100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Biker Chat (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Multi Bike Insurance Recommendations (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51666)

vmaxdude 20-08-2017 07:17 AM

Multi Bike Insurance Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company that does a multi bike insurance policy?

One bike is fairly customised and the other is standard at the moment :D

Just trying to plow through the internet and personal recommendation is always useful

Cheers!

Martin

tetlee 20-08-2017 09:39 AM

I've been with Carole Nash Insurance Company since the last Ice Age, so making comparisons about costs with other companies is pointless, because of my no claims bonus, wrinkly related discounts, etc: but I've got two non customised bikes and a 4x4 insured with them all on one policy.

What I can comment on is their break down policy for bikes..broke down in the wilds of North Essex on a Sunday and was home with the bike on the Sussex Coast in under 4 hours. Impressed, very good firm they use for collection/rescue, they're bikers themselves with a proper van, tail lift, bike well protected and secured etc:

I've never had a claim with CN so I can't comment whether they turn bandit over money matters arising from any claims.

SS2 20-08-2017 10:01 PM

I had a claim with them about 12 year ago and they were spot on. Dunno about now like. They've been cheapest for me for the last few years too but haven't always been. If you're not a bad risk you get fully comp cover for your mates bikes too, which is useful.

vmaxdude 22-08-2017 07:25 AM

After spending too much time on the phone yesterday I have come to the conclusion that multi bike policies are a waste of time (for me at least)
Cheaper to take out separate policies and move the no claims onto the newer bike

Carol Nash win the prize for the most expensive quote�� Needless to say they didn't get the business.
500 more than BikeSure. They actually phoned me to ask if I was going to take up their quote, when I told the guy how much they were out by he agreed that was a no brainer and apologised for wasting my time which was unexpected.

tetlee 22-08-2017 08:19 AM

Yep, always difficult to pin down best offers for insurance.

"Carol Nash win the prize for the most expensive quote 500 more than BikeSure."

500..That's more in total, than I pay for multi bike, car, European cover and breakdown, all fully comprehensive cover.
So it's a very individual search through all the different companies.

SS2 22-08-2017 11:26 AM

No good trying to weigh them up, or get advice from others on price really. Like Tetlee says it's very individual. For years CN came in really cheap for me and Bennetts were really cheap for my wife, while Bennetts were a fortune for me and CN a fortune for her. Odd! Then all of a sudden CN went really expensive for me for a few years and Bennetts became competitive :confused:

I don't bother with Multi-Bike either. Got one through CN and another through Peter James. Works out the same price and the benefits are better with the two seperate policies.

Friar Tuck 23-08-2017 03:58 AM

You should always try your local insurance broker first. They do all the legwork so to speak and usually end up just as competitive as the direct insurance companies.