View Single Post
Old 22-11-2009, 09:10 PM
harry's Avatar
harry harry is offline
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Taunton
Posts: 3,534

Originally Posted by 4_stroke View Post
The should be E marked to be legal. There will be a number moulded on the lens.

For general guidence the US spec is good a reference..

Stop Lamp: A stop lamp must be visible from a distance of not less than 300 feet to the rear in normal sunlight.

Tail Lamp: Tail lamps mounted on the rear which, when illuminated, shall emit a red light plainly visible from a distance of 1,000 feet to the rear.

If you want the UK version... check this out
installation of lighting and light-signalling devices on two or three-wheel motor vehicles

We love to make things complicated in Europe!
Only if you want to go for full type approval. MSVA is a bit easier so is UK lighting regs.

Check with Chris who is handilly stickied at the top of the these threads.
Reply With Quote