few years, there's been loads of newish "designations" (for want of a better word) for clubs i.e RC, BC etc. Seems to be no different from an MCC as far as I can see.
A lot of RC's and BC's start as splitoffs from an MCC. Not saying every one is, but I can name quite a few...

As people get older and a club has been going for a few years, there will start to be cliques forming. Whereas in the beginning EVERYONE was rallying EVERY weekend - now some are rallying occasionally due to family, work or personal commitments.

Let this fester for a while, and eventually it will come to a head with 'No-one pulls their weight in this club any more we never get any club turnout trophies' and similar whingeing from the Still Rallying Every Weekend clique.

Alowed to fester some more unchecked - it will explode and the SREW clique will leave the MCC en masse and become a RC. And if / when the original MCC folds, there will be a few who Just Don't Want To Move On who will stick together and form a BC.

Meanwhile, 'Brotherhood' in the club name tends to generally pitch your tent in the middle ground between MCC and MC, so is best avoided if you don't want the politics that go with the camping ground...

Firedance Roadshow - www.firedance.biz