100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Down The Pub (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Blind pratt. (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51678)

tetlee 09-09-2017 04:27 PM

Blind pratt.

Knock on the door at 16.35 today...

" Er excuse me, I've just knocked your bike over, I didn't see it "
" What, how? It's the size of a small car
" I was reversing into the parking bay"
(bike is parked nose to kerb between parked cars in a designated parking bay)

" I'll pay if it's damaged".....
" You can be certain of that pal"
Mirrors twisted on stalks but no visible damage, no scrapes, bike was under an 'Oxford' heavy duty cover..a bright reflective cover at that!!!!

The God's took their revenge on him though, big dent rear offside wing area of his Japanese go kart. :mad:

Strider 09-09-2017 04:55 PM

Well at least he had the good grace to actually knock on the door ............. there's many that would have just fucked off, so give him a little credit

tetlee 09-09-2017 05:16 PM

He's a nearby resident and the Guzzi must have gone down with a crash because when I went out there was an audience. So being cynical, he had no option but to tell me. Hopefully the shock will make him more observant as to what's behind him before he reverses in future, many kids are a lot less visible than a freakin' great Guzzi.

Friar Tuck 14-09-2017 06:29 AM

As Strider said at least he owned up. Maybe the crowd formed hoping for a punch up....

Biker Buster 15-09-2017 07:55 AM

Ah, the driver that assumes because it's easier than looking.

tetlee 15-09-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker Buster (Post 664963)
Ah, the driver that assumes because it's easier than looking.

His usual routine I suspect...:D

Nice enough bloke, an office worker not yet into middle age, over weight, rotund, no neck and no flexibility. I've watched him park since shunting my bike, he can't turn his head beyond about 60 degrees so no chance of a quick shoulder check.
Rear mud guard is the old swoopy pressed steel job and now has a crease across it. Fortunately partly hidden because it's down by the number plate. Straightened as best I can. Ah well, not the end of the world, just a pain in the arse because I've had the bike since new in 1997 and have managed not to throw it up the road or damage it. Could have been a lot worse. :rolleyes:

Sir Ewok 15-09-2017 01:14 PM

I had one like this a few years back. We went to visit friends and parked outside their house and after going in, all of a sudden their was a crunch from the street. The old fart across the street had reversed out and hit my parked car stoving in the rear door (it was an Astra, so not too small). He then had the cheek to say it was my fault, presumably because I had parked in his normal revering area. I reminded him that mirrors were a requirement not an option. His insurance paid up but I think he gave up driving........

SS2 18-09-2017 12:11 PM

Car reversed into my bike years ago when I was picking up a parcel for work. I went steaming out full of hell and Billy Hardy (British and Commonwealth boxing champ) got out the car. So I calmed down:o:o and he was very nice about it, paid for whatever he'd broke, just the tail light I think and went on his way. Nice fella:D