Thread: Scab
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
Maybe you should consider buying a second bike for those times when you need a ride but can't manage the big one..I sometimes ride one of my VT700's because they handle like a pushbike..and a quick ride takes your mind off mere pain..Yesterdays 90 mile ride was just to get a cup of tea or coffee somewhere..

John.
Yeah, thanks for that John.

Seen the consultant today. I have one detached muscle, one badly torn tendon and one trapped nerve. Believe me, just tucking my shirt into my jeans is a challenge and very painful.

Saw the consultant this morning and she has referred me to the surgeon. That means he should get the consultants report some time next week via internal mail. (His office is just next door). Then his department will write to me with an appointment. That should take about 3 weeks to arrive. About 6 - 8 weeks wait to see him. Once I have seen him, I will be put on the waiting list for surgery. Waiting time for such surgery is currently running at 14 - 16 months. (All of this is what the consultant told me). I almost felt sorry for her as she was telling me what the score is at the moment. By all accounts, the only way I will get seen and have the operation any quicker, is if my shoulder suddenly gets worse, as I will then be classed as an emergency.

Hopefully in about two years I will be able to use my arm again. Needless to say, I am not exactly a happy chap at the moment.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.