View Single Post
Old 29-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Default Those Lying Cliches

I have a mate who no matter what happens has a shitty cliche for it so it got me to thinking whats the truth behind some of these cliches....or am I just being Calvinisticaly cynical...

I can't complain. Yes you can.

It can't get any worse. It can ALWAYS get worse.

It's all good.No, it's not. Nothing ever is.

You can't blame a guy for trying. Untrue.

That's just your opinion. When we talk about favorite colors, yes. Otherwise, doubtful.

There's no business like show business. Either admit that's untrue or admit that everything is unique in its own piddling little way.

You never know. Ridiculously untrue, and probably a huge reason for your general confusion in life.

What goes up must come down. Unless it leaves orbit, in which case you should expect to never see it again.

Itís not your fault. Actually, it is, and so was the time before.

It will be worth it. Thatís my call not yours.

I know how you feel. Thatís not even logical. At best, youíre only guessing.

Maybe I do... maybe I don't. You do.

Different strokes for different folks. Tell it to the judge, catfucker.

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet Yeah, and that friend you haven't met yet might murder your children and eat them.

All men are created equal Prove it.

Get busy living, or get busy dying. Tell that to the comatose.

Take that with a pinch of salt. Why not just say "Caution, this is probably bullshit"?

This won't hurt a bit. Really? Then why mention it?

It was an ill-fated idea. No, it was just a bad idea. Fate had nothing to do with it.

I'm not able to make head or tail of it if it's an alligator or shark you're dealing with, you'll figure it out fairly quickly

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club Glasgow

http://www.tomccglasgow.co.uk/