100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Showroom (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The GS1000 (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51552)

Strider 28-02-2017 06:53 AM

The GS1000

1 Attachment(s)
This is the "new" bike

Running rich at the moment now I have the chance to investigate a bit but as its been pissing down and I only got it Sunday, not had a chance to really do much with it yet

Tricky-Dicky 28-02-2017 11:05 AM

Looks very tidy and with some nice additions:)

SS2 28-02-2017 01:23 PM

I like that, good looking very useable bit of kit. :thumbu:

strima 28-02-2017 03:48 PM

Very nice, love the mono shock.

Friar Tuck 01-03-2017 06:32 AM

Not bad looking for a Suzuki....

Strider 03-03-2017 06:30 PM

A few more details on it

1080 Wiseco big bore kit
GSXR600 back end
Speed triple front end
GSXR1000 rear wheel
Renthals
Fully rewired, and all the gubbins tucked into the tail piece
Bandit 6 switch gear
Aftermarket clocks

HOS 11-03-2017 04:54 PM

I like that a lot.
Good choices for the modifications.
I'm well on with my air cooled retro now, want to get it MOT'd before spring.

Strider 11-03-2017 08:20 PM

Now I've had the chance to get it on the road, it wont rev over 7k, so its now at the dyno for them to get it dialled in properly.

Oh and if I have to go very far I WILL have to wear ear plugs :D

moblow 28-05-2018 06:58 AM

think iv damaged my ears forever from loud pipes and high speeds so try to wear ear plugs being an old fogey now :) like that a lot strider and nice mods too, i had a gs750 chop once which was totally bullet proof engine wise.
recently done the shims on my kawasaki as she was running rough when opening her up and all the gaps were on minimum on the exhaust valves..........id only done em few thousand miles ago but what a difference that made to performance and im going to get carbs balanced when funds allow soon.
lovely bike :) moses

Strider 28-05-2018 07:40 AM

Sold it a few months ago now .......... and the new owner put it up for sale shortly after for whatever reason, he tried to make 500 on it, failed and then put it up 300 more than he paid ......... not sure if it actually went for that

Friar Tuck 29-05-2018 06:38 AM

People will only pay what they think it's worth nowadays. AndSince the advent of Ebay everybody wants things for virtually nothing!

Strider 30-05-2018 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 668545)
People will only pay what they think it's worth nowadays. AndSince the advent of Ebay everybody wants things for virtually nothing!

Yeah, but what you get is dealers pushing the price up, they can sit on the bikes forever, others see it and think there's is worth that or near it.

The same has happened with Jota prices, 4-5 months ago you could get one for around 10-12k, but three dealers have put their's up for 15k, so everyone has matched that price, out of my league, hence me getting the 1200 Mirage

There's a GS1000 been on Ebay for at least 18 months which was waaay over priced at the time (still is in my opinion) but the other dealer prices are starting to get near it now.

Gumtree is a better bet these days

Friar Tuck 31-05-2018 04:44 AM

Itdoesn't help that people don't want to get their hands dirty and do their own servicing nowadays so go to the dealers more and more. Hence the price hikes. If people did their own servicing more then prices would soon drop as the dealers would find that they would be losing their bread and butter core business....

Strider 31-05-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 668566)
Itdoesn't help that people don't want to get their hands dirty and do their own servicing nowadays so go to the dealers more and more. Hence the price hikes. If people did their own servicing more then prices would soon drop as the dealers would find that they would be losing their bread and butter core business....

I was chatting last week to a local bike shop that has been around for years and years, in fact my other half's ex used to own it and he was saying how main dealers these days aren't into servicing bike they are into making their money selling them and lets face it, with new ish bikes these days with the technology, its difficult to do your own servicing, except for brakes, chains, oil and that's about it.

What scares me is all the new DAS riders who "I have just bought some new shorty levers, can anyone tell me how to fit them" or my chain is slack, how much would the shop charge me to tighten it"

FFS, there's even people out there paying 40-50 to have their bike washed and "valeted"

Friar Tuck 01-06-2018 04:26 AM

FFS! what are these riding schools teaching? This is basic daily checks....

HOS 01-06-2018 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strider (Post 668588)
I was chatting last week to a local bike shop that has been around for years and years, in fact my other half's ex used to own it and he was saying how main dealers these days aren't into servicing bike they are into making their money selling them and lets face it, with new ish bikes these days with the technology, its difficult to do your own servicing, except for brakes, chains, oil and that's about it.

What scares me is all the new DAS riders who "I have just bought some new shorty levers, can anyone tell me how to fit them" or my chain is slack, how much would the shop charge me to tighten it"

FFS, there's even people out there paying 40-50 to have their bike washed and "valeted"

I have bike riding acquaintances who can't hold a spanner never mind use one. One of them "had a problem with the clutch" on his GSXR1000. Turned out it had nothing to do with the clutch it was the gear change lever seizing on its nylon bush. I had a look at it and the nylon bush on the pivot was so caked up in road grime and grit the bush had become damaged to the point of the lever sticking. I offered to fit a new one for him but he thought it was only for a dealer to do. After waiting several days for the new lever, he had to wait another 2 weeks to get a dealer slot to fit it. You can't help some people. Although I did show him how to clean the bush and swingarm and around it using WD and a rag like it was some kind of high technology to him.

Friar Tuck 02-06-2018 04:42 AM

It gets to a point when the adage is asked" When is a biker not a biker?". These are cases where the training school is failing in a big way. Technically they are putting people in danger on the roads. Lack of maintenance will only result in the bike becoming dangerous and ultimately causing an accident, and then when the resulting investigation/examination of the wreckage occurs and results published the owner could get charged with riding an unsafe machine! How many riders are taught about chain safety and how to tighten one up, let alone check oil, tire pressures etc. Basic checks. Then getting onto brake wear, etc.......