100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shows and Meets (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rally Venues (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5540)

excalibur 06-04-2005 12:54 PM

Rally Venues

At some point most of us will have ridden round for miles trying to find a suitable venue for a rally or party. Would it possible to have a sticky thread on here where everyone can post details of places they have found/used to help the rest of us planning to put on an event?

100%Pat 06-04-2005 12:55 PM

you've just started it... I've stickied this... :p

excalibur 06-04-2005 01:29 PM

Thanks for that Pat
Well I had better start it off then

The Black Horse at Sommercotes, North Notts. It was the venue for the first Perverts in Leather rally and the Buxom Sisters may ball a few years back. We had our rally there a few times until it changed hands. Well after a year or so not hosting rallies the present landlords are letting rallies go ahead again. We had our Xmas party there and they seem a great couple. Free function room and late bar camping etc etc

hardtailbiker 06-04-2005 02:33 PM

The Navigation pub in London road, Derby is looking to host small rallies/parties

saxman 06-04-2005 02:43 PM

the t595 site hold their annual bash here...
http://www.pub-explorer.com/derbyshi...msscropton.htm

seems to be rally friendly.

mark4x4 08-04-2005 12:53 AM

the station hotel newstead village notts ! plenty of land round it for camping, big in side and land ladys up for it ( bike rallys that is ) lol :)

toots&purple 09-04-2005 10:08 AM

Newstead

That Newstead spot,would be a brill site, :rolleyes: Abby Rally maybe,chance there for someone,lots land,big pub.Ask Mark4x4 for more details,brill idea we think. :cool:

Mad Dog 09-04-2005 11:14 AM

As I tend to plan ahead, I have been reading the Licensing Act 2003 which comes into effect on the 1st November 2005

Some of us are in for a shock.

Strider 09-04-2005 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Dog
As I tend to plan ahead, I have been reading the Licensing Act 2003 which comes into effect on the 1st November 2005

Some of us are in for a shock.

I'm awaiting the results of an interview for Senior licencing officer ...... hee hee

Not your neck of the woods tho MD

Mad Dog 09-04-2005 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strider
I'm awaiting the results of an interview for Senior licencing officer ...... hee hee

Not your neck of the woods tho MD

yeah, I had noticed you were trying for that, good luck.
Didn't know you were into licencing.

have a good look at the new Licence styles:-

Personal
Premesis
Club
T.E.N

and then consider how you license an entertainment event for more than 499 people in a field that you don't own.

answers on a postcard.

Jim 11-04-2005 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark4x4
the station hotel newstead village notts ! plenty of land round it for camping, big in side and land ladys up for it ( bike rallys that is ) lol :)

As long as you're quite when leaving cos my Gran lives a few hundred yards down the road and she'll be out telling off you noisy bikers if she's not happy !

mark4x4 18-04-2005 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim
As long as you're quite when leaving cos my Gran lives a few hundred yards down the road and she'll be out telling off you noisy bikers if she's not happy !

prob bollocked me already, :D

Captain Smurf 18-04-2005 11:30 AM

Pub in East Yorkshire

I was at a pub near Hull a few weeks ago for my sisters's wedding.

Chatting to landlord, turned out he's just done his CBT, brother's a biker and he'd like to host rallies.

Good beer and food - small area for camping, but a large car park.

Gonna pop in during the week and have a proper look around and ask him seriously about rallies (I was rather drunk when I was talking to hime before)

The Pipe & Glass Inn, West End, South Dalton, Beverley, North Humberside HU17 7PN Tel: 01430 810246

Captain Smurf 25-04-2005 08:14 PM

Venue In South Lincs

The Anchor Inn

Church End, Friskney,

Lincs

PE22 8NB

Tel: 01754 820212

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...e=10000&icon=x

100%Pat 26-04-2005 08:10 AM

As above advertised in this issue of 100% Biker...

Captain Smurf 26-04-2005 11:19 AM

Ahhhh - but I put a map link in :p

(p.s. Looks like I'm gonna be busy at the Wozwolf Rally this year :rolleyes: )

mr.chaz 26-04-2005 01:46 PM

I know of a man down the road who's got about 5 acres and a barn he's gonna fit out as a bar / party room- some of the field will be used for camping etc once it's tidied up a little.
May take a while ( not until next year) but it's nicely tucked away down the back lanes , but within walking distance of little village pub / shops etc.

Will keep you informed ...... ;)

Blade 03-05-2005 10:02 AM

Small rally venue

I've got a pub out in the sticks between Worcester & Birmingham. We have 12 ensuite rooms, and camping for about 20 tents. Also large carpark, small function room & outside patio.
Obviously biker friendly.
Four real ales on at any time (Cask Marque & CAMRA rated). Carling & Stella for the lager boys and Strongbow and Old Rosie for the cider drinker!

Would suit small rally or club party.

See www.themanorarms.co.uk

Otter 03-05-2005 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade
Four real ales on at any time (Cask Marque & CAMRA rated). Carling & Stella for the lager boys and Strongbow and Old Rosie for the cider drinker!

And single malts for the whiskey drinkers

(And even some of that whisky for the heathens)

Cook1e 15-08-2005 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur
Thanks for that Pat

The Black Horse at Sommercotes, North Notts. It was the venue for the first Perverts in Leather rally and the Buxom Sisters may ball a few years back. We had our rally there a few times until it changed hands. Well after a year or so not hosting rallies the present landlords are letting rallies go ahead again. We had our Xmas party there and they seem a great couple. Free function room and late bar camping etc etc

Is this still right? I heard they knocked it down for houses recently ( I may be wrong)

excalibur 17-08-2005 09:37 AM

I dont think so cookie....we had our Christmas Party there in March and it was still standing then :)

teflon 03-09-2005 02:44 PM

Quote:

Christmas Party there in March :confused:

Mind you, could be closer to the REAL birthday of Christ as 25th December - think that's actually a corruption of Mithriast and the winter solstice, TBH - I mean, if we measure the years from the 'birth of Christ', as in Anno Domini AD like, then how come, 'New Year' is a week after his supposed 'birthday' eh?

Shaun the Fatman 04-09-2005 04:12 AM

Quote:

I've got a pub out in the sticks between Worcester & Birmingham. We have 12 ensuite rooms, and camping for about 20 tents. Also large carpark, small function room & outside patio.
Obviously biker friendly.

Would suit small rally or club party.

See www.themanorarms.co.uk

Sod holding a Rally, I wanna move in.

Anyway, in the Ripley area of Derbyshire: Try Lumb Farm (actually a pub and health club and restaurant) in Marehay, lots of Bike meets, parties and rallies held there, but possibly a bit overexposed on that front... one of the reasons our mates in the Ribcrackers have decided to hold the Run To the Sun Rally at Catton Hall at the end of September.

(For gawds sake don't book Catton Hall for anything, they'll thump me for giving the game away)

atonydins 12-09-2005 09:59 PM

Fighting Cocks

[QUOTE=excalibur]At some point most of us will have ridden round for miles trying to find a suitable venue for a rally or party.

Fighting Cocks is not a norfolk pastime !!!
but a good pub at winfarthing Near Diss, Huge field and biker friendly.
Pheasant plucker MCC and Look Up rally site.
Contact Allan on 01379 643283

pete lee 12-10-2005 05:00 AM

brilliant campsite "the peak gateway" in osmaston derbyshire seperate function room, bar and camping fields for the rally plus all facilities for camping, showers ,cheap all day food.5 mins walk from ashbourne so very central plenty car park space as well

Cook1e 26-10-2005 10:22 AM

The Victoria Hotel

Run by bikers, this very large public house has its own function room with its own separate bar and facilities.
Bikers are welcome to stay over, but there is no camping.
Well worth a drop by and a chat with Steve over a real ale.
http://www.pub-explorer.com/olpg/the...otel/staveley/

ADDRESS

Lowgates, Staveley, Chesterfiled, Derbyshire S43 3TT

slingshot 31-10-2005 07:28 PM

3 Horseshoes, nr Huntingdon

3 Horseshoes, Gt Stukely, nr Huntingdon. Is right near the A14 but still in a village so no free-range chav population, nor any local noise vigilantes either. :D

Was the venue for Rat & Survival 2005 - has a good sized camping field plus a small back room for parties.

bigg 09-12-2005 01:46 PM

Pentney Abbey just outside Kings Lynn loads of camping space medieval baquet food available and the owners are up for it.

mark4x4 10-01-2006 01:12 AM

Quote:

Thanks for that Pat

the shoulder of mutten bike club meet there now wednesdays now theres a new land lord, havent been in yet but been told there having some good nights and partys :D

Gravs brain 10-01-2006 02:09 AM

Quote:

looks like a load of tits to me.