100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Hi <WAVES> from Birmingham (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51659)

xRavenx 27-07-2017 12:23 PM

Hi <WAVES> from Birmingham
 
Hi peeps, how the devil are you all?

Well what can I say, I'm from the east of Birmingham, been riding since I was 16 with a few breaks here and there. Been off the road now since 2010 but hoping to get my ride back on the road before the year is out.

Don't be shy, say hi xx

tetlee 27-07-2017 01:02 PM

Hello and welcome. A few breaks!!!:eek: Not bones I trust. ;)

xRavenx 27-07-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetlee (Post 664521)
Hello and welcome. A few breaks!!!:eek: Not bones I trust. ;)

No, there's been no bone breaks lol. Breaks from being on the road :)

Tricky-Dicky 27-07-2017 02:36 PM

Welcome fella, i have also just got back in the saddle after giving up bikes in 2001.

xRavenx 27-07-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricky-Dicky (Post 664523)
Welcome fella, i have also just got back in the saddle after giving up bikes in 2001.

Hey fella? I'm a lady lol, well I try sometimes ;)

Tricky-Dicky 27-07-2017 06:16 PM

My apologies, welcome Madam/Ms/Miss/Mrs or whatever designation you choose (cant be too careful in these day of out of control PC);)

We are a bit of an eclectic mix of old farts here and not much for standing on ceremony, unless there is beer involved:D, if you just treat us like an annoying brother a am sure we will all get along famously.:)

miniondave 27-07-2017 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRavenx (Post 664522)
No, there's been no bone breaks lol. Breaks from being on the road :)

You been a norty biker ??

Welcome in.

A lady might just add a bit of class around here.

xRavenx 28-07-2017 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricky-Dicky (Post 664527)
We are a bit of an eclectic mix of old farts

Hey I'm in my late 40's so can I join you in being an old fart? :D But seriously, no worries not a problem lol :p

Friar Tuck 28-07-2017 06:14 AM

Greetski vrom Lincolngrad! Da!

Wimmin biker? Hell whatever next?

Welcome Raven, I must say it will be a lovely change to listen to someone new. Maybe we'll get a bit of culture. Now fellas you will have to mind your P's & Q's from now on......

Friar Tuck 28-07-2017 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miniondave (Post 664529)
You been a norty biker ??

Welcome in.

A lady might just add a bit of class around here.

God we need it around here.....lol!

xRavenx 28-07-2017 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miniondave (Post 664529)
A lady might just add a bit of class around here.

Thank you. I'm not too sure about being able to add a little class, I'll try my best but I can see already it's going to be a bit of a toughie that one :D

Friar Tuck 28-07-2017 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRavenx (Post 664532)
Hey I'm in my late 40's so can I join you in being an old fart? :D But seriously, no worries not a problem lol :p

You aint met Ewok yet!.......

SS2 28-07-2017 11:40 AM

Wotcher Raven, What you riding then? We likes bikes (a bit) :D

xRavenx 28-07-2017 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SS2 (Post 664543)
Wotcher Raven, What you riding then? We likes bikes (a bit) :D

I thought you might like the odd bike, or two, some have many more lol. Here's mine though, a 1981 Honda CB650c American import :D

xRavenx 28-07-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 664536)
You aint met Ewok yet!.......

Oh dear lol, So who is this Ewok then lol :D

xRavenx 28-07-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 664533)
Greetski vrom Lincolngrad! Da!

Wimmin biker? Hell whatever next?

Welcome Raven, I must say it will be a lovely change to listen to someone new. Maybe we'll get a bit of culture. Now fellas you will have to mind your P's & Q's from now on......

Wimmin bikers? Is this a mens only club? jk lol

Don't worry about the Ps & Qs lol, heard enough in my time :D

tetlee 28-07-2017 03:43 PM

Nice bike Raven... Comstar wheels! Now there's a blast from the past...:D

xRavenx 28-07-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetlee (Post 664550)
Nice bike Raven... Comstar wheels! Now there's a blast from the past...:D

Thanks, I have a spare engine (just in case she blows) for her too that I managed to pick up a few years back. I would've prefered the spoked wheels though. As far as I believe everything on it is original apart from the exhausts, mirrors (I have the originals) and the sissy bar.

She handles really well too, probably due to the Avon Venoms I had fitted. Tons of grip on corners and with these tyres I've had it almost as low as the foot rest but wasn't brave enough to all out on the sparks lol. She'll also red line all the way through to the needle stop which I believe is in excess of 14,000 revs. I don't know though as the clocks on these only read as far as 10k. But yes, she'll definitely red line without screaming at me to stop lol :D

tetlee 28-07-2017 06:49 PM

I was being weaned off British bikes and had the ancestor of your bike (engine), a Honda CB500/4 about 1972-3. Then they grew the engine to 550 then later 650. :)

Still don't think the Jap rice burners will catch on though...http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/happ...y-smiley58.gif

Friar Tuck 29-07-2017 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRavenx (Post 664544)
I thought you might like the odd bike, or two, some have many more lol. Here's mine though, a 1981 Honda CB650c American import :D

Hey! Look lads...one of them two wheel thingies.....Never catch on....

Friar Tuck 29-07-2017 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRavenx (Post 664545)
Oh dear lol, So who is this Ewok then lol :D

you really wanna know? :eek:

Friar Tuck 29-07-2017 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRavenx (Post 664551)
Thanks, I have a spare engine (just in case she blows) for her too that I managed to pick up a few years back. I would've prefered the spoked wheels though. As far as I believe everything on it is original apart from the exhausts, mirrors (I have the originals) and the sissy bar.

She handles really well too, probably due to the Avon Venoms I had fitted. Tons of grip on corners and with these tyres I've had it almost as low as the foot rest but wasn't brave enough to all out on the sparks lol. She'll also red line all the way through to the needle stop which I believe is in excess of 14,000 revs. I don't know though as the clocks on these only read as far as 10k. But yes, she'll definitely red line without screaming at me to stop lol :D

Now listen here, Young Lady, fella me lad! don't go starting getting all tecni---techo--- testic---- all knowall bikey on us! most of don't know an oil can from a tin can! Was Venoms then? Huh? And...and... what are these things called "corners" you speak of? And as for red lining....where's me meds?

Friar Tuck 29-07-2017 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRavenx (Post 664546)
Wimmin bikers? Is this a mens only club? jk lol

Don't worry about the Ps & Qs lol, heard enough in my time :D

No! Not at all! This is definately NOT a Men Only Club! We just seem to frighten them off!.....

SS2 30-07-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRavenx (Post 664544)
I thought you might like the odd bike, or two, some have many more lol. Here's mine though, a 1981 Honda CB650c American import :D

Tidy that. Very similar to the CM and CX customs we got here. Had three CM's myself as a young oik.

Strider 31-07-2017 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRavenx (Post 664545)
Oh dear lol, So who is this Ewok then lol :D

No doubt you will receive the terms and conditions shortly, however I do need to point out that it is joint enterprise that Mr Tuck is also involved in.

If you care to get microscope you might be able to read the small print

Friar Tuck 01-08-2017 05:49 AM

Oh Dear! Another one we've fritted off...I fear....

xRavenx 03-08-2017 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 664582)
Oh Dear! Another one we've fritted off...I fear....

Have no fear, Raven is here :D :p

Friar Tuck 04-08-2017 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRavenx (Post 664594)
Have no fear, Raven is here :D :p

You ma'am, are made of sterner stuff! I salute you! You came back!.... And as for this EW&T thing.....Don't worry about it......too much......* small print? what small print? You're ours now! T&C's to arrive later, by overnight carrier!*


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.