100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Workshop (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Mothers alloy polish (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51768)

HOS 29-01-2018 03:27 PM

Mothers alloy polish

1 Attachment(s)
Or Muvva's as we all it.
Its an easy polish to use on polished alloy.
No abrasives in it, I don't know how it works but it does.
Minimal effort and time to get ya bling back up to bling.

spyderider 29-01-2018 03:53 PM

Hos, I've used Peek for ages with what I consider a good finish that stays shiny for a long time. Have you by any chance compared the two. (Don't like solvol autosol cos the fine scratches it leaves behind)

HOS 29-01-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyderider (Post 666262)
Hos, I've used Peek for ages with what I consider a good finish that stays shiny for a long time. Have you by any chance compared the two. (Don't like solvol autosol cos the fine scratches it leaves behind)

No I haven't used Peek but I will keep an eye out for it online. I'll give it a try.
Totally agree about Autosol, its not good on polished alloy. You cannot get the fine abrasive marks out no matter how much you buff it up.
The Muvva's needs very little effort to get a high quality finish.

Friar Tuck 30-01-2018 06:52 AM

I've tended to use autosol, mainly because I've hardly polished ali, but when I get Homer back on the road I'll look out for this stuff. How dear is it?

Tricky-Dicky 30-01-2018 10:15 AM

Think I'll stick with solvol...my eyes are not good enough to notice the fine scratches anyway.;)

HOS 30-01-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 666291)
I've tended to use autosol, mainly because I've hardly polished ali, but when I get Homer back on the road I'll look out for this stuff. How dear is it?

It's a bit more at 8 a tub, that's what I paid but it's on sale at up to 12. Autosol is between 4 to 6 usually.
However a tiny bit of muvva's goes a long way.
Ive used Autosol for decades and had black finger syndrome many times.

spyderider 30-01-2018 01:08 PM

Cost is under 4 a tube mail order. Oddly enough it seems to have something in it which means I don't have to polish so often . Not touched my half used sol auto since I found this. It gets tar off the paintwork as well ! I'm a convert.( not connected in way either)

Tricky-Dicky 30-01-2018 03:53 PM

From what I remember from years ago when I last used it, it contains a wax to help protect the polished surface......but you can do the same by mixing wax paste to Solvol.;)

strima 30-01-2018 04:15 PM

I use Belgom, that also has a wax in it to preserve the finish.

Friar Tuck 31-01-2018 05:22 AM

Belgom? Sounds like a nasty chewing gum!...

Friar Tuck 31-01-2018 05:29 AM

Funny thing is, when I used to work for Trend Marine, I was repsonsible for buying ALL the polishing equipmet for FIVE polishing shops spread over four factories! I used to get loads of samples of polishes, polishing wheels, cloths, hax chem suits (still got a dozen or so tyveks!). Never managed to blag a head filter set though. So when it comes to actual hard polishing on a wheel set up I've learnt the skills Although badly! Needs a lot of practise but I've got the equipment! Makes a fucking mess everywhere though!

Tricky-Dicky 31-01-2018 10:33 AM

Very useful to have a motor and mop set up, I would be lost without mine.