View Single Post
Old 28-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Chat Virgin

Smile Newbie in the Forum

As you an see, I've just joined this group and have never really had much to do with forums but an introduction is suggested so here goes. I have been around bikes and bikers all my life with my father a sometime dispatch rider in the forces. My brothers and sister all favoured the rough and ready biker rather then the washed clean somewhat prissy look of the 'mod'. So that establishes my generation! I was a pillion rider for many years then a period of unemployment pushed me to 'building my CV'. I don't think the advisor thought getting my bike licence was appropriate, but Jez, it made me feel good! I loved riding so when illness made doing it difficult for me (and a little risky for anyone else on the road) I thought my riding days were over. Then I saw a trike and I fell in love, again. As a teenager I wanted to be a sidecar racer. As time passed, I thought a trike would be my thing. So, finally, I got my dream. I have been to Switzerland, France, Spain and hope to add Holland, Denmark and Sweden next year. I am a member of the Women's International Motorcycle Association and arrange meeting, trips, ride outs and Ride ins for women in the South. So, that's me. I hope to get to know as many of you as poss!