View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
I worked at Universal Salvage for a short while, many moons ago, before it became Rockingham Motor Speedway! There was a commercial side to it over the road up Gretton Brooke Lane. So they sent me over there to de-identify the lorries, vans etc. It was quite a hot day, and I was stretching into a van trying to get at the vin plate with my feet astride a tyre. I kept hearing this hissing sound. I thought it was some fliud or air leaking out of the van system some how until I stepped off the tyre and looked down to see a dirty great big adder just about ready to strike! I jumped back just as it missed me! I bloody ran from there back to the cabin where the other blokes were having a Tea Break! The boss called me a wuss and told me to get back there! I told him to fuck off and sack me! He didn't coz he was short staffed as it was. I wasn't surprised at 3.50 and hour! in 1995...
Funnily enough I've been on that exact site because Mark who built my S/C Busa motor had a unit on there. Shame, he's gone now, he doesn't do bikes anymore and he doesn't drag race either.

But I will never forget the old scrapyard mud !!
Remember the cut hands and smashed knuckles which you couldn't feel until your hands thawed out?. Great times we had