Thread: My projects
View Single Post
  #69  
Old 02-11-2011, 07:21 PM
MisterB MisterB is offline
Chatter Box
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 260
Default

Today fitted converted the 131 from belt to chain drive, all going ok till we came to the front pulley nut, we had a 1 7/8 socket, but that was no use with the output shaft being in the way, and we didnt have the correct HD tool either. So after trying out a couple of options, I had to buy a new socket, slice it in half and weld a tube between the two halves. Eventually the nut gave way, it was bloody tight. That done, we got the chain aligned ok, but we werent happy with the rear sprocket spacer, so having me mate Jeff make me a better version which will look and work better. While that was going on, I took the the stainless exhaust downpipes to be polished and started on a better support for the megas, as the original was made in a hurry and wasnt quite right.

Last edited by MisterB; 08-04-2014 at 02:41 AM.
Reply With Quote