View Single Post
Old 30-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
Went out one afternoon, nice and sunny and rode out to the Saltbox, Biggin Hill to meet some friends. Stayed till late and it was frosty and muggins had not bothered with his gloves. Riding along holding one hand at a time next to the engine was bloody hard going, especially through the country lanes. My gloves ended the same as yours when, escaping a gang of Mods in Battersea Park, I rode over a small wall and found a 3 foot drop the other side. The exhaust pipe fell off and I picked it up with my gloves on and threw it straight into the sidecar. It was really scary for onlookers seeing the M21 throwing a foot long exhaust flame under the petrol tank..... Being young and stupid I thought it looked cool....
LOL! That's going back some, I had my first taste of bikes by being taken to the Saltbox ( i lived just down the road in Leaves Green as kid) by my neighbour across the road, I was probably about 10, mind you I am glad my first experience of being taken up the road on the back of my uncles Tunderbird, terified me a first! but didnt put me off.