100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Biker Chat (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Respro Bandit face mask (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51744)

HOS 26-12-2017 09:37 PM

Respro Bandit face mask

I had one of these for years until it got threadbare.
Just had one for Christmas in plain black and I recommend them.
You need to be able to fasten the tie ends behind your neck.
They have an inbuilt filter layer for pollution.
The thick alloy nose clip sits tight on the bridge of your nose and the draw string
pulls it tight under your chin. I wear mine inside a full face lid with comfort.
Open face lid should be no problem.

http://respro.com/store/product/bandit-scarf

Friar Tuck 27-12-2017 05:32 AM

Not my cup of tea

Sir Ewok 27-12-2017 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 665866)
Not my cup of tea

Nor me, used to wear the old silk scarf round my face when I was younger......:cool:

Friar Tuck 28-12-2017 05:33 AM

Was that when you was rear gunner for Biggles?

Sir Ewok 28-12-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 665882)
Was that when you was rear gunner for Biggles?

No, Ginger was a Rear Gunner, I was the Bomb Aimer..... Biggles was a twat, always in the shower with Ginger, so much so that some people called him Ginger Beer, can't think why though......:eek:

Friar Tuck 29-12-2017 05:49 AM

So who the f*** was Algy then?

HOS 29-12-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ewok (Post 665873)
Nor me, used to wear the old silk scarf round my face when I was younger......:cool:

I wore silk inner glovers under my leather gloves on the coldest winter days.

Sir Ewok 29-12-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 665909)
So who the f*** was Algy then?

Algy was the mid-upper gunner, when he flew a threesome.....:o

Sir Ewok 29-12-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 665918)

I remember the silk liners, very warm for such a thin fabric......:D

Strider 29-12-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 665918)

Tried them when I was younger ........... absolute rubbish made no difference at all (at least not for me)

Tricky-Dicky 29-12-2017 07:10 PM

I can remember when I was a youngster I rode a 250 oilfield in all weathers and my very thick hide gloves where permanently partially closed simply because I used to hang down and put either hand around the pipe to try and warm them up.

Friar Tuck 30-12-2017 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ewok (Post 665920)
I remember the silk liners, very warm for such a thin fabric......:D

You're just a perv....

Sir Ewok 30-12-2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricky-Dicky (Post 665929)
I can remember when I was a youngster I rode a 250 oilfield in all weathers and my very thick hide gloves where permanently partially closed simply because I used to hang down and put either hand around the pipe to try and warm them up.

Went out one afternoon, nice and sunny and rode out to the Saltbox, Biggin Hill to meet some friends. Stayed till late and it was frosty and muggins had not bothered with his gloves. Riding along holding one hand at a time next to the engine was bloody hard going, especially through the country lanes. My gloves ended the same as yours when, escaping a gang of Mods in Battersea Park, I rode over a small wall and found a 3 foot drop the other side. The exhaust pipe fell off and I picked it up with my gloves on and threw it straight into the sidecar. It was really scary for onlookers seeing the M21 throwing a foot long exhaust flame under the petrol tank..... Being young and stupid I thought it looked cool....:eek:

Sir Ewok 30-12-2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 665931)
You're just a perv....

How did you guess.......:rolleyes:

HOS 30-12-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strider (Post 665924)
Tried them when I was younger ........... absolute rubbish made no difference at all (at least not for me)

Everyone used to swear blind that wearing silk inner gloves kept your hands warm, I could never tell because my hands were always freezing cold.

Tricky-Dicky 30-12-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ewok (Post 665937)
Went out one afternoon, nice and sunny and rode out to the Saltbox, Biggin Hill to meet some friends. Stayed till late and it was frosty and muggins had not bothered with his gloves. Riding along holding one hand at a time next to the engine was bloody hard going, especially through the country lanes. My gloves ended the same as yours when, escaping a gang of Mods in Battersea Park, I rode over a small wall and found a 3 foot drop the other side. The exhaust pipe fell off and I picked it up with my gloves on and threw it straight into the sidecar. It was really scary for onlookers seeing the M21 throwing a foot long exhaust flame under the petrol tank..... Being young and stupid I thought it looked cool....:eek:

LOL! That's going back some, I had my first taste of bikes by being taken to the Saltbox ( i lived just down the road in Leaves Green as kid) by my neighbour across the road, I was probably about 10, mind you I am glad my first experience of being taken up the road on the back of my uncles Tunderbird, terified me a first! but didnt put me off.

Friar Tuck 31-12-2017 06:37 AM

Wasn't there a Saltbox or Saltpot Cafe on the A38 somewhere, in Derby I think?

HOS 31-12-2017 11:27 AM

Crazy Daisy's was the most famous local biker cafe on the A45 just east of Cov.
I never went there myself before it got burned down. Its stayed burned down for a very long time.

Sir Ewok 31-12-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 665948)
Wasn't there a Saltbox or Saltpot Cafe on the A38 somewhere, in Derby I think?

No idea, the club I belonged to only met at Biggin Hill. The clubhouse was a military (wooden hut) with a 25 KG bomb as a doorstop. It was not far from the entrance to the RAF airfield and the civilian one next door which we used as a dragstrip......:D

HOS 31-12-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ewok (Post 665960)
No idea, the club I belonged to only met at Biggin Hill. The clubhouse was a military (wooden hut) with a 25 KG bomb as a doorstop. It was not far from the entrance to the RAF airfield and the civilian one next door which we used as a dragstrip......:D

That sounds a lotta fun :cool: